Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
John_S

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by John_S »

The WT2 financial assumptions are very conservative. Wholesale price of 6.3 versus 6.5 for WT1 in its offer document.
It seems that they have not updated it for the last six months price rises.

To be honest, the whole offer document looks pretty amateurish:
Tax treatment - at least spell out the uncertainties and the ongoing discussions with HMRC.
No mention of the reason for the 7,000kWh. Is it tax or FCA or something else?
Very little on the effect of 'over investing' limiting one's opportunities for future projects. Why have a £100,000 per investor limit which is way out of line with the 7,000kWh. I am sure that there would be a demand to invest even if none of the income was tax free.
Personally, I think raising £23m is going to be a big ask.
I also get a warning that I may be required to produce evidence of electricity usage when the forecast generation from my watts goes over 7,000kWh not 8,400.
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:35 pm
Mojomal wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:17 pm I was just going to purchase some more watts and noticed on the Dashboard that my original 1st year wind farm savings for my 4,000 kWh has reduced to £212 from £380 (9.5p kWh down to 5.3p kWh). They made great hype back on the 14th January that the savings would increase to 9.5p kWh from 4.5p kWh. has anybody else noticed this. I have sent a message to Ripple questioning this and am waiting a reply, normally there is somebody online in the evenings to answer questions but not today. You would have thought that they would have announced this reduction especially today. Or could it be genuine mistake.
Malc.
Interested to hear the outcome Malc. I thought the contract for year 1 from Ripple wt1 was locked in with Octopus already?
but the savings are based on the wholesale price that Ripple expect to get, so maybe they have decided that 9.5p/kWhr for the forseeable future was over-optimistic? Or maybe, now that people have reserved for WT2, they have put more realistic longer-term prices back in?
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
nowty

Post by nowty »

Don't worry ripple have a few website issues at the moment because of the amalgamation of both windfarms as they are assuming a lower normal rebate in the future. My combined savings from both windfarms are showing less than I am getting from WT1 alone.

But I'm not worried in the slightest.

I also heard from another member who contacted ripple today that the WT1 connection date is 6th March, with a couple of days of post connection work before the actual export begins. So not long to wait now.

Also there has been some incorrect info from Octopus customer service saying to some customers you cannot have ripple and the Go tariff. :o
But Phil Steel (octopus smart tariff guy) has confirmed this evening on facebook that all tariffs are ok (except maybe the telsa powewall deal). Some confusion arose because the original deal of any tariff was between ripple and the subsidiary coop energy, not octopus energy itself. But he confirmed that this has been extended to Octopus Energy as you can imagine the backlash if you had to move to the standard tariffs.
16.9kW PV > 103MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Mojomal

Post by Mojomal »

I will let you know Ripples reply when they get back to me.

It's not all about the money, it's about Ripple being upfront and honest which I think (hope) they are but when I've convinced two very good friends to sign up to WT2, one buying 6000kWh and the other 5000kWh. Also this evening I was going to purchase another 2900kWh for ourselves and 3500kWh for my daughter who could really do with help with her energy bill's. She's single with a mortgage and works on an organic farm so is finding life hard at the moment.

SHMBO keeps reminding me that the first turbine is not in production yet and you are recommending and buying more shares for the next one, she's right I'm a bit didlo. But she said that when we installed our first 3.9kW PV system back in 2010, and touch wood its been a diamond.

I wish I had a bit more suitable roof space for more PV for the winter months.

Malc.
20 x 58 tube Solar Thermal Myenergi Eddie 200 l cylinder
3.9 kW solar PV SMA
3.1 kW solar PV Solar edge
Tesla Powerwall 2
1500W Craig Fatha
640W Kirk Hill
EV 83.9 kWh and Zappi
Clearview woodburner and chainsaw
Keeper of bees for 48 years
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Malc,
You are echoing with my own thoughts. In the end I went for it with WT2 too as I think it's a blinder of an idea.
I see Sarah's enthusiasm in the wee videos and I can forgive the non glossy nature of some of the communications and numbers.

I'd have liked it even better if WT1 energised Friday past but DNO's are known to move slow. I am keeping focussed on being a part of a new 8 WT co-op. You see them up their on the hill in a cluster and think 'how much is outputting there right now'?
Getting a chance to find out! :D
P.S my version of SWMBO has also commented in a similar 'supportive' fashion. :lol:
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Morning folks.

Have the Gremlins been banished from the site yet?

Also any news on curtailment details & other things pointed out by members here?

Yet to hit the button.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:04 am Morning folks.

Have the Gremlins been banished from the site yet?

Also any news on curtailment details & other things pointed out by members here?

Yet to hit the button.
I've stepped off the cliff anyway so say with impunity that taking a slightly longer view clears the mind of the static of website glitches, curtailment(who can say) etc and last of all, taxation. Hit the button Gus! :D :lol: :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

B'stard Joe.

Hmm, btw this gives us a head start when they start doling out "personal carbon allowances" for travel purposes 8-) ..you never know what's down the road.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:35 am B'stard Joe.

Hmm, btw this gives us a head start when they start doling out "personal carbon allowances" for travel purposes 8-) ..you never know what's down the road.
All kidding aside, I see it as an inheritance that i'll use for a bit and a way I can protect my grandkids when I'm gone. I don't actually have any grandkids yet but I do believe in the longer timeline when planning. From that viewpoint it's a lock in and the rest just static. Good and interesting static all the same. :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Just had another read of everything and compared WT1 with WT2 in the cold light of day. Everything is practically the same apart from the size.

The cost per annual yield is almost the same, I think slightly cheaper.

The P50 for yield is being used on WT2 as they have better data for the yield, WT1 was P75 but they only used met data.

The leccy price assumptions are very similar to the original figures of WT1.

The returns and payback years are also very similar to the original ones for WT1.

The tax issue is the same as in it does say you need to put it as interest in a tax return if applicable.

The 120% of your usage limit is the same.

The same request for evidence if going over 7000kWh yield per year.

The £100k max investment is the same.

The rules on selling out, dying, coop membership, etc are the same.

There is now a better choice of suppliers if you don't like Octopus and that will also apply to WT1 after the initial holding period.

So if folk are happy with how WT1 has gone, then its very much the same deal.
16.9kW PV > 103MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3