Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

Don't worry, I shall be visiting when I can see something actually happening and ground works are scheduled to start tomorrow, or maybe its on Monday as I've read both 1st July and first week in July.

I just checked up on my various wind farm investments, Greencoat UK Wind, Renewables Infrastructure and Ventus. They all now assume an asset life of a modern wind turbine to be 30 years. Not the conservative estimate of 20 or 25 years assumed by Ripple in their offer document, so another reason to be pleased about. :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 102MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

The hammering in of the sign & location marker!

18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Obviously you need a hard hat and a hi viz jacket to use a hammer. :D

So the things I took from it was,

They now have 800 members so I think another 50 or so since last month. I reckon they are going to need about £1m of that loan.

The tower is 75m and the rotor is 50 metres, so 15 metres less tower height and 10 metres less rotor size than the standard configuration for that model Vensys 2.5MW. But then again its being installed in a pretty windy place so should be OK.

https://www.vensys.de/en/wind-turbines/ ... ensys-121/

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Front page of Ripple website says that the 1st WT is 94% sold. That is excellent! :D

https://rippleenergy.com/
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Busy news day for Ripple.

Graig Fatha share offer closing 31 July

Fri 16/07/2021 14:06

Stop the press! Graig Fatha is closing soon

We are thrilled to announce that an existing member has agreed to purchase the remaining capacity in Graig Fatha via his business. This means capacity in our pilot wind farm is close to selling out.

As a result of this exciting news and increased demand from our members to purchase additional shares, we can now confirm that our pilot wind farm at Graig Fatha will close to both new member ownership and additional shares purchases midnight 31st July 2021 at the latest.

David Evans, an existing Co-pilot Project co-operative member, has agreed to contribute the remaining capital required for Graig Fatha. As a result, the co-operative will not need to utilise the Welsh Development Bank loan previously communicated.

David, a business owner and passionate climate change enthusiast says:

“I’m thrilled to be part of Ripple’s unique cooperative energy ownership movement. Like Ripple, I am passionate about acting against climate change. Now with Ripple’s unique ownership model, everyone can play an active role in the UK’s clean energy future. I am pleased that I can do my part and be a part of Ripple’s amazing community of members, sharing in the benefits of green energy ownership, and putting power back in the hands the consumers” 

How this affects you

How will David’s share purchase work?

When the share offer closes midnight 31st July, David will purchase any remaining capacity. Upon this completion, Graig Fatha will reach maximum capacity and will close to new members. Current members will also no longer be able to purchase additional shares

How will this affect the coop and what does this mean for my ownership?

There are no changes to your membership or your shares. Your ownership remains unchanged and the savings your share of the wind farm generates once it is switched on will still be yours as planned. David’s company, DLLT Portfolio Limited, will take a direct share in the wind farm and own 24%-33% of the generation depending on the remaining capacity available on 31st July.

What if I still want to buy additional shares?

We will be closing Graig Fatha share purchase to both new ownership and additional shares purchases midnight 31st July 2021 or sooner if the remaining shares are purchased before then. From that time you will no longer be able to buy additional shares in Graig Fatha. 

If you plan to purchase additional shares, we strongly advise that you do this as soon as possible and well in advance of the 31st July deadline to avoid disappointment as we are expecting a rise in demand from current members. Our new 5 month payment plans are now available from as little as £25 per month.  Head to your personalised members dashboard for easy access to purchasing additional shares.

Can I still use my friends and family offer?

Yes, but hurry! 

Anyone you share your code with will need to redeem as soon as possible and in advance of the 31st July deadline to avoid disappointment. 

Still, haven’t used your friends and family offer? Simply head to your personalised members dashboard and follow the link. When someone signs up, using your unique code, we’ll credit you both £25 to your Ripple accounts once the wind farm is switched on.*

Visit my member dashboard

All the best,

Team Ripple

Ripple Team

Creative Works, 7 Blackhorse Lane, London,

Unsubscribe - Unsubscribe Preferences

*Terms and conditions apply - see our website for more details. Whoever you refer needs to purchase more than £250 of the wind farm for the referral payments to be applicable.   
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mojomal

Post by Mojomal »

