Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Inskip75

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Inskip75 »

Somewhere in my mind seem to recall a suggestion that Ripple could buy the cable faster than the DNO to overcome any delay - but might be dreaming :lol:
5.6kW PV
0.8kW WT1 and 1.2kW WT2
9.6kWh batteries
3.5kW+2.5kW ASHP
Zappi
Seat Mii Electric
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:08 pm Ditto, must be the practical scot in us.
If that were to be the case of re-allocating cable stock, I imagine Ripple would have a case for "lost production" claims surely?

Can the DNO be that inept as not to have stock for govt emergencies, floating stock & other logistical supply to keep on top of their bread & butter, esp in winter fuel panic times (most winters recently).
I don't get it at all. Get involved with a govt agency or utility company and it all seems to just sslllooowwwww dooowwwnnnnn. When I was a Lad and newly offshore i quickly realised that the worst thing that could happen (apart from being killed or maimed of course) was that you'd be NRB'd (Not Required Back). Hits ye right in the pocket and there is of course the shame of not being able to cut the mustard and the peer group knows it. These DNO types need a bit of that for sure?
As I climbed the ranks and the pressure built I was quickly made to realise that minutes matter. On a 500,000 euro per day vessel its 20,833 euro per hour of downtime. A single minute is worth 347 euro.
It most certainly tightens the focus and that Welsh WT would have been hooked in and outputting within 48 hours of tests completed. In fact we could lay cable and perform a shoreside pull and shoreside connection on about 6 WT's before these tits have even placed the order for the cable. DNO's eh? Jeezo whit can ye dae... :roll: Sorry...rant over.

I've sent my mail, heard nothing back right enough.
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Hot off the press...

Me
Hi Louis, After the stellar works to get the WT in place (congrats on that BTW). What is causing this horrible delay until late Feb 22 for the WT to be outputting? That is a shocking delay that isnt on you guys is it? As far as me & my mates can see, you guys broke every deadline you placed in front of yourselves and neatly worked around some hardcore logistics. This delay to feb is completetly out of character?

Louis
There is currently a small delay due needing wait a few days due to inclement conditions at the site to install the blades and this in turn has caused a delay with national grid in the connection process.

Me
Until February?

Louis
As the turbine is now built up, we are now working hard on the connection side of things to the grid and hope to have this completed by the middle-end of January at the earliest, end of February the latest. We do apologise for this delay and any inconvenience it may have caused

Me
If that is the case and I understand that at this time of year ops can slip due to weather/holidays etc then the scale shown on my account should not say Dec 21 WT operational. Because it won't be? Honesty and transparency in all things has been you guys way so far and I genuinely appreciate it. You need to get someone to kick the DNO's backside and now not after Xmas. I'll pass the info along to my mates as they are all investors in WT1. There are around 15 of us. Even if the news isn't great we appreciate the news and transparency. Thank you.!

Fingers crossed for mid/end Jan then and hopefully Inskip75 is right.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Inskip75 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:34 pm Somewhere in my mind seem to recall a suggestion that Ripple could buy the cable faster than the DNO to overcome any delay - but might be dreaming :lol:
You weren't dreaming, It was one of the project risks from the AGM, 18 to 20 mins in.

16.9kW PV > 104MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:42 pm
Inskip75 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:34 pm Somewhere in my mind seem to recall a suggestion that Ripple could buy the cable faster than the DNO to overcome any delay - but might be dreaming :lol:
You weren't dreaming, It was one of the project risks from the AGM, 18 to 20 mins in.

I hope they manage to move it along. It will look better for them with regard to WT2 as well.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Joe, did you copy your email into the Welsh Government ? They have a big stake in this in terms of credibility/green credentials.

Be quite happy to provide my email to undersign it.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:43 pm Joe, did you copy your email into the Welsh Government ? They have a big stake in this in terms of credibility/green credentials.

Be quite happy to provide my email to undersign it.
I can't do that as I don't know the full story. :roll:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Fair do’s
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:01 pm Hot off the press...

Me
Hi Louis, After the stellar works to get the WT in place (congrats on that BTW). What is causing this horrible delay until late Feb 22 for the WT to be outputting? That is a shocking delay that isnt on you guys is it? As far as me & my mates can see, you guys broke every deadline you placed in front of yourselves and neatly worked around some hardcore logistics. This delay to feb is completetly out of character?

Louis
There is currently a small delay due needing wait a few days due to inclement conditions at the site to install the blades and this in turn has caused a delay with national grid in the connection process.

Me
Until February?

Louis
As the turbine is now built up, we are now working hard on the connection side of things to the grid and hope to have this completed by the middle-end of January at the earliest, end of February the latest. We do apologise for this delay and any inconvenience it may have caused

Me
If that is the case and I understand that at this time of year ops can slip due to weather/holidays etc then the scale shown on my account should not say Dec 21 WT operational. Because it won't be? Honesty and transparency in all things has been you guys way so far and I genuinely appreciate it. You need to get someone to kick the DNO's backside and now not after Xmas. I'll pass the info along to my mates as they are all investors in WT1. There are around 15 of us. Even if the news isn't great we appreciate the news and transparency. Thank you.!

Hmmm JB. I think I understand your enthusiasm and wish to keep the pot boiling so to speak but, having been onboard with with this project for two years now, another month or two isn't going to concern me. I'm just keeping fingers crossed it all comes together in the end and at whatever date that might be.
The Team at Ripple have had to endure all sorts to get this far and I trust them to see it through to a successful conclusion. Afraid I cannot be considered one of your fifteen mates if similar communications are repeated.
If you wih to speak on my behalf in future then please do me the courtesy of seeking my permission first.

Just saying. :)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:51 pm
Joeboy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:01 pm Hot off the press...

Me

Louis

Me
Until February?

Louis

Me

Hmmm JB. I think I understand your enthusiasm and wish to keep the pot boiling so to speak but, having been onboard with with this project for two years now, another month or two isn't going to concern me. I'm just keeping fingers crossed it all comes together in the end and at whatever date that might be.
The Team at Ripple have had to endure all sorts to get this far and I trust them to see it through to a successful conclusion. Afraid I cannot be considered one of your fifteen mates if similar communications are repeated.
If you wih to speak on my behalf in future then please do me the courtesy of seeking my permission first.

Just saying. :)
Heard loud and clear. Appreciate the honesty too. Will keep future communication singular and not assume we are all on the same page. Apols if I've stepped on anybody else's toes too. Not the intention at all.I simply thought that the number 15 added some weight. I'm away to stand in the corner for the evening. If that's not enough I'll also get the first round up at the Spring picnic for my mates.... 8-)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs