Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Tinbum

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Tinbum »

At least they have just stopped throttling it. 15894kW output. Edit now 18026kW (nearly at max capacity. :D :D)
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
ecogeorge

Post by ecogeorge »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:02 pm
Tinbum wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:52 pm To be honest I'm really disappointed with my Kirk Hill involvement so far. I'm hoping its going to really improve.
It IS hard to be enthused at 3.2p. :oops:
Afraid i have to agree ....... investment would have put a lot of solar on my house..........but i guess being positive i can still do that one day.
1750w Vertical PV micro inverters
3800w almost horizontal/south
Aarrow Becton 7 Woodburner
Dream 3kw ASHP only connected to summer Pool.
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Looks like KH is dropping back again now just as the wind is rising here in NW Wales, 50mph ish at the minute with 60ish around 3am till 7am, I took a couple of the small panels down at tea time and popped them in the bunker - it’s going to be a loonnnggggg winter seeing as it started in August :o

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

97.4% CF @ KH the noo! :shock:

97.24% @ GF

Let's hope market conditions don't leave us pumped (again)for KH's next price review! :lol:
I'll be over 60kWh generated at KH today for under £2 earned, woohoo!. :oops:

Can't really complain though as I'm charging stack now at a bit over double the KH paid price and I'll sell it back at yep a bit over double again through the day. Weird really 🤔
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Hopefully they will get a notably better price but I guess we will have to wait and see. We survived the 60’s this morning although the puppy was woken early (5:30) by the gusts and wanted to go out for the loo - changed his mind at the door and had to be picked up and carried outside :lol:

A Quick Look around confirmed no slates lost and nothing missing around the patch and my bins are sat happy in their bombproof shelter as is the panel over them.

I do confess that I nipped out at tea time with my new Enhell impact driver and gave all the M10’s a quick tightening- wowsers is that thing a game changer when working with mechanical fastenings! I can see my next projects being built a lot faster and easier than the past ones.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:21 am Hopefully they will get a notably better price but I guess we will have to wait and see. We survived the 60’s this morning although the puppy was woken early (5:30) by the gusts and wanted to go out for the loo - changed his mind at the door and had to be picked up and carried outside :lol:

A Quick Look around confirmed no slates lost and nothing missing around the patch and my bins are sat happy in their bombproof shelter as is the panel over them.

I do confess that I nipped out at tea time with my new Enhell impact driver and gave all the M10’s a quick tightening- wowsers is that thing a game changer when working with mechanical fastenings! I can see my next projects being built a lot faster and easier than the past ones.

Moxi
We had a couple of impact drivers knocking about offshore, handy bit of kit with no airline to drag about. I'll keep a look out on Amazon to add to the einhell stable.

I seem to remember seeing some stuff up on the Ripple community page about the new rate month having changed unannounced by Ripple to Jan 25 (New years day). I didn't look into it as I couldn't be bothered at the time and tbh still can't. :lol:

Hopefully up around 5.5p per kWh then? :oO:

A couple of P on the payment rate makes a big difference.

Aug GF

Aug KH

Glad to hear the bins are surviving as is the panel. Gabeons, a good bit of multipurpose lateral thinking.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

I can thoroughly recommend an impact driver if people are routinely dealing with reticent nuts and bolts or driving long screws its effortless, I wasn't really looking but a casual flick through the Amazon pages to see what was out there got me looking at nice TP-CI Brushless and the bare unit (no battery) was (still is) sub seventy quid for 180Nm of torque. I was ready to buy but thought I would look a bit further just in case and I dropped on an Einhell IMPAXXO model with 230Nm as an open box but new offer instead. Really well built.

I'm currently suffering with EON so I am one of the fortunate who is getting a bit of a better return on KH but I reckon at the next price review the baseline for everyone will rise a bit (maybe level up to the EON rate ? or better ??) as the forecast winter wholesale rates are set to increase.

I noticed that the wind turbine graphic on the ripple app had lost its blades again :lol: lets hope that isn't a portent of future woes.

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Year ahead wholesale leccy prices are consistently close to 9p now up from their low of 6p earlier in the year. I would expect 6p or 7p rebate at the next review which would bring it closer to the IOG cheapslot price. The curve ball might be the cost and capital repayment of the borrowing element which might increase the operating expenses of both KH and DW. Interest rates are not forecast to drop much and say a 20 year capital repayment of KH is 5% a year even before you add on the loan interest.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Just added yesterdays GF generation in to find it's now at 30% CF for the first time this month with Kirk Hill already sitting at 33%. :)
nowty

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:46 pm Just added yesterdays GF generation in to find it's now at 30% CF for the first time this month with Kirk Hill already sitting at 33%. :)
Looking very likely for both wind farms to end the month comfortably above the August baseline's. :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3