I'm up for this, perhaps Joe Or Nowty could confirm a few concern's.
As you can see from my profile we have 7kW of solar PV and a Tesla battery.
We have no EV at the moment, I am semi retired service engineer in the soft drink trade and still need a decent long haul Diesel. I will not consider an EV until I finally hang up my tool box or I can drive from Kent to Glasgow in one hit, time is money for me and the customer and I can't be doing with stopping for a coffee then 10 minutes later stopping for a pee.
SHMBO drives a 7 year old Fiat 500 with 11,000 on the clock and only £30 a year tax so an EV for her doesn't at the moment make sense....
Our 1930's bungalow is not suitable for any type of heat pump without massive upgrades. It has the usual cavity wall insulation, double glazing and 30cm of loft insulation, but under floor heating for a heat pump would be difficult if not impossible. We have an oil fired Grant condensing central heating boiler, there is no gas where we live in the sticks.
Our solar PV last year produced just over 7500kWh. Obviously mostly in the summer months. Between the end October and the beginning of March we imported 769 kwh from the grid. According to the Tesla app the house used a little over 4000 kWh for the 12 months.
So my questions are do I purchase 120% of 769kW (is that my official limit) or 120% of 4000 kW? (what I can get away with) I fancy going for the 4000kW but I am not sure what happens when or if I get so much credit. How do they or do they refund credit and is there any tax to be paid on any credit? There might not be that much credit as hopefully Ill be able to set the Tesla to charge at night in the winter months on the Octopus GO tariff as we have just had a smart fitted this week.
Obviously in a few years time we may get an EV and the 120% of the 4000KW would probably suit us.
I am not in this for the money/profit but it must cover the cost and assist in the feel good factor
All the best.
Malcolm.
20 x 58 tube Solar Thermal Myenergi Eddie 200 l cylinder
3.9 kW solar PV SMA
3.1 kW solar PV Solar edge
Tesla Powerwall 2
1500W Craig Fatha
640W Kirk Hill
EV 83.9 kWh and Zappi
Clearview woodburner and chainsaw
Keeper of bees for 48 years
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Too much for me to process as A. Phone screen & B, beers. I personally went for 125% and lied up my use to get 4MWH PA output from the WT as im adjusting my drift on going to lower gas use and that will only increase (E use).. There will be more turbines to invest in as it's a good idea so I don't think it's a one shot scenario.

In saying that, 125% is a nice figure. :evil:

My understanding is that accumulated credit if any can be cashed out but I'm holding back until I've seen the model run in real time then i'll go in on WT 2,3 etc.

Regardless of that last, just for WT 1, this is a good thing to be in.
Last edited by Joeboy on Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

@Mojomal, this is a repeat from page one of this thread,

"Basically you can invest almost anything from a mere £25 to the amount that it would cost to generate up to 120% of your normal import of leccy. I think this is for tax reasons, because there is unlikely to be any tax to pay on the returns because you are paid via a monthly rebate on your energy bill directly proportional to the actual performance of the wind turbine. But from what I gather no evidence seems to be requested if you buy up to 6999kWh’s worth which is about £4,536."

So if you want to buy 4000kWh's worth which would be roughly £2,600 it wont be a problem.

It does not matter when you use your leccy, all in one month if you want and if you go on a long holiday, no problem, either as you can withdraw excess credit if you want to. Roughly only 1/3 of the rebate is classed as taxable "interest" as 2/3 of the rebate is classed as a return of capital for the first 20 years.

Several things have swung in our favour, leccy consumption is increasing, power price forecasts are increasing, inflation is increasing, the lifetime of the turbine is almost certainly understated, and its happening, no maybe's anymore.

Rebates are expected to be circa 4.5p / kWh, not what you use, but what your share of the wind turbine generates. So for example, Ripple say most folk will save 20% of their bill, a bit more if you buy 120%. But that is based on circa 18p / kWh but my average import cost on the Octopus "Go" is not much more than 5p / kWh, so I expect to save practically my entire bill. If it turns out to be more then I can either,

1) Request to withdraw excess credit.
2) Add my gas bill to Octopus and part pay that with the excess rebate.

I look forward to reducing my monthly direct debit to a nominal £1. :mrgreen:

Or even 1p. :lol:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Ownership now 95%, anyone on here? :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:45 am Ownership now 95%, anyone on here? :)
Now 96% ! :P
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3