Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Woohoo! Could get used to this. 8-)

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:33 pm Woohoo! Could get used to this. 8-)

Enjoy it while it lasts! :D
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:56 pm

Oh I'm over the moon there's anything meaningful coming in generation wise. I more meant the grand... :D Apols for lack of clarity. Its a habit! :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:31 pm
Oh I'm over the moon there's anything meaningful coming in generation wise. I more meant the grand... :D Apols for lack of clarity. Its a habit! :lol:

So did I, doubt we'll get anything like 27P/kWh next time. Still £1K back on your investment in little over a year is great. :mrgreen:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:39 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:31 pm

So did I, doubt we'll get anything like 27P/kWh next time. Still £1K back on your investment in little over a year is great. :mrgreen:
See, yold ye I was thick! My expectations for 6 months from now (I think that is when they set the price for the next year) and maybe for KH too as they should both be priced around then is 17.5p per kWh based on entirely nothing at all.

Anyone else care to hazard a guess? The floor is yours.

OK not nothing, I am looking at Ukraine war and Russian gas embargo going on & on, along with Saudis throttling back of production to drive up price. Sad 😔 to even be writing this way but that's the reality of being a part of a genuine power generation co-op selling to a decent sized player. Arseholes influence your reality. I can't see any more of the board than that.

Caveat- Arseholes being defined as SA & Putin, not Greg or Sarah. :ugeek: :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Current year ahead price is around £103 / MWh, so just over 10p / kWh, take 2p off for operating costs and I reckon around 8p / kWh rebate next time.

China is experiencing weak demand due to global slowdown and its getting all the energy it wants at half price from Russia. Europe on target to hit 100% gas storage capacity by August.

https://zenergi.co.uk/market-watch/

KH might be a bit less as I think higher transmission charges.

Again same caveat, subject to uncle vlad.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:10 pm Current year ahead price is around £103 / MWh, so just over 10p / kWh, take 2p off for operating costs and I reckon around 8p / kWh rebate next time.

China is experiencing weak demand due to global slowdown and its getting all the energy it wants at half price from Russia. Europe on target to hit 100% gas storage capacity by August.

https://zenergi.co.uk/market-watch/

KH might be a bit less as I think higher transmission charges.

Again same caveat, subject to uncle vlad.
Here's to hoping you are incorrect Nowty. 🙂
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I'd just like to remind ourselves collectively, many of us here simply wanted (rightly or wrongly) from st elsewhere to fly a turbine, but were in disasterously bad locations, to be paid monies for the investment in an "nth" of a proper turbine should be seen as an unexpected bonus.

I would like to see the ability to "add a watt" bank to peoples accounts so they could simply drip drip watts (at an estimated price, not final delivered) so you could accrue something dedicated to a project of your choosing down the line ..with clear insight as to how much wattage ranged between both wind projects & now solar, it gives more data as to a "roundabouts" figure to be converted when it comes to fruition.

Quite simply I think the intermittency, shrouded by non information & then a short window, which gets inevitably extended is actually losing them a lot of small investors who suddenly have to get a wedge of cash ready at short notice, it would also help suss out the situation towards a simple buy a watt opportunity to enable low income folk to get on-board, akin to a "christmas club" as their first foot in the door renewables & electricity buy in.

To assist people on a massive scale (& take fossil fuel energy companies to task) you need micro investment & to test the waters offer it alongside a regular build, utilising someone like Martin Lewis MSE to get it across in a manner that gains trust, if that is the intention (whilst making money) I don't think ripple as a philanthropic company, more as one that has found a foothold to earn cash from, but it is very intermittent & struggles to raise cash through average man in the street subscription, the latest energy crisis ought be utilised as a marketing & sales tool, it isn't.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:07 am I'd just like to remind ourselves collectively, many of us here simply wanted (rightly or wrongly) from st elsewhere to fly a turbine, but were in disasterously bad locations, to be paid monies for the investment in an "nth" of a proper turbine should be seen as an unexpected bonus.

I would like to see the ability to "add a watt" bank to peoples accounts so they could simply drip drip watts (at an estimated price, not final delivered) so you could accrue something dedicated to a project of your choosing down the line ..with clear insight as to how much wattage ranged between both wind projects & now solar, it gives more data as to a "roundabouts" figure to be converted when it comes to fruition.

Quite simply I think the intermittency, shrouded by non information & then a short window, which gets inevitably extended is actually losing them a lot of small investors who suddenly have to get a wedge of cash ready at short notice, it would also help suss out the situation towards a simple buy a watt opportunity to enable low income folk to get on-board, akin to a "christmas club" as their first foot in the door renewables & electricity buy in.

To assist people on a massive scale (& take fossil fuel energy companies to task) you need micro investment & to test the waters offer it alongside a regular build, utilising someone like Martin Lewis MSE to get it across in a manner that gains trust, if that is the intention (whilst making money) I don't think ripple as a philanthropic company, more as one that has found a foothold to earn cash from, but it is very intermittent & struggles to raise cash through average man in the street subscription, the latest energy crisis ought be utilised as a marketing & sales tool, it isn't.
I like the Christmas club idea, suggest it to them? Saving now for Project 7 sounds good and opens it right up.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

It's a toned down version of the lottery bought at a corner shop type ticket, that's all joe, but obviously would provide a wedge of cash strengthening up ripples position year on year as to accountancy based cash flow..(I guess)

I don't rate their marketing dept whatsoever though.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more