Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Adokforme

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Adokforme »

nowty wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:24 pm @robl

You can buy as much to generate 6999 kWh and no questions or evidence is required, my father is a low user and he's at about 300%.

7000 kWh or above and it triggers the dreaded "Evidence may be required",

If you have no evidence (which is normally a leccy bill), then excuses are acceptable like, I have an EV on order, or I am having a heatpump fitted next year.

The problem is if your already in projects 1 and 2 and you've already used those excuses, it get a bit harder. :twisted:

I was tempted with the hot tub in winter one but bottled it. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That should do the trick as I believe they easily consume as much as an EV. Not that I'd go to the extent of trying to prove it by installing one. :mrgreen:
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Adokforme wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:13 pm
nowty wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:24 pm @robl

You can buy as much to generate 6999 kWh and no questions or evidence is required, my father is a low user and he's at about 300%.

7000 kWh or above and it triggers the dreaded "Evidence may be required",

If you have no evidence (which is normally a leccy bill), then excuses are acceptable like, I have an EV on order, or I am having a heatpump fitted next year.

The problem is if your already in projects 1 and 2 and you've already used those excuses, it get a bit harder. :twisted:

I was tempted with the hot tub in winter one but bottled it. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That should do the trick as I believe they easily consume as much as an EV. Not that I'd go to the extent of trying to prove it by installing one. :mrgreen:
Tell me about it, our hot tub tripled our consumption over winter! :shock:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
John_S

Post by John_S »

robl wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:41 pm I'm interested in the next ripple turbine - but how much should I apply for? I'm not sure what my annual use is, should I just use their slider?
This sounds pathetic on this forum, but in my defence, we have been on a V2G trial until recently, and we don't have separate meters for our use versus the car using and dumping back into the grid, so the numbers below are mostly estimates.

Car drives 2MWh
Car imported another 3MWh, but then exported 2.2MWh, the rest was "lost" :-(
House "stuff" 4MWh, lots of home working, it used to be 3Mwh/year, but I expect more now :-(
Heating & DHW heatpump used 1.3MWh (accurate, has a meter on it, we have a lot of insulation)
Solar PV made 3.5MWh (accurate, has a meter on it)

I could perhaps say 2+4+1.3-3.5 = 4ish. I'd rather push the slider up to the right & go for max, what would happen ?
If you have two electricity bills with readings about a year apart, just go with the difference for your annual consumption. Actual readings would be best but, hey ho, if they used excessive estimates, just take the benefit. Don't worry about the V2G trial ending.

I was having an online chat with Ripple about something else and mentioned what would the position be if my consumption decreased because I was economising because of the cost. They told me that it would not matter as long as the original base was justified.

Having an EV is a great excuse. You just say you have cut back on your usage because of the cost.
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Just read an email from Ripple linking to a FT article which (when I got to it as it's behind a paywall) said
https://www.ft.com/content/b3907a59-256 ... c658406bb0

Domestic wind turbines are a nice idea, but cheap ones generate minimal power, expensive ones need planning permission, and both require, well, lots of wind. Another option: part-own a wind farm. Ripple lets you buy shares in a farm as a one-off payment that then secures you so many kWh per year. And because electricity generated comes to customers below the market rate, there are savings, which are deducted from your regular electricity bill. More renewable energy in any national system means better energy security, so you’re doing your bit for your country. But essentially it’s a source of clean, low-carbon electricity at a stable price, so it could be bought for kids flying the nest, or even passed on in a will.
Maybe I shouldn't have expected a FT journalist to be able to get it right, but your share doesn't "secure you so many kWh per year," it gets you your share of what the WT generates, and I'm not sure their description of how we get the money is accurate either!
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
nowty

Post by nowty »

Ripple have this morning announced on their community site with regards to Project 3,

"We are going to send an update email next week."
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:29 pm Ripple have this morning announced on their community site with regards to Project 3,

I anticipate a delayed announcement mail. No big deal. :)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:11 pm
nowty wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:29 pm Ripple have this morning announced on their community site with regards to Project 3,

"You can convert your reservation into ownership when the share offer opens early next year. "
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:17 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:11 pm

"You can convert your reservation into ownership when the share offer opens early next year. "
Thought about this earlier today. The share offer opening isn't quite the same as announcing the what and where of it. I continue to hope for a pre New Year announcement then begin the ponying up process in the New Year.... Hope springs etc! :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Ripple have said since the AGMs that they would announce the project before year end with the share opening in the new year.

I suspect they want the windfall tax consultation done first to ensure that 100GWh limit does not get reduced before they commit. And the outcome of the consultation may well feed into the share offer document.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Announcement delayed until 23 for Project 3

Project 3 update

12/12/2022
We know you’re keen to hear more about our next project. We had hoped to launch our third project this year, but we expect it’ll now be in early 2023. Wind farms and solar parks are complex projects worth tens of millions of pounds. Just like building them takes many months, so can securing the rights to purchase the development rights.

Whilst delays are not uncommon, they can be frustrating – for you as well as us. We’re not able to share more details on the projects at this stage due to commercial confidentiality. However, the co-op is already set up so we are ready to go as soon as the project is fully secured and we’ve completed the due diligence.

When we open the share offer we’ll publish the share offer document. It will set out all the details about the project, and the savings that might be achieved in different scenarios. We will let you know whether the next project will be a wind farm or a solar park as soon as we can in the new year. We would then expect the share offer to open a month or so after that. Thanks for your patience in the meantime
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs