Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Adokforme

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Adokforme »

Adokforme wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:40 pm Kirk Hill visit announced 2 hours ago for Saturday 10th August!

https://community.rippleenergy.com/
We've taken the plunge and booked the 2pm slot from Souters Inn. Be great to meet up with any others going, be it before, during or afterwards.
We've booked from Thurs to Sunday night inclusive at a hotel in Troon(didn't fancy Trumps Turnberry) so should have time to explore while there. :)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:41 pm
Adokforme wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:40 pm Kirk Hill visit announced 2 hours ago for Saturday 10th August!

We've taken the plunge and booked the 2pm slot from Souters Inn. Be great to meet up with any others going, be it before, during or afterwards.
We've booked from Thurs to Sunday night inclusive at a hotel in Troon(didn't fancy Trumps Turnberry) so should have time to explore while there. :)
Wish I could pal, intended to too. Will be away though. All the best, I hope it's a great day!
P.S if you are out and about, Try Nardini's in Largs for a great Italian ice cream. You are only about 90 minutes from Loch Lomond too and North of that some of the most beautiful roads and scenery in Scotland. Feel free to harpoon the RV's.

If you fancy a day out offshore beyond KH, there are regular car ferries run from Largs to Millport or Wemmys bay to Rothesay (Isle of Bute).
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:01 pm

Wish I could pal, intended to too. Will be away though. All the best, I hope it's a great day!
P.S if you are out and about, Try Nardini's in Largs for a great Italian ice cream. You are only about 90 minutes from Loch Lomond too and North of that some of the most beautiful roads and scenery in Scotland. Feel free to harpoon the RV's.

If you fancy a day out offshore beyond KH, there are regular car ferries run from Largs to Millport or Wemmys bay to Rothesay (Isle of Bute).
...and you can even do a lot of exploring around there without a car!
We stayed on Bute for a couple of days this spring (interesting train ride from Glasgow Central to the beautiful train/ferry station at Wemyss Bay) before going back to the mainland elsewhere in Scotland.
I suspect that I shan't be at KH on 10th Aug, although it would have been a nice trip!
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
ecogeorge

Post by ecogeorge »

Also hatching a plan to visit and maybe a 2/3 day holiday...... with Bute as part of.
Should all camelot members wear a badge ? so we can put a face to a name ??
George
1750w Vertical PV micro inverters
3800w almost horizontal/south
Aarrow Becton 7 Woodburner
Dream 3kw ASHP only connected to summer Pool.
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

There's the train ride up to Glasgow. Lots to do there. Well worth a subway run out to Hillhead and the whole West End thing.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AGT

Post by AGT »

Train to Dundee, V&A, the Discovery both 300 yards away if that’s of interest
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

AGT wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:16 am Train to Dundee, V&A, the Discovery both 300 yards away if that’s of interest
Dundee is a long way from Ayr! Discovery was good, V&A a bit of a disappointment apart from the exhibition about the postcard firm, however the City museum and art gallery was great - exactly what a city museum should be.
(We have promised ourselves a stay in Glasgow for our next short break as it's quite a few years since we were there, apart from changing trains.)
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:01 pm

Thanks Joeboy and all for helpful and welcome suggestions. Early thoughts are to travel up the East coast calling to see Falkirk Wheel then Grangemouth to visit Celtic Renewables on way up and come back down west coast finishing at Kirk Hill. So much to see and do, where to start!
Be good to meet up @ecogeorge, have you booked a visit time yet, only I believe there are very few left!
ecogeorge

Post by ecogeorge »

ooo dear ......... no tickets left :( how sad :(
Looks like a weekend in Wales instead .........
George
1750w Vertical PV micro inverters
3800w almost horizontal/south
Aarrow Becton 7 Woodburner
Dream 3kw ASHP only connected to summer Pool.
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

ecogeorge wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:11 pm ooo dear ......... no tickets left :( how sad :(
Looks like a weekend in Wales instead .........
George

The man, the legend! :D
I hope there's a video on the day, I'm sure there will be. I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been drone footage of the whole site operating in one shot? I might do it myself one day. Have to buy a drone first right enough.. :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs