Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Mr Gus

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Mr Gus »

I just like the idea of rolling investment & flogging the green energy to the grid with monies earned going towards more turbines, & an option to draw down some of the profit in terms of reduced cost electricity. (so ownership is ongoing, not based on when a turbine eventually karks it)

New Housing estates ought have this forced upon them to offset their blight within the landscape (flying pig) enough get away with foisting ever upward spiralling costs, so why not this? te government is paying dividends after all for energy investment so they may as well invest in community projects wih the aim of getting bigger.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

A nice Shrubbery wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:02 pm I just like the idea of rolling investment & flogging the green energy to the grid with monies earned going towards more turbines, & an option to draw down some of the profit in terms of reduced cost electricity. (so ownership is ongoing, not based on when a turbine eventually karks it)

New Housing estates ought have this forced upon them to offset their blight within the landscape (flying pig) enough get away with foisting ever upward spiralling costs, so why not this? te government is paying dividends after all for energy investment so they may as well invest in community projects wih the aim of getting bigger.
Absolutely, are u one of 'The Magnificent 7' or is it 8 now? :)
I find the balance of practical investment, green and being in something original massively appealing. Also a social benefit to the local residents. That's a nice thing too.
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

sadly no, not right now. but never say never.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

I found this picture on the report and accounts of one of my investments, I thought it was quite something as it gives you perspective as to how big these things are. And from comparing the length of the transit van at the bottom to the rest of the structure I reckon its slightly smaller than the Ripple Wind Turbine is going to be at Graig Fatha. :o

16.9kW PV > 103MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

We have a few crackers at Glens of Foudland. It's a strange anomaly of a place. Will see snow and be blocked or difficult on days when the sun shines everywhere else and the wind does fairly hurtle through... I keep meaning to walk up to one just to see it for real. They have grown at such a rate over the years it's hard to comprehend. Outstanding photo! Quite awe inspiring. I heard last week that there is P/P for another 4 maybe via Vattenfall to go in at Glens. Great spot for them. A shame we can't get in as direct investors as its private Swedish Govt company. Although there is the Corp bond option.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I'm in too now.
I like the idea of owning a bit of a turbine when (as a townie) there's no way it would make sense to try to do wind myself. Solar thermal or elec yes, but wind? No chance!
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Could count 37 turbines!Windy!

I'm pretty sure that these WT's are 'our' site. I'll know for sure once I get back to my big screen and do some google mapping, certainly they are closest to postcode for Graig Fatha farm. There is another site around a mile and a half away but those turbines are mahoosive, not to say that our sites are small. Very windy, nice area. Really liking the Welsh. Everyone does a double take when we speak but so friendly, beautiful part of the country. We are camped about 15 mile from graig Fatha. Holistic camping. £18 a night, huge field, couple of very clean portaloos. Will continue up towards Anglesey tomorrow for a farm stay.

I've got some panoramic shots and a couple of videos too. I'll post them when I get back home. Thanks for checking Merlin, must be a phone setting with me.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

For pure geekness I checked google maps when we returned home today and here are the co-ordinates of where the van was parked in the first picture and I was looking South. I reckon the turbines to the East in the picture are Graig Fatha. Could be the whole string? A nice wee place.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Co-op ... -3.4656938
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:51 pm For pure geekness I checked google maps when we returned home today and here are the co-ordinates of where the van was parked in the picture and I was looking South. I reckon the turbines to the left in the picture are Graig fatha.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Co-op ... -3.4656938
You could have just looked at the photo on the contractors website. :D

https://cleanearthenergy.com/tenacity-p ... plication/

From your location you gave (next to the Co-Op), the the turbine is going in the field I've marked in red.

From google streetview, I took this from just above Coedely, looking west south west. I think the google mapping must have been done before some of the nearest wind turbines were built as you would definitely see them as they are taller than the Pylons.

And the contractor has finished installing a 3.5MW one nearby, nearer the coast, so they know what they are doing. Its powering a local Budweiser brewery which will power 250 million pints a year, so even my beer drinking is now getting greener. :mrgreen:

https://cleanearthenergy.com/magor-wind-turbine-video/

16.9kW PV > 103MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Nah man, where's your sense of adventure? :roll:

Otherwise I wouldn't have had the chance to speak to the kids smoking weed in cars at 2 pm and ask them for directions, that took me back! Its a beautiful location and to see them all cranking away and just being there...(aye the turbines, not the kids). :lol: I now know where to go for my picnic beers next year (I guess it'll be Bud). It has been a few years since I last did a run far South and the difference in both wind and solar as seen from the motorways is very apparent.

We were very surprised as to the beauty of Wales, defo on the list of places to go again. :D

I can also now vouch for Rattler cider in North Devon. :o
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs