Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
AE-NMidlands

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:48 pm
AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:56 am I have been thinking ahead about my Octopus fuel account payments (which are reduced by GF's output)... When it started up we received 9.63 pence a unit, then since March 2023 we have been getting 27p per unit. Do any of our soothsayers have suggestions of what it might be next spring? Obviously a lot less, or maybe not so much less, and subject to contract negotiations, but a ball-park figure?
Is it a given that KH will get the same contract price?
I did a search here as I thought ithese sorts of things had been covered, but I can't see it discussed...
A
I guessed 15p per kWh for GF next contract. That's my boundless optimism though. I think Nowty posted something from a prediction doc stating quite a bit lower.
Thanks. This year has been a bonanza, we'll have to get used to much smaller numbers again from the spring! At least KH will partially offset the reduction.
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:08 pm
Joeboy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:48 pm
AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:56 am I have been thinking ahead about my Octopus fuel account payments (which are reduced by GF's output)... When it started up we received 9.63 pence a unit, then since March 2023 we have been getting 27p per unit. Do any of our soothsayers have suggestions of what it might be next spring? Obviously a lot less, or maybe not so much less, and subject to contract negotiations, but a ball-park figure?
Is it a given that KH will get the same contract price?
I did a search here as I thought ithese sorts of things had been covered, but I can't see it discussed...
A
I guessed 15p per kWh for GF next contract. That's my boundless optimism though. I think Nowty posted something from a prediction doc stating quite a bit lower.
Thanks. This year has been a bonanza, we'll have to get used to much smaller numbers again from the spring! At least KH will partially offset the reduction.
Pretty much my thoughts too.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Being new to this am I right in thinking that, for the most part, the price we get paid per unit is relative to the wholesale unit cost (less overheads) so the net benefit is generally the same barring generalised fluctuations on spot pricing? Just trying to get my head around it a bit more now we are getting closer to going live.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:58 pm Being new to this am I right in thinking that, for the most part, the price we get paid per unit is relative to the wholesale unit cost (less overheads) so the net benefit is generally the same barring generalised fluctuations on spot pricing? Just trying to get my head around it a bit more now we are getting closer to going live.

Moxi
We make it up as we go along Moxi. If you are on IO then anything over 7.5p per kWh generation is great. You should get a decent jolt to your very own VB (Virtual Battery) at the start of May when you'll be paid for all generated from the switch on (hopefully Jan 24) until end April at the price agreed between Ripple & Octopus for your micro generation and thats likely to be sometime in March.

It might slide (start up date) and it's best to be sanguine as only so much influence can be exerted by Ripple on the dno for final connections and testing. Truly it is exciting stuff seeing it all come together. :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Moxi wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:58 pm Being new to this am I right in thinking that, for the most part, the price we get paid per unit is relative to the wholesale unit cost (less overheads) so the net benefit is generally the same barring generalised fluctuations on spot pricing? Just trying to get my head around it a bit more now we are getting closer to going live.
Moxi
The way I understand it is that Ripple agree a price per kWhr with Octopus for the year ahead, and then we get our share of the turbines' output after operating costs are deducted. I don't think spot pricing and fluctuations affect our returns at all, but Octopus' prices for selling it on are of interest to people on Agile tarriffs!
This year they settled at about the highest price for "futures," but come next April with a lower market/wholesale price I guess we shall get a much lower return for the year. However I did read something saying that gas prices would stay high even if they don't boost inflation by going up further, which might influence the wholesale price for electricity.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Welcome to the world T5!

Very pleased to share Turbine 5 was born over the weekend! The team worked incredibly hard during a good weather window and T5 was born around midday on the 5th!

This gets us one step closer to finishing the UK's largest consumer owned wind farm for all your proud wind farm owners ❤️
That's good to learn as not sure there will be much further progress until Saturday when another small window of opportunity opens.
No doubt Joeboy is better placed to advise us on this last point! :)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:06 pm
Welcome to the world T5!

Very pleased to share Turbine 5 was born over the weekend! The team worked incredibly hard during a good weather window and T5 was born around midday on the 5th!

This gets us one step closer to finishing the UK's largest consumer owned wind farm for all your proud wind farm owners ❤️
That's good to learn as not sure there will be much further progress until Saturday when another small window of opportunity opens.
No doubt Joeboy is better placed to advise us on this last point! :)
That's brilliant news, I just want see those bad boys fly! :twisted:

I think they've still got some decent build weather there for the next 5 days anyway, tomorrow is up at their lift limit though.🤞

O7/09/23 All gear onsite & T1 build started.

14/09/23 T1 up.(7 days)

15/09/23,crane moving to T2.

05/10/23 T2 up. (20 days)

06/10/23 crane moving to T3.

????? Crane breaks @ T3, back up crane brought in.

17/10/23 T7 up. (11 days)

?????? Crane repairs @ T3

25/10/23 T3 up. (8 days).

26/10/23 crane moving to T5

05/11/23 T5 up (10 days)

06/11/23 crane moving to T6 maybe? (Poor old T4).

07/11/23 T6 tower build started, maybe?

KH diehard club guesstimates for completion of last KH WT build.
03.50hrs 15/12/23 joeboy
09.00hrs 15/12/23 AGT
18.00 hrs 20/12/23 Nowty
23.59 hrs 24/12/23 AD
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Good to see the turbine background and right spinning.

https://www.facebook.com/10006419022350 ... 7S9Ucbxw6v
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Octobers payment is now in for GF and takes my VB back up to over 100%, and thats after withdrawing 100% in Sept. :)

November generation is matching baseline and forecast looks like maintaining that past mid month. Baseline in Nov is similar to the crazy generation spike in July. :twisted:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Not to be confused with owning shares in a wind or solar farm Ripple are seeking to raise further funds for expansion into Europe so an opportunity to purchase shares in Ripple itself. This is purely a speculative investment with no dividend returns, so not for the feint hearted, but I'll be aiming to join in to hopefully maintain my % share. :facepalm:

https://www.seedrs.com/ripple5/coming-soon