Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:40 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:27 pm Wt1 is picking up again nicely. Had a quick look at Turnberry, winds are due to peak there on Weds at over 34mph while Graig Fatha is topping out at 22mph on same day. Best get used to it eh? :twisted:
You do know the turbines are not there yet. :lol:
:lol: Really? Always see as much of the field as you can as early as you can... Even when it's literally a field with no turbines in it.. :ugeek:
Getting my brain ready for the multiple MWh's per month. :twisted:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:47 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:27 pm Wt1 is picking up again nicely. Had a quick look at Turnberry, winds are due to peak there on Weds at over 34mph while Graig Fatha is topping out at 22mph on same day. Best get used to it eh? :twisted:
:lol: Really? Always see as much of the field as you can as early as you can... Even when it's literally a field with no turbines in it.. :ugeek:
Your as bad as me with my virtual battery. Now you have a virtual windfarm, virtually time shifting power into 2024. :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:12 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:47 pm

Your as bad as me with my virtual battery. Now you have a virtual windfarm, virtually time shifting power into 2024. :mrgreen:
PMSL! :lol: :lol:
It won't be but today technically could be a 60kWh day. Multiply that by 30...
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
John_S

Post by John_S »

nowty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:37 pm Ripple have made a comment on a facebook group, I'm not sure what to make of it as I'm still almost 20% down on adding up the daily tally's. The sugestion seems to be it "might" be updated in a few days. :evil:

Linda Ripple
Group expert
Hi, hopefully I can shed some light on the matter. There are 2 things going on here. Firstly, as we want to get our members the info on savings as quickly throughout the month, (ie. on a daily basis), we use provisional information gathered from the telemetry data at the wind farm. On your charts you should see this generation labeled as estimated. What we perhaps could have made clearer is that this estimation will also apply to the savings too. The final month end bills savings are based on the actual meter generation. But there is a lag in the actual the metered generation coming through. At the end of each month, we provide a summary of the estimated savings and then when the metered generation comes through we change it over so members can see an accurate reflection. I apologise if this has been unclear. We chatted this afternoon as a management team as to how we can make this clearer on the charts. Therefore what you are looking at at the end of the month from us is the true generation and the true savings, and what you are viewing during the month is the best estimate possible for us to give you a point of view regularly. Secondly, at the end of the month, the metered generation can take a few days to update depending on where the month end lands relative to the weekdays/weekends. That is why you sometimes see your savings revised. But nothing has been "lost", just more accurately reflected. The differences can look more pronounced the larger your ownership share. For some members it is just pennies, but for some it can result in a few pounds difference. We want to ensure you can track your wind farm performance and savings speedily and regularly throughout the month, but also appreciate you want a clear understanding of what you are seeing. If there are any issues around your savings, or something still isn't adding up in your dashboard, do give us a shout and we can look at your individual case. We'll look into how we can make this clearer on the data charts. Hope that all makes sense.
Clear as mud.

Do daily figures get updated or just the month's total?

For July, August and September the Ripple saving got applied to my Octopus account on the 1st or if a weekend the next working day. Does that mean they had correct figures quickly then or have we been short changed any correction?

Perhaps a solution is to correct the daily figures as the month progresses and use a different colour for estimated and confirmed figures.

No wonder Ripple are not keen on adding a month to date figure in the dashboard. It would make the correction more obvious.

There is nothing wrong with estimates, it is just a matter of being transparent.

John
nowty

Post by nowty »

There was a second update to the month figures a couple of hours ago. So initially I was 30% down, then it updated mid morning to 18% down and now I am 14% down on the sum of the daily tally numbers.

I would have thought its simple enough to put a question mark for provisional and a green tick for final. I'll wait till the Octopus savings come in before I publish my monthly Capacity Factor graph.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

BOOM !

They have updated it, 805.4 kWh for me. :twisted:

Bank. :mrgreen:

Capacity Factor 36.1

EDIT - Sarah (CEO from Ripple) has said on their website that there were some data gaps across the month and data from the start of the weekend were initially missing from the official generation data. In future they will not publish the months total until it's all been gathered and verified.
Last edited by nowty on Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

From the WT1 AGM a graph was presented which showed the P50, P75 and P90 monthly predicted generation graphs. The P75 one was the one which the share offer was based upon. So I took that graph and converted it from monthly generation to monthly capacity factors taking into account the different number of days in each month. I sanity checked it by working out the average capacity factor from my P75 graph and tweaked it slightly to make an average capacity factor of 30.51 which matches the P75 average capacity factor.

I had previously used an average UK generic graph but from now on I will use this as I think it will be more accurate for the specific WT1 site. I have omitted March actuals, as we only had half a month.

As you can see, apart from the months of Jul, Aug and Sept it is running as or better than expected, and we look forward to the 5 best generation months of the year. :mrgreen:

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:17 pm From the WT1 AGM a graph was presented which showed the P50, P75 and P90 monthly predicted generation graphs. The P75 one was the one which the share offer was based upon. So I took that graph and converted it from monthly generation to monthly capacity factors taking into account the different number of days in each month. I sanity checked it by working out the average capacity factor from my P75 graph and tweaked it slightly to make an average capacity factor of 30.51 which matches the P75 average capacity factor.

I had previously used an average UK generic graph but from now on I will use this as I think it will be more accurate for the specific WT1 site. I have omitted March actuals, as we only had half a month.

As you can see, apart from the months of Jul, Aug and Sept it is running as or better than expected, and we look forward to the 5 best generation months of the year. :mrgreen:

Looking forward to 👀 the graph tomorrow when home. Just took a moment to bring the SH's, EV & HWT schedule into line with our requirements going forward. There is a synchronicity there, the rise of the (hopefully) 50kWh WT1 day just as we need it at 🏡 .
VB's, VWT's & VPB's, not a bad way to pass the time. Have you got a prediction for a PB month thru the upcoming Winter Nowty? :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

nowty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:43 pm BOOM !

Capacity Factor 36.1

EDIT - Sarah (CEO from Ripple) has said on their website that there were some data gaps across the month and data from the start of the weekend were initially missing from the official generation data. In future they will not publish the months total until it's all been gathered and verified.
I had added up the daily returns over the month and had it at £29.77 for the month end but the dashboard only showed £24.69, this later changed to £25.36 and this morning it is at £29.99, well pleased with that.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:44 am
nowty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:43 pm BOOM !

Capacity Factor 36.1

I had added up the daily returns over the month and had it at £29.77 for the month end but the dashboard only showed £24.69, this later changed to £25.36 and this morning it is at £29.99, well pleased with that.
I had £68 credit in Octopus yesterday. Billed this morning so down to £14 credit and £68 coming from October WT1 generation. I am very happy with that. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs