Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

A new members dashboard on Ripple. Update of 1st Week July for site works to commence. :)
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:50 pm Edit 04/06/21- I enjoyed running through the thought process again so much that I bought more. I am now with a little luck from the gods the proud owner of 6.2MWh of output from Garig Fatha. This will hopefully allow me to fully charge the EV In Winter as well as continue my adventures in non gas cooking and heating of the home in Winter. Regardless of how it all plays out on the output front I have positioned myself for a lower carbon future. :)
I completely get you mate, but I thought I would add this note in case your terminology confuses others who might not be quite up to speed with the project.

You have increased your ownership to circa 2.3kW of the 2,500kW wind turbine, (so roughly you own 1/1087 th of the wind turbine). With the luck from the gods its forecasted to generate on average 6.2MWh per annum and mostly weighted to the winter months.

I originally bought 2.5kW so I owned exactly 1/1000 th of it which seemed to satisfy my OCD, somehow I like things in whole numbers. Then like joeboy going through similar thought processes to move to more leccy and away from gas, I bought another 0.5kW to make it exactly 3kW but an uncomfortable 1/833 rd of it. My average annual forecasted generation from the wind turbine is now around 8MWh to add to my circa 10MWh of annual domestic solar generation.

On the new dashboard (probably like you) I have been awarded 3 out of the 4 available medals,

They also show the live UK generation mix from https://carbonintensity.org.uk which I thought was a nice touch.

My personal energy mix over the same time frame was 100% Solar and 0g/kWh,
in fact there was some grid export so mine was probably actually negative g/kWh :lol:
Last edited by nowty on Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15.2kW PV > 101MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I only looked at the dashboard on phone. Wait, there's medals? Yah dancer!!!!

I'll be having a drive past next Sat/Sun. I'll photo the ridge line. :)

Swmbo is slagging me saying I'm going South to see a turbine that isn't there..... I'm going for the cider! :)
Last edited by Joeboy on Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

If you partake in any Zummerzet scrumps Joe, wave when you go past 8-)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:13 pm If you partake in any Zummerzet scrumps Joe, wave when you go past 8-)
Scrumps shall be partaken as will Perry if i can find it. Lancaster, Worcester, Woolacombe then into Wales for an unknown length of time. Keeping the run all the way South for another time of later in the Year if we are still locked in. Ain't no hardship! :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Missing out on the Super Green medal, I shall let that thought curdle & fester for a while.... I may have overegged my needs to up my personal take.

Ah got it! Fibbing on whether or not I have solar panels is the difference tween 80% & 128% use cover. I guess I'll just leave that third medal in case they send the hunters after me. :shock: I like the first 300 investors medal, that's a nice wee touch.

Looking beyond, I look forward to turbine No2 and hopefully accessing that too. With luck there will a live output gauge on the dashboard once No1 is cranking. Would be nice to have that. One showing total and other personal and maybe cumulative figures as well?

Edit-sent the gauge idea into Ripple. Hope to see it soon. Hi res steam punk hopefully!
Last edited by Joeboy on Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

nowty wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:27 pm
Yes, my secret list from the old forum had 7 members who had admitted being part of it, well actually only 5 others as Joeboy and I are included in the 7. I wont mention the forum by name but it starts with how you get from A to B, and ends with the name of on old 1982 Sci Fi film starring Jeff Bridges who got stuck in a video game. :D
Bikeatron
Boatatron
Busatron
Caratron
Flyatron
Trainatron
Walkatron

Ok which one was it?
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

This reply from Ripple,

Joe
Thanks for getting in touch.
That's exactly what we're planning to show. We want people to be able to see how much their bit of the wind farm is generating in real time, with historic and forecast data available too.
If you buy a bit of wind farm 2 you'll be able to see a breakdown by project. Our UX designer has already begun work on it and the app that members will be able to access.
Your input is really helpful. If there's anything else you'd like to see please do let us know.
Best regards
Sarah
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:51 am This reply from Ripple,

Joe
Thanks for getting in touch.
That's exactly what we're planning to show. We want people to be able to see how much their bit of the wind farm is generating in real time, with historic and forecast data available too.
If you buy a bit of wind farm 2 you'll be able to see a breakdown by project. Our UX designer has already begun work on it and the app that members will be able to access.
Your input is really helpful. If there's anything else you'd like to see please do let us know.
Best regards
Sarah
I think in their last webinar they had pretty much confirmed they would be providing live data, and maybe a live webcam too. They were the two most requested functions on their APP.

Oooohhh and forecast data too, thats a new one ! :P

That should offset my depression on a crappy winters day with near nil solar generation, but if its blowing a gale ................... :twisted:
15.2kW PV > 101MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

It's gonna be great! I was quite touched at the attention to detail in the reply and that the effort was made to reply.

I hope that by Xmas I'll have the smart meter issue sorted, be on Go and have enough output from the WT to offset not only the battery stack charge but hopefully EV and maybe storage heaters a little as well. It will be a busy 4 hour window at casa de Joeboy. :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs