Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Email in this morning. They need to kick arse on that Feb pish. :cry:

We are thrilled to let you know your turbine at Graig Fatha has now been fully constructed! The process of assembling the major parts began Monday 29th November when the tower base arrived and was lifted into place. Over the next few days the rest of the tower pieces were added, as well as the transformer and the generator. After a slight pause to allow blustery conditions from Storm Arwen to abate, the blades were attached to the hub and finally lifted into place late on Thursday 9th December. 

Congratulations to every single one of our 907 Graig Fatha members. You have truly made it happen! We hope you have been following all the progress from your members' dashboard. In case you missed it, click the button below to watch a time lapse of the construction over the past 2 weeks. We'll be sharing it across all our social media channels today, but we wanted our members to be the first ones to see it!

We are continuing to work as fast as we can with all the relevant parties to ensure your turbine is energised quickly. We want you to begin enjoying your own source of green electricity and see your bill savings as soon as possible. The grid company's latest estimate expects to be ready for us to export power in late February. We will bring you more news as soon as we have it.
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

I worked out a couple of weeks back that if its late Feb, then the 3 months of lost energy could power Nowty Towers for around 150 years. :o
16.9kW PV > 104MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:59 am I worked out a couple of weeks back that if its late Feb, then the 3 months of lost energy could power Nowty Towers for around 150 years. :o
Aye I remember. Hard to see it going together so well and then hit the buffers like this. Distracting myself through inverter thoughts and log chopping for next Winter :) Plus WS cooking a sausage casserole for tonight. Scored a tonne plus of freshly Arwen felled trees off a mate yesterday. :)

Everyone involved should be sending a mail asking why such a delay. Get the Welsh govt involved etc. I certainly did, yesterday.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Given how well the rest of the scheme seems to have been planned and executed I am surprised at the delay, but maybe the grid people would only consider doing the connection after all the project's end-float - and then a bit more. I would also expect all the linesmen who have been working on the aftermath of the storm to take a fortmnight off and go somewhere sunny and warm too, so maybe - if there is an overlap in skills - there will be a short break in the work that had been planned, and it could be even later!

I thought that privatisation was supposed to be putting an end to delays like this! (Remember the wait for a Post Office telephone?) There is still no excuse for inhuman employment practices and pushing people around though...
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:32 pm Given how well the rest of the scheme seems to have been planned and executed I am surprised at the delay, but maybe the grid people would only consider doing the connection after all the project's end-float - and then a bit more. I would also expect all the linesmen who have been working on the aftermath of the storm to take a fortmnight off and go somewhere sunny and warm too, so maybe - if there is an overlap in skills - there will be a short break in the work that had been planned, and it could be even later!

I thought that privatisation was supposed to be putting an end to delays like this! (Remember the wait for a Post Office telephone?) There is still no excuse for inhuman employment practices and pushing people around though...
A
Agree with all yet the end Feb for outputting was announced way before Arwen and the project timeline on the Ripple website stated mid Dec for outputting . They put it up so fast that the delay must be with the DNO and not storm related. If anything the mid Dec date was way ahead on Ripples side.. How hard can it be? There are another 30 odd WT''s on that hill. Get it hooked up to the JB! :) Worse than Octopus 3rd party fitters! :roll:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

I think the problem was previously mentioned by Ripple that it was the lead time for the DNO to obtain the electrical cable necessary to connect it to the grid.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:06 pm I think the problem was previously mentioned by Ripple that it was the lead time for the DNO to obtain the electrical cable necessary to connect it to the grid.
WOW, DNO with no cable, just WOW. :lol:

'Distribution Network Operators (DNOs) are licensed companies that own and operate the network of towers, transformers, cables and meters that carry electricity from the national transmission system and distribute it throughout Britain. ... Their systems connect directly to the central database of electricity supply points.'

Sorry AE, this qualifys as buffonery and i'm not a forgiving person. To answer the previous, 'There is still no excuse for inhuman employment practices and pushing people around though...'

Yes there is and its been shown here. :twisted:

Could have a crack at hanging it on Evergreen I suppose but thats no excuse as the times don't line up and for a DNO not having warehouse facilities and adequate stock...or apparently any :lol:
Last edited by Joeboy on Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

They will probably claim its all needed for the repairs following Storm Arwen :roll:
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Ditto, must be the practical scot in us.
If that were to be the case of re-allocating cable stock, I imagine Ripple would have a case for "lost production" claims surely?

Can the DNO be that inept as not to have stock for govt emergencies, floating stock & other logistical supply to keep on top of their bread & butter, esp in winter fuel panic times (most winters recently).
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

Mr Gus wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:08 pm If that were to be the case of re-allocating cable stock, I imagine Ripple would have a case for "lost production" claims surely?
If the DNO has always said late Feb is the earliest we can connect, I doubt there is any case for a lost production claim. Its not the same as a grid outage claim.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3