Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:18 pm I'm only going to update mine based on actual rebates. :ugeek:
Live a little.
Edit- I tried really hard to find an alternative to this, literally seconds of my life but just kept returning to the original. :D

A decent way to celebrate our 1st 1,000 reply post?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:28 pm
AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:47 pm Joeboy
I see you show a Ripple "total generated" on your signature... How do you get that?
I can only see today's output (relative to my share) and the predicted out-turn for the next 4 days.
A
None too tech, I do a daily count and keep an excel sheet. Quite surprising the daily fluctuations in the 4 days of forecast. I update the 4 days each morning so catch close to real? I'll update the sig every few weeks or so. :roll:
I used to do that with my solar thermal tubes, then dropped to monthly, but for the last few years I haven't even managed to log most of those readings! I think I have forgotten to reset the hour counter two years running now.
It just works without any thought or intervention: some days the water is too hot for skin contact already this year - and we're only just past the equinox.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:54 pm
Joeboy wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:28 pm
AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:47 pm Joeboy
I see you show a Ripple "total generated" on your signature... How do you get that?
I can only see today's output (relative to my share) and the predicted out-turn for the next 4 days.
A
None too tech, I do a daily count and keep an excel sheet. Quite surprising the daily fluctuations in the 4 days of forecast. I update the 4 days each morning so catch close to real? I'll update the sig every few weeks or so. :roll:
I used to do that with my solar thermal tubes, then dropped to monthly, but for the last few years I haven't even managed to log most of those readings! I think I have forgotten to reset the hour counter two years running now.
It just works without any thought or intervention: some days the water is too hot for skin contact already this year - and we're only just past the equinox.
A
I have went the same way with PV. At the moment, the WT ouput is the new and shiny. Off on hols next month so that will break the cycle. In saying that, nothing to stop me keeping a sheet and making that check a part of my morning tea on balcony routine!

A pal is currently agog at the free hot water at his new home. He's also bought into Ripple. :D
Are the solar thermal pretty much no maintenance?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:57 am Are the solar thermal pretty much no maintenance?
They have been brilliant. I have started another thread to put this discussion in a more easily found place...
https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... f=12&t=820
A
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I find the capricious nature of wind, its prediction and the output of WT1 to be a whole new thing to enjoy. Going on and including the current 4 day forecast which handily takes me up to 14 days output we will have made over a 1/3rd of a MWh in power and if the 9.5p valuation holds true then we'll have made nearly £35 in a fortnight. That'll do! :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Not sure if this is synchronicity at work or not... Inputting the latest 4 day forecast (up to April fools day) I have tipped over into the first 1% of investment returning to me.

There is variance in the four day prediction so I update each morning with my tea and have watched the kWh's rise and fall so with that said the Excel sheet is not going to be precisely precise. Yet its damn close. I thought some of you fellas in the purgatory of stand by for Kirkhill would like to see what's ahead for you? :D
P.S the money is based on the 9.5p per kWh, I am gobsmacked that 'I' have generated a clean 0.4MWh in essentially half a month.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Those figures look almost too good to be true, but thanks for doing them anyway - keep up the good work!

I am guessing that the same principles will apply to all the rest of us, so our financial return, i.e. your "proportion of investment repaid" will also apply, just to different totals.
A
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:06 am Those figures look almost too good to be true, but thanks for doing them anyway - keep up the good work!

I am guessing that the same principles will apply to all the rest of us, so our financial return, i.e. your "proportion of investment repaid" will also apply, just to different totals.
A
You're right, I lied, thanks for suggesting that, sheesh.... :o

To all others, enjoy! :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:36 am You're right, I lied, thanks for suggesting that. :o

I didn't mean that at all, just that it's a flying start almost too good to hope for. I am equally delighted to see my projected daily out-turn at or above my average consumption a good proportion of the time.
A
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:49 am
Joeboy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:36 am You're right, I lied, thanks for suggesting that. :o

I didn't mean that at all, just that it's a flying start almost too good to hope for. I am equally delighted to see my projected daily out-turn at or above my average consumption a good proportion of the time.
A
You will do well, at this rate of performance I think they have undershot on the projections during investment phase. I'll be posting a photo each month of the updated Excel sheet.

I am also vain enough to imagine that a few people will find their way here on the back off a search for Ripple chat/info. Hopefully we will help them along to an investment, who knows? Any suggestions even if just in the form of a sentence or colloquialism that we are not entirely above board is detrimental to us all? 🤔
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs