Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:09 am Sleet up here at the moment, the snow won't be far away. :winter:
Photo in from SWMBO at 10.57 reporting the same. Sun is out here in Edinburgh and the coffee is good. Just been for a steam & sauna. :whistle:

Got 140 miles to do tomorrow with 160 range on. As Elmer Fud would say "be werry werry careful". :D

Last edited by Joeboy on Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

The high cloud is starting to draw across the sky here now and the temperature is starting to fall. Nice while it lasted and I was able to get out and measure the porch roof to fit two of the 400 panels on it - so now I know they will fit I can work out the best way to fix them.

WBS will be lit in the next few hours but at present the stone work is still giving heat back and we are at 19 degrees.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Had a thought in shower the other night so asked the question.

'I am invested in projects 1 thru 3. I have an accepted verified 20,000kWh +20% ceiling. In the time since I started with Ripple I have been increasingly weaning myself off of gas. So much so that we are now completely gas free at our home. The other side of that coin is that our electricity use has increased. So much so that we will use in excess of 2,500 kWh this month only.

Can I submit my next bill as proof to increase my approved limit as I'd like to be involved in project 4 & 5 too?

Makes sense to me.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

I can't see a problem with that, in the first two ripple options there was a typical kWh/yr ceiling for consumption after which it was evidence based, you are now providing that evidence.

Even since I bought in to Kirkhill my electric consumption has increased and my bottled LPG has dropped. In my case the electrical power required has come from the local fusion reactor and as we slip in to winter my LPG consumption has returned to its winter norm.

But I can see a point in the future where I will have a A2A heat pump for my DHW needs and then I will need more electric in the winter months which I would also hope to offset against a future ripple option (preferably wind if anyone from Ripple is reading this PLEASE! :lol: )

Moxi
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:12 pm Had a thought in shower the other night so asked the question.

'I am invested in projects 1 thru 3. I have an accepted verified 20,000kWh +20% ceiling. In the time since I started with Ripple I have been increasingly weaning myself off of gas. So much so that we are now completely gas free at our home. The other side of that coin is that our electricity use has increased. So much so that we will use in excess of 2,500 kWh this month only.

Can I submit my next bill as proof to increase my approved limit as I'd like to be involved in project 4 & 5 too?

Makes sense to me.
Huge Congrat's on weaning yourself off of gas Joeboy, it's quite a leap of faith isn't it!
We're only in a 2 bed bungalow with consumption around half that of yours so probably much easier for us southerners to achieve. Like you, would like to take part in future projects but we're maxed out so decided to support Ripple in a minor way on their current raise.
I just love that they have communities at heart, for when it comes to energy generation and supply, it's so refreshing to be involved with such a company in these otherwise money grabbing times where the bottom line seemingly trumps all else, including the planet. :facepalm:
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:18 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:12 pm Had a thought in shower the other night so asked the question.

Makes sense to me.
Huge Congrat's on weaning yourself off of gas Joeboy, it's quite a leap of faith isn't it!
We're only in a 2 bed bungalow with consumption around half that of yours so probably much easier for us southerners to achieve. Like you, would like to take part in future projects but we're maxed out so decided to support Ripple in a minor way on their current raise.
I just love that they have communities at heart, for when it comes to energy generation and supply, it's so refreshing to be involved with such a company in these otherwise money grabbing times where the bottom line seemingly trumps all else, including the planet. :facepalm:
Thank you AD, it is an ongoing thang. I am (including today) steadily ramping up the SH daily charge times going on SWMBO direct comms. So far, so good, no gas.

Twas a tad nippy up here today with snow falling from Kirriemuir North travelling from Edinburgh. Not much more than upgraded Sleet to be honest. Although it had prettified the surrounding hills. Strangely I had the urge to go camping immediately but instead restacked the woodpile on return to home. :joker:

If I don't hear back from Ripple next day or so I'll adjust consumption and send the bill in as proof. Should be fine.

Being fully transparent, if we did not have the Ripple investments we'd not be doing the full 'no gas' adventure. While I don't want to invest directly in the company I am happy to invest in future projects 😊
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

nowty wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:48 am
Joeboy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:57 am Nowty, will you crack your first 1MWh single month WT generation? :D
My inherited increase was applied on the 10th Nov so I've missed out on the first third of the month but the mythical 1MWh still looks on the cards. If not it will almost certainly happen some time over the winter.
Now starting the final day of Nov, I'm up to 964 kWh on GF.

I need 36%+ capacity factor (CF) for the final day to make the mythical 1MWh and the forecast for the day is a CF of 50%. :twisted:

In virtual battery (VB) terms, that translates to 3.6 MWh worth on the cheapslot leccy at current rebate rate. :pot-stir:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Turbine 6 is up. 7 down, 1 to go! 👏

07/09/23 All gear onsite & T1 build started.

14/09/23 T1 up.(7 days)

15/09/23,crane moving to T2.

05/10/23 T2 up. (20 days)

06/10/23 crane moving to T3.

????? Crane breaks @ T3, back up crane brought in.

17/10/23 T7 up. (11 days)

?????? Crane repairs @ T3

25/10/23 T3 up. (8 days).

26/10/23 crane moving to T5

05/11/23 T5 up (10 days)

06/11/23 crane moving to T4

15/11/23 T4 up (9 days)

16/11/23 crane moving to T6?

30/11/23 T6 up (14 days)

01/12/23 crane moving to T8?

KH diehard club guesstimates for completion of last KH WT build.
03.50hrs 15/12/23 joeboy
09.00hrs 15/12/23 AGT
18.00 hrs 20/12/23 Nowty
23.59 hrs 24/12/23 AD
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Looks like Joeboy and AGT could be co favourites in the Guestimate Stakes, which is great, the sooner the better in my mind. :lol:
nowty

Post by nowty »

A perfect synergy today, KH windless for the remaining tower build and GF flat out.Image
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3