immersun repair -no.3

shbs

Re: immersun repair -no.3

Post by shbs »

Thanks for your reply Marcus. I'll change out that transformer and report back.
Stevews

Post by Stevews »

Since replacing the 4 x FGH40T65 FGH40T65SHD IGBT power tube 40A 650V I can now confirm my Immersun unit is working fine. No voltage 10 errors and no problems with diverting the maximum amount of surplus power to the immersion heater.
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

Swwils wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:47 pm The eddi is only a bit better, at least there are incremental updates happening to the design.

It's a £400 unit but still has noticable status led flicker.

Isn't the IGBT usually the failure on these type of units?

YES ridiculous, the zappi isn't much better. Can't see them lasting a few winters.
Huw

Post by Huw »

Apologies for posting this on your discussion as I’m new and can’t find the method to create a new post concerning my Immersun fault and how it was resolved, and I’m hoping you could post this for me for others to see, I emailed Immersun with my issue and this is how it was resolved

Hello I hope you could advise
The unit is not starting up further than the words saying Immersun Loader, is there anything that I can check or buttons to press to reset and is there a repair service please?

Thanks for your enquiry. Please try a full reset on the Immersun unit using the exact procedure below:

Firstly cool the water in your hot water cylinder to well below thermostat temperature and ensure it is not being heated by any external heating sources (e.g. gas boiler) during this procedure but do not isolate the immersion heater. Turn off power to the Immersun unit. Wait 5 minutes then hold down the CROSS button whilst powering up. Do not release CROSS button until you see 'Force Normal Run' on the display.

Once you have reached the Home screen go immediately to Menu -> Advanced Settings -> Passcode 0000 -> Factory Reset -> Tick 'RESET CONFIG' & Tick 'RESET IMMERLINK' and the select Execute. After reset the unit will go through initial setup procedure, for this please ensure the correct option is selected for your sensor type:

Sensor type options:
WIRED = Your CT clamp is wired to your main IMMERSUN unit.
RADIO = Your CT clamp is wired to a smaller Wireless Sensor unit that communicates wirelessly with your main IMMERSUN unit.
SLAVE = You are using multiple IMMERSUN units linked together and this unit is not the primary unit.

Note: If your Immersun display freezes or if an Error message occurs during the above process then please try pushing the CROSS or TICK buttons on your IMMERSUN to see if it responds or allows you to navigate away from the Error message. If this fails then you will need to repeat the reset prodcedure again from the beginning and proceed through these steps much more quickly.

If you see "Water Hot", "Error 3 Heater not detected" or "Error 8 Load short Circuit" after completing the above steps then this indicates there may be an issue related to the output (your immersion heater, thermostat or heater cable and connection integrity), it is strongly recommended to have these external parts checked for faults by a domestic electrician. Please also refer back to the original wiring diagram in installation manual, if you believe the IMMERSUN may have been wired incorrectly please call us on 01908 101 955 to help troubleshoot.

Kind Regards,
Immersun Support
shbs

Post by shbs »

I changed out the T1 transformer as advised by Marcus and I'm back in business, no more error 9 - low voltage.
Thanks Marcus.

Does anyone know about Solar iBoosts? i have one of those just failed too. Maybe I should start a new thread but it outputs 400 volts when it is supposed to be off and outputs nothing when it should be on. Any ideas?
joeirish

Post by joeirish »

I'm new on this forum but I have a related problem. I started to see an Error 9 Under Voltage message today. The unit had stopped working properly yesterday (not showing an input from the inverter or any export to the grid etc, pic attached) so today I did a factory reset. Then when I selected the heater it displayed this error and would not proceed with the start up. I then re-started holding down the X button to force a normal run but it is still not working. All the savings data from the past six years has disappeared, it is now showing 0.00. But it still has the date and the tariff correct. Some of the items on the top line of the display (date and time, savings etc) are not showing. I've had a good look inside the unit and no sign of any burn marks on any of the components or the PCB. Not sure if anybody has any ideas. I see an earlier post where somebody said the replaced T1 but I'm not sure which this is and I've never done any electronic stuff. Also attached are some screens from the Readings menu. I;m sure some of the 0 values are not what should be there? Thanks.

PS I live in Ireland so not easy to get it back to be repaired even if this were possible.

Last edited by joeirish on Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
joeirish

Post by joeirish »

Stevews wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:22 pm I would agree entirely. It’s not easy to identify the exact fault at the moment and I don’t have an in-depth knowledge of electronics, although I’m keen to learn. Im quite happy to leave it as it is and report back if anything changes.

By the way I purchased two T1 transformers as they were only €8 each. When the error 10 first appeared I removed the newly fitted transformer and replaced it with the second new transformer as I thought it might have been faulty. Unfortunately that didn’t make any difference to the error. The description of the part was VOLTAGE MEASUREMENT TRANSFORMER 6100-SVL101201

I would like to thank you for all your help and advice.
Looks like this is also the transformer I need. Any ideas where I can get one. I've only found an Italian company so far. Thanks.
joeirish

Post by joeirish »

shbs wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:11 pm I changed out the T1 transformer as advised by Marcus and I'm back in business, no more error 9 - low voltage.
Thanks Marcus.

Does anyone know about Solar iBoosts? i have one of those just failed too. Maybe I should start a new thread but it outputs 400 volts when it is supposed to be off and outputs nothing when it should be on. Any ideas?
Hi, I've also got this error code. Can you tel me where did you get the transformern and what was the model number. Thanks
Stevews

Post by Stevews »

Hi Joeirish,

You are correct, the T1 transformers used in the Immersun Units were made in Italy. I found it impossible to source a replacement anywhere in the UK and after a lot of research I found the following supplier. The link also gives the part number you need. The price for the unit is the same as I paid a few months ago. Postage charges are reasonable and quick.

https://store.open-electronics.org/inde ... -SVL101201

When you desolder the existing T1 transformer just be careful as the prongs are a lot thicker compared to other components and need more heat to remove thr existing solder. Being patient and using the right tools helps a lot.

I hope this helps and resolves your problem. Let us know how you get on.

Steve
nowty

Post by nowty »

shbs wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:51 pm
I have two Immersuns working together heating a 1000 litre tank.
Sorry I can't help you with your problem, but I suspect you might have a fair bit of solar installed. I personally have two immersuns heating a 300 litre tank.

Care to elaborate on how much solar you have so I can add you to our green generating collective. :mrgreen:
PM me if you prefer.
https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... f=13&t=922

Same plea to @Stevews too.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3