Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

We certainly learnt stuff that I had not known before, that is Vensys (turbine supplier) actually operate it. I have edited their reply to Joeboys comms to make it more concise and more sense from their two answers,

Monitoring and coordination of the maintenance of the turbine is the responsibility of Vensys. The service teams have been getting to site within 24 hours of an issue being identified. The turbine maintenance contract has warranted availability levels, and the turbine is within those levels. The contracted levels are within the general availability parameters for onshore turbines.

Please also note, Vensys monitor the turbine continuously. There are about 26 temperature sensors around the turbine, accelerometers and vibration sensors. All of that data helps Vensys make tweaks to the operation to ensure the turbine is kept running and identify many issues before they become critical enough to require a stoppage. In addition regular service visits are carried out without needing to turn the turbine off. So there is a pretty proactive maintenance regime carried out. It's just that Ripple ourselves don't do it - we leave it to the company that has installed over 65GW of turbines around the world and are the experts.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

nowty wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:06 pm In addition regular service visits are carried out without needing to turn the turbine off. So there is a pretty proactive maintenance regime carried out. It's just that Ripple ourselves don't do it - we leave it to the company that has installed over 65GW of turbines around the world and are the experts.[/i]
It's a pity the "experts" haven't yet learnt how not to f*** up the hydraulics when doing a service then...
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:10 pm
nowty wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:06 pm In addition regular service visits are carried out without needing to turn the turbine off. So there is a pretty proactive maintenance regime carried out. It's just that Ripple ourselves don't do it - we leave it to the company that has installed over 65GW of turbines around the world and are the experts.[/i]
It's a pity the "experts" haven't yet learnt how not to f*** up the hydraulics when doing a service then...
That's Johnny Wan Spanner again. Very keen, but not much common dog. Stands on hydraulic hose fittings to access the oil filters to change them out. Causes a micro leak on that fitting every time(maybe) :lol: :D

Maybe the hydraulic oil tank isn't fitted with a low level then a low low level switch pair tied back to Vensys comms. Who knows, surely though eh? 🤔 :twisted:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

I think they added some Slick 50 to the oil yesterday, its going nuts today. :lol:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:23 pm I think they added some Slick 50 to the oil yesterday, its going nuts today. :lol:
Aye that slick 50's something else. Good to see it outputting strongly.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:24 pm
nowty wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:23 pm I think they added some Slick 50 to the oil yesterday, its going nuts today. :lol:
Whatever it was it looks like GF is heading towards it's second highest daily output since install and raising the monthly CF from a very medocre 19.5% to a slightly less mediocre 22.5% while absolutely demolishing the previous best daily financial return into the bargain. :D
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:24 pm
Whatever it was it looks like GF is heading towards it's second highest daily output since install and raising the monthly CF from a very medocre 19.5% to a slightly less mediocre 22.5% while absolutely demolishing the previous best daily financial return into the bargain. :D
We arrived home yesterday afternoon with 7 miles range left on the EV. Plugged it in to catch the Last 90 minutes of the Octopus session then fortunately caught a 19.30 to 05.30hrs IO window. This means the EV has been charged for about seven quid but might have made £30 🤔. That is freaky to say the least, as is the spooling up of GF. The lesson as ever is position yourself well and remain flexible? I anticipate that I will be able to flood daughterly's new Octopus account for the Edinburgh pad with the excess from my Ripple investments.

Nice to make a new PB yesterday, a shame about the £50 loss in the previous days, ah well! :roll:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Was yesterday an all time generation PB on top of the obvious financial PB ?, I make it 95.4% yesterday on the provisional count.

I thought the previous best was around 94.7% on 12th Jan ?
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I have 99.27% down as a day PB. Although I don't have the date for it.

I have yesterday at 96%
Last edited by Joeboy on Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

nowty wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:16 am

Was yesterday an all time generation PB on top of the obvious financial PB ?, I make it 95.4% yesterday on the provisional count.

I thought the previous best was around 94.7% on 12th Jan ?
Quite right Nowty. Apologies in under forecasting the outcome last night, but it could have gone either way then and I didn't want to tempt fate by suggesting the alternative. Blissfully happy to wake up this morning and find the record had gone rather than the other way around. :D
I'm certainly not going to make any forecast upon todays outcome. :roll: