Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:40 am Hadyard Hill is seeing 8.2m/s wind speed today, lets hope all 8 KH turbines are spinning, I wonder when the dashboard will appear with some basic data, surely it wont be the end of the month ?

Moxi
Hey Moxi,

Good to see you! Jamie at Ripple put up a post the other day saying how he is still involved on site at KH and also in the data generation. I'd bet a few quid that it slips into July before there's daily personal data?

I am looking forward to seeing the Ripple VB figure through! Hopefully about 11th July? Fingers 🤞.
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Hi JB,

Thanks, I must have missed the Jamie post but I reckon you are right about the dashboard slipping :? Never mind the weather we are having lately should hopefully mean a better than expected first month output from KH to give us something positive.

As for me, I'm just testing my metal but feeling less fragile than previously.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:53 am Hi JB,

Thanks, I must have missed the Jamie post but I reckon you are right about the dashboard slipping :? Never mind the weather we are having lately should hopefully mean a better than expected first month output from KH to give us something positive.

As for me, I'm just testing my metal but feeling less fragile than previously.

Moxi
This is the message-
"We are working really hard on getting you visibility of output from the windfarm on your dashboards as soon as we can, however this is not straightforward. We've only recently been granted access to the data feeds from the turbine SCADA system and we need to look at it all very carefully to ensure we're displaying data which is accurate, and to ensure there are no security issues which could be exploited. These are important considerations and they do take time. To manage expectations, the first version of the Kirk Hill dashboard is likely to show site-wide production with some averaged values for certain parameters like wind speed and direction, to keep things simple and to get something out to you as quickly as we can. In future we hope to be able to show more detail, perhaps from each turbine. An API for members will follow later - this isn't such an urgent priority for us as it will be used by a much smaller percentage of members. Please bear with us, we know everyone is enthusiastic about seeing what your share of the wind farm is producing - I am too - but this is not a really straightforward process. I need to be involved in this process but it isn't my main role, and I have to focus on snagging works at the site, completing lots of safety paperwork, preparing the site for handover to the operational team, and ensuring that output from the windfarm is maximised to get you all the best savings possible. Thanks for your patience, I hope some of this background context is useful."

It's been a longtime coming! Nowty posted up this link as the WF closest to KH for remote monitoring (Hadyard Hill) until Ripple KH data goes live. .

https://renewables-map.robinhawkes.com/ ... 23/-4.7294
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

I see that we can expect some rudimentary dash board data from Ripple in late July, so I read that to be that we can expect a puka working dashboard by October which will be just in time for the turbine watching season to commence, that say Hadyard Hill is sat in 10.2m/s wind today so hopefully the KH* are all flat out on our behalf.

As a new WT owner I am very much looking forward to seeing how the turbines perform and getting acquainted with having a VB of my own :)

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:55 pm I see that we can expect some rudimentary dash board data from Ripple in late July, so I read that to be that we can expect a puka working dashboard by October which will be just in time for the turbine watching season to commence, that say Hadyard Hill is sat in 10.2m/s wind today so hopefully the KH* are all flat out on our behalf.

As a new WT owner I am very much looking forward to seeing how the turbines perform and getting acquainted with having a VB of my own :)

Moxi
AND, "We may be able to give you some site-wide generation data towards the end of June as an interim measure." :xx:

EDIT - Similar conditions at GF today too, for those who have both. :twisted:
Last edited by nowty on Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
16.9kW PV > 103MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Kirk Hill visit announced 2 hours ago for Saturday 10th August!

https://community.rippleenergy.com/
nowty

Post by nowty »

If anyone is good with API, the data for KH is already available apparently, but I am totally clueless with API.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Did anyone look at the latest coop committee mtg minutes for KH ?

It seems the application for a CFD for the bank funded portion (circa 30%) was rejected on application for some sort of non-qualification issue and ripple are appealing for it to go forward.

I note during the CFD webinair, the chief projects officer of ripple said that the cost of financing the borrowing would be more cost effective with it.

32:53 to 35:30 into the webinair, I've bookmarked the webinair link below to start there.

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3