Glass fronted tumble drier, insulate it!?

Energy efficient construction methods and insulation
Fintray

Re: Glass fronted tumble drier, insulate it!?

Post by Fintray »

Mr Gus wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:26 am Needs to be anti static & better mesh filtration, with the ability to create a lint loosening negative pressure vacuum port as part of a service cycle maybe?
The awkward bottom access of ashp tumble driers has been a concern to me for a good while, but.. "hobsons choice"
The bottom access on mine was gained by removing all above it! :shock:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Blue plaque, Cambridge, too high up & missed by the masses, (sad that most folk don't visit them whilst meandering as visitors, but its a bit like parkers piece & football rules origin, in plain sight but only to those looking, ..I hate football but have always known it, ..a faecal design had cash "spaffed" on it around 2014, ..for precisely zero good! 👎 & bugger all awareness.

Cambridge is well worth booking a bowler hatted walking tour, the museums are brilliant, (your average person will understand the likes of darwin & alan turing a lot more intimately if you do) spend days not hours here if visiting, im still learning, walking a city teaches history, which was how I enjoyed london from my flat in SE1 ..its history was also its redemption, whereas Cambridge born have historic "city in the country" pride for the place the wife just never understands, the city grows butthe inner spaces are actually plentiful, sadly cow deaths litter strangulation are.a.problem due to littering effwits, You haven't seen cambridge proper till you traverse the cow filled city pastures. (not midsummer common)

City confines has "escaped" since 2000 when development exploded at the bottom of hills road & the 3rd incarnation of addenbrookes hospital (knives out) the sprawling land grab is still accelerating.

https://www.cambridgeppf.org/Pages/FAQs ... ue-plaques
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Mr Gus wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:47 pm Being a country farm boy & raised with horses (riding school) I was born into the saddle & was an expendable option for breaking horses.like that, I was the sort of lad who would ride astride 2 horses standing whilst they cantered, so would have to regularly fight with horses for control, one resulting in my bruised balls from 14-30yrs "deep tissue damage" purple gonads, I was surprised to have a kid as a result !

Tiny brains they may have, but some well & truly evil bastards with that power & mass.
I don't know how much truth there is in it, but I remember reading or being told that French horses were generally better-tempered than ours because over there the bad ones just got eaten!
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Too many people riding one horse / pony ruin it, so you need one horse developing with one rider, & sold on carefully, otherwise you have to "maintain" the horse & ride/ teach / train the kinks out of it.

..& some horses by quirk of nature or treatment are literally saints of the devil himself to be around & then ride.
French horsemeat comes / came from here also.

Some of the most people friendly horses were ex racehorses, ..cosseted & loved by many of the staff, suffice to say, spend more time with animals to understand them & us & encounter less grouchiness along the way.

Anyway, "tumbledriers" 😉

Ours is called "Tumbledore"
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Andy

Post by Andy »

Some readings if people find them useful. A reasonable load in a 9kg washing machine spun at 1400rpm and dried on Cotton was .544kWh today and .628kWh yesterday. I can never be bothered to separate everything so it's always on cotton mode. With the old vented dryer it was between 1.5 and 2kWh plus the air needing reheating in the house.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

To add to Andy's numbers but from the top of my head.

Ours is a 9 kg unit also. (Electrolux drier)
Annoyingly it has standby consumption that is about 0.8 -1.5 watt hrs

In the cold (over several weeks) up till mid feb 2023.
On a wool setting / large items consumption was typically 244 up to 420 watt hours consumption, the peak being minimal.
I have a lot of wool socks, & technical material kit that I should drip dry, often cannot be bothered so in on wool it go's.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

I find that a HP tumbler is fine for stuff labelled “do not tumble dry” because of the lower temperature compared with resistive.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Yes,although do watch out for laminated materials, that for instance are drip dry.

My endura mtb humvee 2 shorts bubbled a bit & separated on a patch of material, if in doubt, "wool"
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS