Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Excellent, the last photo is the exciting one for me. The rest seems like prep, that one looks like build!
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I received a reply from Ripple

The question..
"Can I buy gift vouchers to go towards my eventual wattage for "our" family account (the reservation is for our family home) & does that mean my wife & I can top up & try to reach out desired level piecemeal from the word go? ..if so that's great & also info that ought be out there for others to do the same.
Thanks for your time"

re the "gift cards"
Answer...

"You and your wife could buy gift vouchers at any time that the member of the coop can then use when they are buying their shares in the coop. Buying gift vouchers now doesn't reserve you those shares though - the vouchers are just a credit that the recipient can use"

So, if anyone wishes to do it piecemeal & early towards the initial 900 watts reservation & drip feed payment (cards bought in co-operative owners name) rather than a rush to scrape cash together with 4 days advance warning, this may influence a good few more people to buy in & space / accrue watts, obviously if things went belly up you are stuffed.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

I'm not one of your Magificent 7, or even dirty dozen, :mrgreen: but invested in Ripple early on. It's great to find a forum where support for it is so positive without the constant intervention from those who cannot, or simply will not, see the bigger picture!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Welcome onboard Young un, Have you got a Horse, our standards aren't too high? :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:30 pm I'm not one of your Magificent 7, or even dirty dozen, :mrgreen: but invested in Ripple early on. It's great to find a forum where support for it is so positive without the constant intervention from those who cannot, or simply will not, see the bigger picture!
The population has always had a large percentage of doom cryers and naysayers. My all time fave description of this state of mind is in a Terry Pratchett book where he describes it as the 'Crab Bucket' effect.

'Unseen Academicals' if you haven't read it. :D

I used to say this my mates offshore, especially the younger one's coming up through the ranks- 'You can reach out a hand to anyone, with that hand you can hold them down or raise them up, who are you'?

No idea where it came from but it crossed all cultures everywhere I worked. It might even be dare i say it, original?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:30 pm I'm not one of your Magificent 7, or even dirty dozen, :mrgreen: but invested in Ripple early on. It's great to find a forum where support for it is so positive without the constant intervention from those who cannot, or simply will not, see the bigger picture!
You are now, well its not the dirty dozen anymore, its now the bakers dozen or unlucky for some 13 out of 78 members so incredibly its still the same 16.7% of the membership.
16.9kW PV > 103MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I "think" my nice neighbours may be early stage pregnancy (we aren't going to jinx it by asking, ..could lso be lockdown tummy), thus the "seemingly dull" present will be a starter package of Ripple wind farm monies, ..might seem crackers as presents go, but I have no qualms, ..that & their electric will be going up with a first & likely single (sensibly) addition.

They recently shared a whole load of a foodie gift basket that has been given to them, I got a mass of soft cheese, blue, & some lovely haggis, which firms up my inclination to think that way.
Mind you ..hot banana chutney!?
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

The population has always had a large percentage of doom cryers and naysayers. My all time fave description of this state of mind is in a Terry Pratchett book where he describes it as the 'Crab Bucket' effect.
'Unseen Academicals' if you haven't read it. :D
I used to say this my mates offshore, especially the younger one's coming up through the ranks- 'You can reach out a hand to anyone, with that hand you can hold them down or raise them up, who are you'?
No idea where it came from but it crossed all cultures everywhere I worked. It might even be dare i say it, original?

Thanks for the welcome Joeboy and no, I'm not aware of any of the above.
Obviously I've led a very sheltered life in the last 3 score and ten years :D
Last edited by Adokforme on Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

You are now, well its not the dirty dozen anymore, its now the bakers dozen or unlucky for some 13 out of 78 members so incredibly its still the same 16.7% of the membership.

Great, thank you. Just hope it doesn't turn out to be unlucky thirteen. Better sign up some else quick! :D
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Off Topic.

Joe, I hope that you are aware a couple of kindle / google digital pratchett books are on sale cheaply ever month?

Whilst I have many, (inc a signed copy of the 5th elephant) it's nice to have digital to read anywhere(ish)
I do seem to remember him back in around 86 at the royal horticultural halls sitting at a table for a then still very new & not so known Discworld at a mostly empty table, ...I wish I had the balls to chat to him.

Great man, author, eternal child, sorely missed.

I "think" i've had a few beers in the same elbow space as Alan Moore (DR & Quinch, Swamp thing etc) a couple of times, but I don't like to invade someone's privacy, ..& he does have a rasputin-esque metal music type look that can kill. :lol:

(nor wanting to explain myself if it wasn't either)
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS