Induction hob

Energy efficient construction methods and insulation
Joeboy

Re: Induction hob

Post by Joeboy »

Fancied toast & cheese for lunch. Led me to trying the airfryer. Had to use two of a four slice toaster banks to brown the bread and then into the airfryer. Incredibly quick cheese bubblage.

Tastes great and the soc during that time of cooking went from 62 to 63%. That wouldn't have happened even using the half grill function on the oven unit.

16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

My cheese on toast was only so so, (but it was brie) so some tweaking required for air frying.

Lovely bacon baguette this morning, 7 mins then 5 mins for each subsequent batch.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I'd like to find a toaster that only does one side across 2 slices..
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:04 pm I'd like to find a toaster that only does one side across 2 slices..
I have one, it's called a grill... If you have and use gas it's the best way of doing this, plus gas is a lot cheaper per kWhr and the wasted heat warms the kitchen.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:28 pm
Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:04 pm I'd like to find a toaster that only does one side across 2 slices..
I have one, it's called a grill... If you have and use gas it's the best way of doing this, plus gas is a lot cheaper per kWhr and the wasted heat warms the kitchen.
A
:D Is it? Well, the tech that appears! I am certain I'll find something on alibaba or similar to assuage my tech needs. Good call though on the gas grill. :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

There is one, it is called Aga, rayburn or similar, a tennis racket type metal bread insert for 3 or 4 slices at a time.
flip, don't forget.
Nicely compressed & toasted very evenly due to everything being against the heat & weight of lid.
Last edited by Mr Gus on Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Have you thought about investing in a “toasting fork” Joe?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Stinsy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:46 pm Have you thought about investing in a “toasting fork” Joe?
Ah, technological mixing? Could do. I'll keep this one on my back burner (boom tish) for a wee bit. See how it plays out.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Toasting fork will play on anyone heres mind, loss of wbs efficiency of draw & output..
however a thick 2sided wire mesh that sits just proud if the glass (sooty or whatever) & gwts heat from chamber + glass whilst closed & is technically visible to check on browning to some degree...

Wire bent to shape to hold / hang evenly in place, lift load & lock burner door & not burn skin.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

An update on Bacofoil (whom I use for general food bags & sous vide, extensively sous vide)

My wife bought me back a new pack to try (single lock, slider, so not for proper submersion, ..thus pushing the air out via partial submersion.

Anyhow, Bacofoil are upping their game in terms of virgin & recycled materials, their new product including a better design spec clingfilm, a tranche of their bags are deemed top rack dishwasher safe & reusable (though the safeloc bags I use are thicker than these new ones) "UP to 70c in a dishwasher top rack, reusable up to 10 times over, designed with cook cool, freezer store, thaw, clean & re-use in mind.. progress.

Their products are only tested every 5 years, my safeloc bags are deemed safe to higher (though rarely used temps for sous vide) & as they are only lab tested for a 2 hour window at the high temps, I turn anything cooked lower as part of a holding pattern if left in "warm-hot" water with the impeller keeping temp evenly circulated (no hotspots)

safeloc = waterproof.
cliplock = resistant.

Bacofoil is "aiming" at a 2025 pledge "made with 70% recycled resources (bringing us closer to our goal of using only recycled or renewable raw materials in our products by 2025) and are dishwasher safe"

The "new" recyclable!?? clingfilm (for proper industrial processing based on TUV composting ..which is sadly not compliant with many green waste bin collections as I've mentioned previously. ...after chatting with the bacofoil representative today they learnt what I learnt about rejected waste due to dumb councils not opening their eyes as to recyclable & really recyclable ...the effwits (amey run bin lorry services here)

https://www.bacofoil.co.uk/product/baco ... ut-system/
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS