Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:59 pm Any guesses on the next big thing from Ripple?
They are tantalising us with a wind project. :twisted:

But I'm at 138% :evil:

https://fb.watch/qu-HVye0hZ/
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:40 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:59 pm Any guesses on the next big thing from Ripple?
They are tantalising us with a wind project. :twisted:

But I'm at 138% :evil:

https://fb.watch/qu-HVye0hZ/
Fortunately I have 2 smaller scale already inheriting accounts to cash bomb up to 7MWh. Beyond that its trading older investment or they get their S**t together.
19.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
pudding

Post by pudding »

Bingo!

Hi R,

Today we're announcing our 4th project. We wanted you to be the first to know it will be a wind farm. Not only that, but it's a BIG one. Once constructed it is set to be the UK's biggest people-owned renewable energy project. The location is still tightly under wraps whilst we go through the final stages of due diligence. We hope to bring you news of the share offer very soon.

As someone who has already reserved their spot, you are already at the front of the queue for this project once the share offer opens - and with many of you looking for a wind farm project, this is news you have been waiting for!

Reasons to get excited about big wind
This is true people-owned energy in action on a huge scale - and YOU are making it happen. We've successfully launched three projects to date: Graig Fatha's hard-working single turbine, Kirk Hill's enigmatic eight turbines, and the under-construction 100 acre Derril Water Solar Park. Now, it's time for another wind farm - and wow, is it going to be a big one!

With energy, size and scale is really important. Your large-scale wind farm will be a big win for you its owners, a big win for the climate, and a big win for green energy. A big project means we can:

• Bring more households into a single project than ever before.
Demand will be extremely high but we expect there to be enough room for thousands to join

• Lower the upfront cost for everyone
We expect the one off up front cost to be around £1,900 for a typical household to power all their electricity through this new wind farm project. Full cost estimates will be confirmed nearer the time, but you can head to our website now for an indicative estimate through our updated calculator

• Allow more businesses to join than ever before
Businesses big and small play a vital role in helping us get to net zero faster. A large project means more of them can join, yet still ensures thousands of individual owners can too

What happens now
We're putting the finishing touches on your share offer. We'll email again soon with details about the new project and when we expect to launch the share offer.

We had originally intended to launch a new solar park share offer last year. We still have more solar projects in our pipeline, but this new wind farm project represented the best opportunity to put in front of members at this time. So today, this wind farm has officially become our 4th Ripple project.
Whilst you wait to hear more, why not share the great news with others. Don't forget you can find your Refer a Friend code on your dashboard. If someone joins this project using your code, we'll give you a £25 credit and your friend a £25 credit on your first bill once the project goes live* - and there's no limit to how many people join using your code!

For now relax knowing you have reserved your place and join us in celebrating the good news.

We look forward to sharing more with you soon.

All the best,

Team Ripple
4kW array w/Fronius | 3.51kW & 3.28kW arrays w/Sunsynk 3.6kW hybrid | 6 x Pylon US3000C
8kW GSHP/MVHR/5kW A2A HP/ Ripple- KH & DW & P4 on the way :D
nowty

Post by nowty »

I forecast a large increase in offsite generation on the secret list in the near future. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

I have paid my £25 and I’m at 29% use :oO:

I think their info needs updating :hysteria:

Congratulations j, you've successfully reserved your place in Ripple's fourth project, our second solar park projects. It's a big leap forward on your green energy journey. And we're here to help you every step of the way.

Our first project, Graig Fatha Wind Farm, located in South Wales, was switched on in March 2022. It powers over 900 Ripple members with 100% clean, green electricity. Those members now receive their savings on their electricity bills every month for their share of the wind farm's generation. Our second project, Kirk Hill Wind Farm has over 5,600 members. The construction phase has now begun and the wind farm is due to be operational in the spring. Our third project with almost 10,000 members is our first shared solar park, Derril Water. It's the first solar park in Britain where the power and the ownership are truly shared. The share offer for this has recently closed and the construction phase has now begun.

We're really excited about what's to come with our fourth project. We'll let you know as soon as we announce details. This new shared solar park project will generate zero carbon electricity for you and protect you from rising electricity prices for decades to come.

What happens now?

There's nothing more you need to do for now. Relax whilst we finalise your share offer details. When we are ready to announce our next project, here's what will happen.

Step 1 - We'll open your exclusive access window. This is when you'll be able to convert your reservation into ownership ahead of the shares being offered to the wider public. We'll send you an email when the time comes

Step 2 - Decide how much you want to own: When the share offer period opens, you'll be able to go online and decide how much of Project 4 you want to own. With our easy-to-use calculator on our website, you'll be able to see how much you'll need to cover your home's electricity consumption and how much that will cost you

Step 3 - Purchase your Project 4 ownership: Once you know how much you wish to purchase, you can go ahead and convert your reservation into full ownership shares!

Need extra support or have any questions? The Ripple team are always on hand to help. All you need to do is head to the chat box function on our website. Or, you can get in touch at support@rippleenergy.com and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.

For now, log in to your Ripple dashboard and start chatting with thousands of other Ripple members in your Ripple community.
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
Krill

Post by Krill »

I've just paid the reserve but to be honest I'm hesitant because of the way HMRC is treating these payments.
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)
nowty

Post by nowty »

I looked at their on line calculator as it gives away the cost and windyness of P4 compared with GF and KH. The final costs might be slightly different but they have previously been very close.

Interesting it looks less windy than GF which initially makes me think its either West Country or East Anglia but then thats in England and we know there is very little happening there. Maybe another Welsh one further inland ?, I doubt its anywhere in Scotland.

I am re-copying an earlier post I did in April 23 and will add the latest info for P4.
https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... 056#p32056

Quick comparison of the 4 Ripple projects in terms of their generating ability vs their initial investment cost. Remember this is a guess based on their online calculator which they have definitely changed since the DW project.

The cost of 1 Watt on a single full payment basis,
GF - 173.23 pence
KH - 185.48 pence
DW - 107.58 pence
P4* - 172.60 pence

1 Watt will generate the following kWh in an average year based on the share offer projection.
GF - 2.67233 kWh
KH - 3.17320 kWh
DW - 0.98038 kWh
P4* - 2.45038 kWh

For the basic asset life, I'm going to take the length of the share capital repayment element which is 20 years for GF / KH / P4 and 33.3 years for DW. This is pessimistic as In reality they will probably go on for longer but may come with higher operating costs as the asset nears end of life.

1 Watt will generate over its basic asset lifetime,
GF - 53.45 kWh
KH - 63.46 kWh
DW - 32.65 kWh
P4* - 49.01 kWh

Cost of each kWh generated over its basic asset lifetime (based on capital cost, excludes operating expenses),
GF - 3.24 pence
KH - 2.92 pence
DW - 3.29 pence
P4* - 3.52 Pence

* Estimate based on the Ripple online calculator.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

:oO:
Enjoying the tantalising variance shown in Ripples single 👌 producing Wind Turbine.

Game on, eyes up. Where next?

19.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nowty

Post by nowty »

The Last Hurrah forecasted tomorrow at GF with the bonus leap year day. :mrgreen:

New times ahead but still should cover my cheap slot with a little over generation. :twisted:

The Octopus says, feck I forgot there is 29 days in Feb this year. :hysteria:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3