Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

I lowered my DD to the lowest it would accept which is £1. 8-)

I am hoping the credit I already have will last till WT2 starts, then £1 will be far too much. :twisted:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

So many people on the ripple owners page (wife looked) who by the sounds of it do not know what they've bought into, get the impression many thinks this covers their bill in its entirety, concerning. (folk buying 7000 watts)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

Seems to have closed for WT2 as now showing, "Reserve your spot for £25 for our next project". I think we know now that we don't need to reserve our spot unless they go back to a smaller project.

For Ripple to be successful, they really need multiple projects, going on in parallel but I fear they are a victim of their own success if most of us are over the 120% and have run out of excuses to buy more.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Hopefully they will address the financial return side of things for WT3. I for one will get whatever I can of it. :ugeek:
Any money made on WT3 will go into.other RE projects.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Looks like they went over the 5,000 investors for Kirkhill, an update to all coming today.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Ripples corner page banner stripe says "FULLY SOLD OUT" (presumably with their default buyer of choice to scoop up the remainder) ..you can always hope there are enough small people to fill the whole thing but that is unlikely.

But it starts now.

Doubtless, like you all, i'm chomping at the bit to see what the final small investor percentage was at midnight.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I thought it was interesting that they say
Pay £25 today to reserve enough of our next project to generate as much electricity as a typical household uses. You pay the remaining balance later once the project is open for share purchase. You are not committed to purchasing the amount you reserve now.
and
There is already big demand for our next project - reserve your spot to make sure you are involved!
No mention of your useage or how much you have already bought in to. Presumably they are limiting the per-person investment in line with Coop principles, but acknowledging that it is a straightforward investment now for some people (like many of us.)
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
TCA

Post by TCA »

Mr Gus wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:41 am Ripples corner page banner stripe says "FULLY SOLD OUT" (presumably with their default buyer of choice to scoop up the remainder) ..you can always hope there are enough small people to fill the whole thing but that is unlikely.

Doubtless, like you all, i'm chomping at the bit to see what the final small investor percentage was at midnight.
I'll be surprised if the whole project was more than 70% sold. The latest I heard was that any unsold power would be sold as a financial option under a separate PPA, so will be interested to hear if that's what actually happens. As mentioned by several posters already, it's virtually impossible to see how a 3rd project will sell based on the existing model.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

TCA.

Why not? the model as it currently stands is...

1. Small investors buy in
2. big investors buy the rest
3. rinse & repeat.

It is a new model to a country that is only now being offered this uptake.
It is a model that will duplicate around the world.
It is a model which will morph as it grows & gets more experience under its belt.

It is early days.

There is nothing that says you cannot lay money down for your kids as they grow & face their own bills once you have (if) you invest to the current limit of 120% within future projects.

The likely model will change so you can put in elsewhere (enabling green energy uptake elsewhere like a micro investment in the 1st second or 3rd world) ..bearing in mind energy links out in "friendly nations" will have to benefit the locals if we are to place a metric sh1t tonne of solar & a big old deep sea link, I can see small investors being onboard as things change within europe (energy hostage scenario) along the line of "build a spitfire" community funding in WW2
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
TCA

Post by TCA »

There's a limited amount of individual investors with thousands of pounds to spare for a wind farm investment and if you put a cap on those who do have funds and want to invest more than the cap, then it's limited even further. If Ripple are going to be reliant on co-investors, finance or other forms of investment then I'd question why they'd persist with the co-op setup. The reason appears to be so they don't have to offer their product as a financial investment and jump through the necessary hoops for that regulatory approval. I'm not sure that's a sustainable approach if they want to grow as they intend to.