Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:55 pm
Joeboy wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:07 pm In addition as its oil company dividend season (boo hiss) and I continue to divest my holdings I am in a position where both BP & Shell are paying for my investment in Wind Turbine 2. That is hugely satisfying if morally slightly sketchy. :twisted:
Boo Hiss indeed, :evil:
I today received a nice quarterly £700 tax free dividend from Gresham House Energy Storage Fund (GRID). :mrgreen:
Yeah, I got that too. 😎
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 15MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:45 pm
nowty wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:55 pm
Joeboy wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:07 pm In addition as its oil company dividend season (boo hiss) and I continue to divest my holdings I am in a position where both BP & Shell are paying for my investment in Wind Turbine 2. That is hugely satisfying if morally slightly sketchy. :twisted:
Boo Hiss indeed, :evil:
I today received a nice quarterly £700 tax free dividend from Gresham House Energy Storage Fund (GRID). :mrgreen:
Yeah, I got that too. 😎
Ditto. But not £700! :o Sorry, a bit off topic, on the other hand wouldn't it be great to have a giant batt nearby to store energy in while we wait to be connected to the grid. Back on topic, perhaps? :roll:
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:29 pm
on the other hand wouldn't it be great to have a giant batt nearby to store energy in while we wait to be connected to the grid. Back on topic, perhaps? :roll:
That is a smashing idea, i'm gonna look into that! :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I noticed that the timeathon on members area now says Feb 22 for outputting. Just around the corner!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

In from Ripple, personally I'd have vetoed the last line! :D
Great to read about first sniff of WT3. Also eager to find out more on WT2 in Jan 22. I am lined up and ready to rock. Must remember to leave some space for WT3 too.

'We wanted to take some time to celebrate what an incredible year 2021 has been for Ripple and our amazing community of members. Although this year proved challenging in so many ways, we made huge strides towards our mission to make renewable energy more accessible for all. Here are some of our favourite highlights:

We built Graig Fatha! Our first wind farm sold out in the summer and this month we completed its construction 3,000 people joined us. Our community of members is rapidly growingOur second wind farm opened for reservations. Our much larger, multi-turbine wind farm located in Scotland has seen huge demand alreadyWe held our first member AGM and welcomed 2 new directors coming from within the Graig Fatha community itselfWe raised almost £1M on Seedrs! Ripple as a business itself is crowdfunded. We achieved a phenomenal investment raise back in September to help Team Ripple grow, serve our members better and expand even faster  We joined an offshore wind consortium, NextGen, the first steps towards bringing community ownership to future large-scale offshore wind projectsYou left us over 100 positive reviews on Trust Pilot. We're rated 4.7 out of 5 stars which helps us spread our message to more customers that ever before We won 3 awards recognising the work we do: Inspiring Coop of the Year 2021, Start Up of the Year 2021 at the Wind Investment awards and Sarah won Entrepreneur of the Year at The Business Green Leaders awards 2021

Here's to an exciting 2022!

A taste of what's to come in the first new months of 2022...

Graig Fatha will be switched on! There has been no let up in activity to ensure the turbine is switched on quickly. We want our Graig Fatha members to begin enjoying their green electricity and see their bill savings as soon as possible. The grid company's latest estimate continues to be late February for us to begin exporting powerOur second wind farm will open for membership! In January, we'll close reservations, then open it for full membership. We can't wait to bring you news on its location and who will be joining us as new supply partners Planning for wind farm 3 will get underway! We have begun exploring options for our third project. We're hoping to bring you more news soon!  

With the switch on of our first wind farm very close and news on our future projects to come, it promises to be another incredible year for Ripple and our members. Without you, none of what we do would be possible. For now, we wish everyone in our community a happy, safe and healthy Christmas, New Year and festive season. We can't wait to start 2022 with a bang!'
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:25 pm In from Ripple, personally I'd have vetoed the last line! :D

We can't wait to start 2022 with a bang!'
Lets hope the DC side has its polarity wired up correctly, or else, ;)

16.9kW PV > 106MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:38 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:25 pm In from Ripple, personally I'd have vetoed the last line! :D

We can't wait to start 2022 with a bang!'
Lets hope the DC side has its polarity wired up correctly, or else, ;)

:lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joking aside from what I have read most wind turbine fires have occurred in the older gearbox driven designs and ours is a more modern direct drive design so we should be OK. :mrgreen:

Still, I'm not sure I would want to be the guy or gal who pulls the final connection switch. :?
16.9kW PV > 106MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:39 pm Joking aside from what I have read most wind turbine fires have occurred in the older gearbox driven designs and ours is a more modern direct drive design so we should be OK. :mrgreen:

Still, I'm not sure I would want to be the guy or gal who pulls the final connection switch. :?
It's the shinning up the mast to remove the blade anchor ropes I wouldn't fancy.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

nowty wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:40 pm
Inskip75 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:28 pm
nowty wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:07 pm If you buy less than 7000 kWh's worth, there is no evidence required on your actual usage. The limit was a Financial Services Authority (FSA) requirement to avoid tax evasion.
I didn't know this - thanks for posting and very useful before WT2 :D
To be clear on Graig Fatha the forcasted 6999kWh's per year is about 2600w or about £4,500.
The cost per watt might be different for WT2.
I have been doing some thinking... and realised I am not sure what sort of annual kWhr we can expect from our individual shares of the turbine! It looks as though Nowty says an estimated 7mWhr a year (obviously a ball-park figure as it depends entirely on the weather!) but I guess I need to divide "my" kilowatt into the gross max output to get to the kWhr I might expect to receive. Then again, maybe the sale of our electricity on the spot market will be at such a variable price that my sum just can't be done because the income will be so unpredictable?

I was considering getting a dehumidifier on the basis that a) It would be quite sensible in my house nowadays, what with good draught-proofing and much better new windows and b) my electricity would be low-price and it would deliver much more heat than the power the device took to run, a bit like a heat pump. In other words, I was idly wondering whether Graig Fatha would pay to run the extra load...

Am I way off beam?
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!