Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

And another update, looking good for the foundations.

I wonder how many concrete trucks they are going to need ?

16.9kW PV > 103MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Excellent to see the foonds. I had not given much thought to the financial side of this but if we are being paid wholesale price less turbine running costs on a 1/2 hourly basis then we are golden. Especially the shoulder months when our PV's are still getting it done.
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:24 pm Excellent to see the foonds. I had not given much thought to the financial side of this but if we are being paid wholesale price less turbine running costs on a 1/2 hourly basis then we are golden. Especially the shoulder months when our PV's are still getting it done.
But remember when its windy the wholesale price is not going to be the same megabucks as it is at the moment.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
John_S

Post by John_S »

nowty wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:18 pm
Mojomal wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:16 pm Hi Nowty, you can add me to your secret list for Ripples second wind turbine.
All the best.
Malcolm.
Now 6 members of a wind turbine we officially know nothing about. :lol:
I too have paid the option to be an investor in WT2. Does that make it 8?
John
nowty

Post by nowty »

John_S wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:28 pm
nowty wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:18 pm
Mojomal wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:16 pm Hi Nowty, you can add me to your secret list for Ripples second wind turbine.
All the best.
Malcolm.
Now 6 members of a wind turbine we officially know nothing about. :lol:
I too have paid the option to be an investor in WT2. Does that make it 8?
John
6 + 1 = 7

Your now on the list.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
John_S

Post by John_S »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:33 pm
nowty wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:07 pm If you buy less than 7000 kWh's worth, there is no evidence required on your actual usage. The limit was a Financial Services Authority (FSA) requirement to avoid tax evasion.
Thanks for that, maybe I will buy in to No 2 on the basis of my planned heat pump (one day!)...
p.s: done - make it 7!

A
Nowty
Maybe you forgot this one.
John
nowty

Post by nowty »

John_S wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:11 pm
AE-NMidlands wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:33 pm
nowty wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:07 pm If you buy less than 7000 kWh's worth, there is no evidence required on your actual usage. The limit was a Financial Services Authority (FSA) requirement to avoid tax evasion.
Thanks for that, maybe I will buy in to No 2 on the basis of my planned heat pump (one day!)...
p.s: done - make it 7!

A
Nowty
Maybe you forgot this one.
John
Sorry, thought it was only a maybe, didn't see the "done", so yes that's the hateful eight.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:28 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:24 pm Excellent to see the foonds. I had not given much thought to the financial side of this but if we are being paid wholesale price less turbine running costs on a 1/2 hourly basis then we are golden. Especially the shoulder months when our PV's are still getting it done.
But remember when its windy the wholesale price is not going to be the same megabucks as it is at the moment.
Indeed, yet I can't think of another investment that waxes & wanes in this fashion. Quite exciting! There will be times when the demand rises along with price yet you/we will be unaffected as self generating and not touching grid. Beats the annual RPI on FIT for thrills.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

A bit like when you grow your own tomatoes. You end up with loads just when they are cheap in the shops.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Just in within my Inbox.

September has been incredibly busy for us here at Ripple. We'll take you through a run down of what's been going on, but first we have some big news to share with you...

Graig Fatha members are set to DOUBLE their electricity bill savings from their wind farm!

You may have seen in the news that the wholesale price of electricity has risen significantly in recent weeks, pushing electricity bills up. Whilst electricity prices are set to increase for millions of households, the high wholesale price will increase the bill savings Graig Fatha members will see once the wind farm starts generating. In fact savings are set to double compared to our initial estimates when we launched.

Whilst wholesale prices have gone through the roof, the expected cost of operating Graig Fatha has remained relatively flat. That means more savings for every kWh share of Graig Fatha produces.

We launched our share offer for Graig Fatha in summer 2020, at a time market prices were very low, in part due to the Covid lockdowns. As a result, the first year bill savings were expected to be less than 4p/kWh, although higher in later years. We now expect savings to be around 8p/kWh for at least the first year of the wind farm's lifetime.

The amount Graig Fatha members will save will depend on how much of the wind farm they own. A typical UK household using 2,900kWh of electricity per year and owning enough of Graig Fatha to meet 100% of their consumption (2,900kWh), would have paid around £1,880 for their wind farm shares.

Their bill from our current supply partner, Co-op Energy, powered by Octopus Energy, would have cost around £774 a year without Ripple. Now, with wind farm savings of around 8p/kWh, they can expect to save £232 in the first year of operation, bringing their bill down to £542. That's a reduction of 30%.

The calculation: 2,900 kWh generation x 8p/kWh saving = 23,200p = £232

Bill estimates based on London home on Your Co-op Energy 12 month fixed tariff. Prices correct 22.09.21.

Reservations are open for our second wind farm

Located in beautiful Scotland, our second wind farm is now open for reservations. Over 800 people have already reserved their place!

Reserving your shares guarantees you up to 900 watts in the wind farm ahead of the full public launch. That would be expected to generate 2,900kW each year . If you have already joined us for our second wind farm, welcome on board! If you have not, head to your member's dashboard for more information on how you can secure your place.

Soon we hope to bring you news about our new electricity supply partners who will join us alongside Your Co-op Energy, powered by Octopus Energy. So watch this space!
Last edited by Joeboy on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs