Post by Moxi »

mmmmmm road kill

:D

Moxi
Joeboy

Re: Slide towards Winter

Post by Joeboy »

When there are two half 3's in the same day and you'll see them both. :oO:

Good thing about an early rise is the chance to see how the system is working. 19 degs throughout home and minus 2 outside.

Played about with times and got some extra slots. :)

Will run SH's that bit longer, WBS on the go and SWMBO sleeping, Classic fm on, happy day. 😊
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

sounds like a good start to the day JB.

Here we are a comfy 18.6 deg C, kids are all dressed and ready for ysgol (school) and the boss and I are off to Ellesmere port in the EV6 to pick up a large combined birthday cake and do some Xmas shopping, then back to feed the kids and settle down for the weekend.

Around 4 degree's here and a light drizzle.

Moxi
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

We’re still hanging on to Summer, though I feel the slide to winter will be a precipitous one when we eventually have to face up to it :lol:
AGT

Post by AGT »

Schools are off today, so I’ve taken the day off too.

Walked the dog an hour ago and the temp hasn’t lifted at 2deg C ice still on the pavement, wood burner topped up from last nights embers

Coldest habitable space 18.7 deg C
Front vestibule sitting at 15.5 deg C still waiting on secondary glazing to be fitted….
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AGT wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:23 am Schools are off today, so I’ve taken the day off too.

Walked the dog an hour ago and the temp hasn’t lifted at 2deg C ice still on the pavement, wood burner topped up from last nights embers

Coldest habitable space 18.7 deg C
Front vestibule sitting at 15.5 deg C still waiting on secondary glazing to be fitted….
That's pretty good. Sun is blaring here and big lounge at back where WBS is sitting at 23.6 deg. The whole room is a passive heatpump with no moving parts! Can feel the heat coming the other way when walking into that area of three room combo. The rest of the house is a little over 20 deg.

We are now trying to take advantage of this extra heat and the dehumidifiers running to vanquish the tumble dryer now that we have gas on the ropes. To this end I bought SWMBO a replacement sock hanger (romantic eh). She immediately went on a hunt and said 'hang it there, the WBS will dry stuff fast there'. I was agog at her on-sideness and how having her fully onside continues to reap benefits beyond cessation of the psychological warfare as practiced by the fairer sex. :xx:

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Kommando

Post by Kommando »

I have a Whirlpool self combusting tumble dryer, its a newer exchanged one with the alleged modification in place. I opened it up after 6 months and there was the same build up of fluff on the heating elements as before. So the fix does not work to stop your house going up in flames. So I cleaned the insides out, disconnected the heating elements and ran it that way. Drying takes a bit longer and you still lose warm air to the outside from the room its in as before but the clothes still dry just taking longer. Its only consuming the power to run the motor so its using a lot less electricity.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Kommando wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:28 am I have a Whirlpool self combusting tumble dryer, its a newer exchanged one with the alleged modification in place. I opened it up after 6 months and there was the same build up of fluff on the heating elements as before. So the fix does not work to stop your house going up in flames. So I cleaned the insides out, disconnected the heating elements and ran it that way. Drying takes a bit longer and you still lose warm air to the outside from the room its in as before but the clothes still dry just taking longer. Its only consuming the power to run the motor so its using a lot less electricity.
Do you know how many Watts it pulls running with no elements connected? I like the idea and out the box thinking. Just wondering how it compares to a dehumidifier?

We are running two, the downstairs one is purely maintenance duty now or pulling moisture in washing. The upstairs unit is still pulling from the building (46% now). He'll of a difference for just over 0.2kW per unit.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Kommando

Post by Kommando »

The motor alone is a couple of hundred watts at a guess, it never shows up as a major consumer on the usage monitor
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

It doesn't drop quite enough for this, although. :praise:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6739076 ... 7S9Ucbxw6v
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5