Edinburgh flat

Energy efficient construction methods and insulation
GarethC

Re: Edinburgh flat

Post by GarethC »

Need to grab a beer in the Stockbridge Tap, if I deign to come to North Edinburgh from the true des res area of the south :D
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

GarethC wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:06 pm Need to grab a beer in the Stockbridge Tap, if I deign to come to North Edinburgh from the true des res area of the south :D
Oh really? :D :lol:
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

I've been to Edinburgh twice, once a long time ago for a stag do at the Haymarket, basically sat outside drinking all day. It was March and I kid you not, it was sunny, no wind and quite balmy.

The second time was just before Covid times and went with SWMBO to the Edinburgh Fringe and the Tattoo. It was a bit moist, chilly but still with the odd sunny spell and very enjoyable.

Hogmanay in Edinburgh is still on our bucket list.
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
AGT

Post by AGT »

Lived there for 6 years.
Great fun, great city, avoid the pubic triangle
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:05 pm I've been to Edinburgh twice, once a long time ago for a stag do at the Haymarket, basically sat outside drinking all day. It was March and I kid you not, it was sunny, no wind and quite balmy.

The second time was just before Covid times and went with SWMBO to the Edinburgh Fringe and the Tattoo. It was a bit moist, chilly but still with the odd sunny spell and very enjoyable.

Hogmanay in Edinburgh is still on our bucket list.
We've been knocking about Edinburgh way more off than on the last five years. Always liked it, really grooved on it actually & being honest. Busy guy alzheimers kicked in though not much beyond city limits and leaving daughterly. She split up from her fella last week and I thought F it, let's get a place aye and now. It's fairly knocked a hole in my financial preen base but F it, thats why its there? Should work out groovy. If it doesn't, at least I went in as I've lived. :lol: 8-)

I've been waiting decades of no porsches (ok1), no coke, no screeds of hookers. Been a good little offshore boy, you know what? When I dropped the hammer today and went 'aye that's mine now, cash', whole exchange in 3 hours I was supremely happy. Daughters safe, her career continues and we're getting the band back together for a party ❤️ . :twisted:

They don't fuck about down here in property, step up or fuck off and you'll get bladed anyway was our 1st flyby. that's 20 secs son, too late..Funnily enough, never actually had to live 'money talks etc', before. It has been a learning experience in property. 8-)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

We love visiting our son and family in S Edinburgh. We go regularly for birthdays etc and get called north to do the school run when the other grandparents are away and can't do it...

Anyway, we use the buses a lot, enjoy ourselves through the day, go out for day trips at weekends with the granddaughters on buses and trains - and caused consternation a good few years ago when I said "I really like Portobello... If I cashed in all my savings we could buy a small house or flat a few roads back from the beach!"

...Seems they didn't want us living anywhere so close!

It's a great city with loads to enjoy... so do it!
best wishes
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:37 pm We love visiting our son and family in S Edinburgh. We go regularly for birthdays etc and get called north to do the school run when the other grandparents are away and can't do it...

Anyway, we use the buses a lot, enjoy ourselves through the day, go out for day trips at weekends with the granddaughters on buses and trains - and caused consternation a good few years ago when I said "I really like Portobello... If I cashed in all my savings we could buy a small house or flat a few roads back from the beach!"

...Seems they didn't want us living anywhere so close!

It's a great city with loads to enjoy... so do it!
best wishes
A
Grazie mille AE.
I will be back with photos later. Entry date is 13th March, got that 1st weekend of joy then SWMBO & Daughterly will team up on me. There are already signs... :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

I'm surprised, has no one asked if it has a wood stove, could have a wood stove, has a wood stove been ordered or no no to a wood stove? :D
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:17 pm I'm surprised, has no one asked if it has a wood stove, could have a wood stove, has a wood stove been ordered or no no to a wood stove? :D
Sadly all electric. :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

SWMBO has already sourced and collected a secondhand pine chest of drawers. Told them both that everything that goes in the place comes from our house or secondhand. I like upcycling and they'll enjoy the challenge (he hoped).

There shall be an airfryer. :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs