Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:06 am I think Octopus currently pay us (via Ripple) 9.63 p / kWhr under the contract set for a year, presumably from the start of generation...
I wonder what the next price will be? They have done pretty well out of it if they are selling it on for 22p.

My 12-month contract ends in October and I am expecting to pay a lot more than that for the next year - if a 1-year fix is still available. I guess they will put it up to at least the capped price, maybe even higher to allow for 3-monthly rises into the future (unless they hedge it for a year, but I would assume that they still have to pay over the odds to allow for further wholesale rises.)

Given that they only supply green electrons it is wrong that they are affected by the gas price.
Octopus actually pay something like 12p to us, but at least 2p goes to our Coop to fund the operating expenses. I renewed my import contract with Octopus 6 moths early last March to fix my prices through this winter and aligned my import contract to the WT1 power purchase agreement. I also avoided the steep hike in the standing charge.

I would expect the next PPA for WT1 to be in the region of 20p to 25p.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:24 pm I see that on my dashboard too.
I wonder whether this is a parallel fundraising mechanism? Lots of us will be up to our "120%" but still willing to chip in. This way they can get finance - but with an as-yet unspecified return...
A
Having had a quick look through the raise documentation I see the new shares are offered at £9.1each. In the previous round they were £5.65 so quite a jump in the relatively short time period since. For those who pay income tax they are also eligible for EIS.
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Just been on the Seedrs website to discover that Ripples new raise was 196% funded from 907 investors. Bit of a coincidence as that I believe is the very number who took part in Graig Fatha!
Got a bit higher subsequently, 198% funded.
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Adokforme wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:54 am Just been on the Seedrs website to discover that Ripples new raise was 196% funded from 907 investors. Bit of a coincidence as that I believe is the very number who took part in Graig Fatha!
Now showing 927 and 200%. I thought we would get early access but it looks like I've missed the boat. Other things like this that I have watched or put in to stopped accepting money at 100% e.g. https://www.triodoscrowdfunding.co.uk/investments where one now shows an extended target. I haven't seen that before.
What will they do with the extra? Maybe pay off a bank loan?
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
nowty

Post by nowty »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:21 am
Adokforme wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:54 am Just been on the Seedrs website to discover that Ripples new raise was 196% funded from 907 investors. Bit of a coincidence as that I believe is the very number who took part in Graig Fatha!
Now showing 927 and 200%. I thought we would get early access but it looks like I've missed the boat. Other things like this that I have watched or put in to stopped accepting money at 100% e.g. https://www.triodoscrowdfunding.co.uk/investments where one now shows an extended target. I haven't seen that before.
Ripple went past 100% last time they did their fund raising. What are they going to use it for ?, to simply keep operating, pay their staff and office rent, its a purely cash burn company with no chance of ever making a profit unless they scale up massively, with multiple large projects every year. They started with about 3 people, now they have about 15. So they are going to need £1m+ per year just to survive. However, they might get bought out by a bigger player who can put some serious cash behind them.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Yesterday was a nice surprise at WT1 and looks to continue today. 8-)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:52 am Yesterday was a nice surprise at WT1 and looks to continue today. 8-)
That's good news and hoping we get some serious wind over the winter to help with offsetting some of the huge price hikes. Last Dec/Jan we imported over 900kWh's each month, so perhaps £450 a time! Installed batteries since then but they will be of limited help in those dark months.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:45 am
Joeboy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:52 am Yesterday was a nice surprise at WT1 and looks to continue today. 8-)
That's good news and hoping we get some serious wind over the winter to help with offsetting some of the huge price hikes. Last Dec/Jan we imported over 900kWh's each month, so perhaps £450 a time! Installed batteries since then but they will be of limited help in those dark months.
I seem to remember aiming for house power to be mostly covered over Winter but none of the EV. Who knows where it will end up now! :o
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Now 250% funded. When they were around 150% Sarah stated they'd been blown away by the response. Not sure what she might exclaim now!
nowty

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:06 pm
Now 250% funded. When they were around 150% Sarah stated they'd been blown away by the response. Not sure what she might exclaim now!
Looks like Sarah is happy to offload as much of her equity as she can at the current offer price. Companies house currently shows her owning more than 75% of the equity.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... nt-control
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3