4mm PV cable

Joeboy

4mm PV cable

Post by Joeboy »

I am vaguely planning making one of solar strings mobile. Wondering if any of you guys have 15 to 40 mtrs of 4mm PV cable left over? Happy to pay a decent price here rather than to an online shop?

I obtained a load of used 2x2 & 3x2 out of which I'll build a skidable frame and I'd rather buy someone's dust covered leftovers to keep in with the reuse & recycle ethos. The length doesn't really matter as even down to 10 Mtrs of cable would let me play about. TIA. :D
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Fintray

Re: 4mm PV cable

Post by Fintray »

Didn't Mr Gus have some left over?
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:02 pm Didn't Mr Gus have some left over?
There was some going about but it was finally used up on the job itself. :cry: I'm OK buying from online but i'd rather stick a few quid in a pocket on here than there.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
billi

Post by billi »

Gareth "I have about 75-80m of 4mm cable that will be left over from a job very soon. Only arrived a week ago. Pm me if you'd like details of spec and a price including delivery." same thread
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

billi wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:50 pm Gareth "I have about 75-80m of 4mm cable that will be left over from a job very soon. Only arrived a week ago. Pm me if you'd like details of spec and a price including delivery." same thread
He needed it all as the job dynamic changed, decent of him to offer though. Thanks Billi.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Gareth J

Post by Gareth J »

Jury's out as to whether I need it or not! I am loath to rewire unless I really have to so am hoping to switch inverters out to see if an existing one I have works how I want it to - but that might take a day or three so, Joe, best not wait on my decision.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Gareth J wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:14 pm Jury's out as to whether I need it or not! I am loath to rewire unless I really have to so am hoping to switch inverters out to see if an existing one I have works how I want it to - but that might take a day or three so, Joe, best not wait on my decision.
I'm not in THAT much of a hurry. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there and see if I hooked a dusty part reel of 4mm. Best of fortune in the build!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
smegal

Post by smegal »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:41 pm I am vaguely planning making one of solar strings mobile. Wondering if any of you guys have 15 to 40 mtrs of 4mm PV cable left over? Happy to pay a decent price here rather than to an online shop?

I obtained a load of used 2x2 & 3x2 out of which I'll build a skidable frame and I'd rather buy someone's dust covered leftovers to keep in with the reuse & recycle ethos. The length doesn't really matter as even down to 10 Mtrs of cable would let me play about. TIA. :D
I should have some spare. I'll let you know then I'm installed. I just bought a 100m reel instead of trying to work out what I need, but my garden isn't very big, so expecting a surplus.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

smegal wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:26 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:41 pm I am vaguely planning making one of solar strings mobile. Wondering if any of you guys have 15 to 40 mtrs of 4mm PV cable left over? Happy to pay a decent price here rather than to an online shop?

I should have some spare. I'll let you know then I'm installed. I just bought a 100m reel instead of trying to work out what I need, but my garden isn't very big, so expecting a surplus.
That is very kind of you Smeagal, I actually finished that job last week. I am sure there will be somebody else DIY planning here and happy to convert cash to cable. Thanks again.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

How much left?
My Scottish jew sensibilities have to warn you, "I only pay wholesale" :lol:

what brand are we talking?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more