Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:47 am For a new turbine it seems to have a lot of downtime, are they being paid to use it as a training vehicle or something!? ..or is it a local recently set up maintenance company learning on the job (type thing) ..I do wonder.
I have had similar thoughts and draw solace that they will be working through most of the installation gremlins before the main event in Autumn. I read somewhere that it has 9,000 parts? When we installed a work class rov system onboard a ship from new it would without fail be a full year before it was all worked through & long term reliable. I have no idea how astronauts climb onboard those bad boys....
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

I suspect there is a lot more maintenance initially, from tightening up bolts and electrical connections, plus tinkering with power factor settings to suit DNO. Even the way the blades feather may be altered to suit the conditions as it might have a running in period where it behaves less aggressively to strong wind.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Cheers, yes some context from ripple here would be good (allowing us to rein in ridiculous expectations & understand the machinations of these wee
beasts, it looks less complicated than a steam engine but those guys are proverbial tinkering grease monkey's & coaxers of the metal giants, sleek doesn't necessarily mean simple.

Ripple ought put an operation in year one essay (why's & wherefores) on the site for a box-fresh WT ..they are going to have more, so cover that early.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

At least we will all be more learned and have managed expectations when KH comes on line.

Moxi
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Moxi wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:37 am At least we will all be more learned and have managed expectations when KH comes on line.
Moxi
We will, but a big majority of the members won't have. I don't do social media, but I bet there will be twitterstorms, or whatever they are called.
Also I guess Ripple will be using different people for the work up there too, hopefully a well-established firm and not more newbies learning on the job - at our expense...
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

This forum is the extent of my social media :)

Twitterstorm sounds like is should be the dawn chorus on steroids ??

I presume Ripple will be acutely aware of the loss of production implications to their business model and as such I have no doubt that they will be seeking to established reliable contracts with reputable business'. Turning turbines keeps the cooperative shareholder happy and a happy base encourages others to join.

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Ripple Energy stuck this on Twitter,

After the unexpectedly low winds in July we are now just a tiny bit over the P75 estimate. (We've not included March as it was still being commissioned that month).
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

We're crowd funding soon
12/08/2022

As a Ripple member, we want you to be the first to know our latest company crowdfunding campaign is coming soon to Seedrs! You can get priority access to the campaign today.

Just like our wind farms, we as a business are crowdfunded too. Over 2500 people own shares in Ripple the company. Together, alongside members like you, we've been able to accelerate our growth and bring renewable energy ownership to more people than ever before.

Please don't confuse this with share offers for our ownership projects. The two are very different. This is a crowdfunding raise for Ripple Energy Ltd to help fund future business growth. It has no links to existing or future ownership of Ripple wind farms/solar park projects. If you are interested in powering your home/business with a piece of our next ownership project, news on our third project will be available soon.

You can find out more and gain priority access to the crowdfunding campaign by clicking on the link Here
Don't know if any other guys have received similar to above! But already having a few shares in Ripple I've followed thro with the priority access as I firmly believe in all they are seeking to achieve. I've really no idea if I'll ever obtain a ROI, but given how they battled thro covid etc to get their first turbine up and running then I'm seriously thinking about it. :D
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I see that on my dashboard too.
I wonder whether this is a parallel fundraising mechanism? Lots of us will be up to our "120%" but still willing to chip in. This way they can get finance - but with an as-yet unspecified return...
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

I believe it’s crowd funding to raise monies to develop the Ripple model. It’s stressed it’s not an investment/share option as with previous releases.