Water softener efficiency

Energy efficient construction methods and insulation
Joeboy

Re: Water softener efficiency

Post by Joeboy »

greentangerine wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:32 pm
tony wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:02 pm I like twin cylinder non electric, minimises salt use and uses no electricity, regenerates when water meter says to switching to other cylinder and regenerates exhausted one ready for next swap
I have a twin cylinder Kinetico. Totally clockwork and now the children have left home, the salt blocks last about a month or slightly longer which means about £5 now the prices have gone up.

Have had it for over 20 years and still working fine. We have very hard water here and wouldn't be without it.

If I forget to replace the blocks, the kettle starts to scale immediately and you can feel the difference in the water when showering.
We have incredibly hard water at Turkish place. Hadn't really experienced it until we bought out there. I have the hwt element pulled once per year. It looks like an Antarctic landscape shot! Bottled 4 gallon water on a cooler/heater stand. Other than that it's calgon in the washing machine with the detergent and good to go and calgon soak the shower heads each year.
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees