Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:39 pm
nowty wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:01 pm
I've requested a small withdrawal. :twisted:
Is that because Fintray told you to buy more panels 😂

Moxi
Yes this £2.5k rebate will be going to buy more panels, probably either another RE Coop or re-powering my main roof. All income and bill savings are always re-invested into more renewable stuff here at Nowty Towers.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
djh

Post by djh »

nowty wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:45 pm
Moxi wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:39 pm
nowty wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:01 pm
I've requested a small withdrawal. :twisted:
Is that because Fintray told you to buy more panels 😂

Moxi
Yes this £2.5k rebate will be going to buy more panels, probably either another RE Coop or re-powering my main roof. All income and bill savings are always re-invested into more renewable stuff here at Nowty Towers.
FWIW, I got so fed up of Octopus not accounting for the Ripple payments properly that I switched my account to paying each month's balance in full, rather than the same amount each month. So now they don't get to keep my money at no interest until I bother to withdraw it!
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Couldn't resist taking the coast road up to John O'Groats testing out the TM3's range, given it was a 240 mile trip. Should have arrived with 55% in the battery but with me enjoying the open roads wonderful views and minimal traffic missed a turning so we ended up with 51% instead. :facepalm:
The consolation being that we had an Eagle make it's way just up ahead of us while getting back on track. The first either of us had seen in the wild.
Enjoyed our three or so hours while there with a cream tea, visiting the various craft outlets and local brewery for a quick half before our return. Aimed the Sat Nav to Inverness Supercharger based in a the multistory Rose CP(No additional fee if just charging) whereupon a spare 8% of battery revealed itself. Arrived back with 16 miles remaining. This probably aided by some slower moving traffic at times including spells behind a couple of tractors. On the run up the trips counter registered 192 Ws/mile, again probably aided by the slower pace by me having missed the turn!
The coast road is a really lovely run and generally conditions of the road surfaces were better than most down our way, although the village 20mph limits did seem very pedestrian when travelling through, not that others seemed to take much notice.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:25 pm Couldn't resist taking the coast road up to John O'Groats testing out the TM3's range, given it was a 240 mile trip.
Is this a new motor ?, I had you down for 40kWh of whatever you drove before.

Replacement or additional ? :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Just noticed via the facebook group that if you have signed up with EON as your supplier for KH your rebate will be 4.9p / kWh from the July payments, i.e. circa 50% more than with Octopus. I noticed Ripple put something out a short while ago that if the PPA with each supplier is signed up to at a different time, then the rates may be different.

From 1st Jan 2025 the PPA's will be resynced once again so should be similar but not guaranteed identical as each supplier can set their own terms for the the PPA.

I like the wording marginally higher, I don't call 53% higher marginal. :shock:

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Krill wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:15 pm Here's a scary thought for everyone.

Do you reckon nowty is rhe most prolific (residential) (ab)user of the Octopus ecosystem, or is there some actually worse?
Nope, although he might be the canniest, a one man leveling machine of local grid supply & demand. Nodal Nowty?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

nowty wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:28 pm Just noticed via the facebook group that if you have signed up with EON as your supplier for KH your rebate will be 4.9p / kWh from the July payments, i.e. circa 50% more than with Octopus. I noticed Ripple put something out a short while ago that if the PPA with each supplier is signed up to at a different time, then the rates may be different.

From 1st Jan 2025 the PPA's will be resynced once again so should be similar but not guaranteed identical as each supplier can set their own terms for the the PPA.

I like the wording marginally higher, I don't call 53% higher marginal. :shock:

Having been long term sufferer of their ahem “customer service” I can tell you that it’s little by way of compensation. I saw it last night and checked the app but still shows 3p so not sure if we have to manually pro rats for the year. They will have to level the field otherwise everyone will be swapping once a year to get the best rate - that said their other tariffs don’t come close to octopus for innovation so maybe not ?

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:32 am They will have to level the field otherwise everyone will be swapping once a year to get the best rate - that said their other tariffs don’t come close to octopus for innovation so maybe not ?

Moxi
I think (not 100% sure) going forward you will only have one option a year to change supplier.

Its quite difficult for the suppliers because they have had to sign up to a PPA which will give them a pro-rata amount of the windfarm which may change. So thats two uncertainties, one is the wind going to blow when we want it to and what is our pro rata amount of the windfarm when it does.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

nowty wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:50 pm
Adokforme wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:25 pm Couldn't resist taking the coast road up to John O'Groats testing out the TM3's range, given it was a 240 mile trip.
Is this a new motor ?, I had you down for 40kWh of whatever you drove before.

Replacement or additional ? :mrgreen:
Ooops! Guilty m'lud of withholding evidence it seems. Standard RWD TM3, 57 ish kWh battery purchased last June.
My only defence being that I'd intended it being a replacement, but held off making the decision in case Indra came good with their V2H unit offer. They did and I couldn't resist holding on to the Leaf as that was why we choose it in the first place. So apologies for overlooking the update.
Just reading up on Marts "The boy that cried PV Extension" I'm now wondering if I can do something similar here. We've 8.85 kWp PV capped by Inverter to 6 kWp and now learned we can actually export at 12 kW's, but wouldn't know how or whether it would make financial sense to do so? SSE roof full so only NNW available for additions and possibly 3 panels on SSE shed roof? :surrender:
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:31 am
Krill wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:15 pm Here's a scary thought for everyone.

Do you reckon nowty is rhe most prolific (residential) (ab)user of the Octopus ecosystem, or is there some actually worse?
Nope, although he might be the canniest, a one man leveling machine of local grid supply & demand. Nodal Nowty?

Nowty Towers is fully compliant to the relevant Octopus rules on export. :mrgreen:

This song is played very loud during a saving session. :twisted:

This I don't do. :lol:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3