YIMBY

Wind turbines
Moxi

YIMBY

Post by Moxi »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/h ... 341b&ei=62

Not far from where I live and would become part of the skyline when I travel that those routes, I like the look of them.

Moxi
Mart

Re: YIMBY

Post by Mart »

YIMBY - I like that, going to be calling myself a YIMBY from now on. I really like the look of WT's, very majestic, and they represent something so, so important ...... or I'm just a big kid and like giant spinny things? :)
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

YIMBY - very nice!
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Mart wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:59 pm YIMBY - I like that, going to be calling myself a YIMBY from now on. I really like the look of WT's, very majestic, and they represent something so, so important ...... or I'm just a big kid and like giant spinny things? :)
I grew up in South Yorkshire and my dad worked for the CEGB so I was very familiar with the Prince of Wales class power stations in towns and the larger Trent basin power stations so for me its always been normal to see massive cooling towers turbine houses and coal processing plants somewhere on the horizon and WT's look far more appealing than their coal fired predecessors. In preference I like the larger slower spinning WT's to the smaller faster spinning WT's and my favourites are the WT's without a nacelle which I believe are permanent magnet units (happy to be educated) but this is an example

Moxi