Induction hob

Energy efficient construction methods and insulation
AE-NMidlands

Re: Induction hob

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Mr Gus wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:06 pm Bacofoil is "aiming" at a 2025 pledge "made with 70% recycled resources (bringing us closer to our goal of using only recycled or renewable raw materials in our products by 2025) and are dishwasher safe"

The "new" recyclable!?? clingfilm (for proper industrial processing based on TUV composting ..which is sadly not compliant with many green waste bin collections as I've mentioned previously. ...after chatting with the bacofoil representative today they learnt what I learnt about rejected waste due to dumb councils not opening their eyes as to recyclable & really recyclable ...the effwits (amey run bin lorry services here)

https://www.bacofoil.co.uk/product/baco ... ut-system/
maybe not quite such a good idea... https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... xins-study has
The review also highlighted widespread “illicit” recycling in which industry uses non-food grade plastic made with flame retardants and other toxic compounds in recycled food packaging. Despite strict regulations on which types of plastic can be used for food contact, studies identified recycled electronics in the US, South Korea and European markets.

“There are clear indications of brominated flame retardants that came from your old TV, computer, keyboard,” Geueke said. “It’s certainly not legal.”

The review identified similar problems with reusable plastic items for food contact, such as kitchen utensils, water bottles, tableware, baby bottles, water dispensers, tubing of milking machines and more.

Food from plastic’s first use or detergents used to clean the material can be absorbed and cause chemical changes and contamination in reused material, as can heating it or otherwise using it in a way it is not designed to be.

Consumers can protect themselves by avoiding plastic as much as possible, bringing non-plastic carryout packages to restaurants and moving food products from plastic packaging to containers made of safer materials.
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Joe,

You are looking for a flip toaster, sometimes referred to as a flip flop toaster, searches haven't shown a modern version but I would think that an old unit could be easily refurbished to work again or indeed you could make up your own as the basic detail is very straight forward.

Could be a pleasant long term project sourcing the bits in an ad hoc fashion until you are ready to build.

Examples here

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Vi ... ML&first=1

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Possibly something on Alibaba or similar web sites? - not spotted anything on Amazon tho

Moxi
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Yes, I was waiting for that, this past week has been full of it (understandably)

Part of the solution relies on "assured suppliers" (though even nasa suffers from fraud in the supply chain (shuttle tiles anyone) !?

Bacofoil may be the next "findus" 🐎 meat scandal, but is hopefully a big enough global company to stay clean!

Everythings a gamble these days but as far as my sous vide bags are concerned I stay low (enough to pasteurise) & reduce temp after a cook, to be safer in general.

(not testing to destruction IS a concern mind, too much uncertainty without knowing batches limitations)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

joe, 1sided toast = an ebay dualit (faulty) ..they sell the parts, check youtube for "how to's"
Most consumers will flog a semi working one cheaply as is, without a thought to repair!
(dualit spares are affordable, generally)

For instance..

Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

The timer in my Dualit toaster failed after 8 years, I replaced it cheaply and simply, that was 10years ago. Sure I spent £350 on a toaster and could’ve spent £10. But it is lovely, super reliable, and parts are available should it need another repair.

Worth spending a little extra for BIFL products sometimes…
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Krill

Post by Krill »

I have a dualit toaster and I give it some hammer. I handily recommend one for the BIFL aspect.
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Used to see the dualit gear offshore sometimes. I'll keep an eye out, thanks 😊 to all!
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Various "types" (& presumably quality) would go for the older classic looking models, ..the downside is you cannot cancel the clockwork timer (a sin for folks such as us) :cry:
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Mr Gus wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:29 pm Various "types" (& presumably quality) would go for the older classic looking models, ..the downside is you cannot cancel the clockwork timer (a sin for folks such as us) :cry:
As the brand got popular they started sticking the brand on any old crap. If you want BIFL you have to buy one of the traditional ones.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)