Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Stinsy

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Stinsy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:47 pm ...Nowty says an estimated 7mWhr a year...
Sorry to be pedantic but it is "MWh" not "mWh".
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

and a a good job too! I should have proof-read it more carefully... What is the answer though?
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

In your Ripple account it will have a figure for the volume of the WT that you bought in Watts and another figure which is the expected output of the WT that will come to you. The exciting bit is of course that it could go up or down. I own 2,609W and that should generate around 6,900kWh of power.
Somewhere around 2.64kWh per annum per Watt of turbine owned. Each of those kWh generated is worth about 8p to you.
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 15MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:24 pm In your Ripple account it will have a figure for the volume of the WT that you bought in Watts and another figure which is the expected output of the WT that will come to you. The exciting bit is of course that it could go up or down.
My account only shows the wattage I own.

Where is the other figure? I
Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:24 pm I own 2,609W and that should generate around 6,900kWh of power.
Somewhere around 2.64kWh per annum per Watt of turbine owned. Each of those kWh generated is worth about 8p to you.
I wondered whether we should divide our owned bit into the gross estimated output. Is that 2.3 MW, or am I misrembering?
Anyway, thanks for the numbers.
A
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:38 pm
Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:24 pm In your Ripple account it will have a figure for the volume of the WT that you bought in Watts and another figure which is the expected output of the WT that will come to you. The exciting bit is of course that it could go up or down.

Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:24 pm I own 2,609W and that should generate around 6,900kWh of power.
I wondered whether we should divide our owned bit into the gross estimated output. Is that 2.3 MW, or am I misrembering?
A
Checked again and the output No is no longer there. It may have been removed when they updated the timeathon? If memory serves, I was around 6,907kWh anticipated so multiplying your owned Watts by 2.64 should be close to the predicted personal output from WT1?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Inskip75

Post by Inskip75 »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:51 pm
AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:38 pm

A
Checked again and the output No is no longer there. It may have been removed when they updated the timeathon? If memory serves, I was around 6,907kWh anticipated so multiplying your owned Watts by 2.64 should be close to the predicted personal output from WT1?
Mine shows on the Home page under the Timeline for Graig Fatha if you go down
5.6kW PV
0.8kW WT1 and 1.2kW WT2
9.6kWh batteries
3.5kW+2.5kW ASHP
Zappi
Seat Mii Electric
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Thank you, it is there. Not quite so optimistic as the figures we have been looking at but worth having anyway. Virtuous too!
A
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:11 pm Thank you, it is there. Not quite so optimistic as the figures we have been looking at but worth having anyway. Virtuous too!
A
Its great to think that it will (with fortune and a smooth run) be outputting next month. :D

I think buy in to WT2 at a payment level will be coming soon too? Hopefully next couple of weeks. It would be nice to start the New Year as meaning to go on. :ugeek:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

The EV charging card from Octopus arrived yesterday. Stinsy pointed out the cleverness of the Graig Fatha Turbine being linked to our Octopus accounts as is the EV charge card, this means that we can run our cars off of the Wind Turbine. Just pointing that out as it is rather cool. 8-)

Apols for the convoluted way i presented that!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
energyuser

Post by energyuser »

I have read a few posts here and on moneysavingexpert but am still confused.

If I signed up to the 2023 wind farm does anyone have any numbers for the expected savings (or even better what the expected electric price would be that I would pay?)

Sorry if that seems silly but I’m still struggling to work out real numbers!