Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:15 am I mustn't get over-excited and boost my consumption though ...

Is it the case that the transmission costs and the "Green Levy" are a proportion of the cost of my consumption, rather than being worked out per kWhr?

If so, the higher price means that a) the grid takes a bigger lump of money for doing the same work, and b) the Gov't takes even more off me to pay for FITs for other people - when our turbine is producing our electricity for us - with no subsidy, I think?
Good point, not sure. Would have to see the first year breakdown. Regardless, this is a stark reminder of the benefit of being a micro generator and slightly hedged against the fluctuations in fuel prices. Admittedly it is in a crude once pa fashion. I'm staying sunny side up on this as its too cool a project! 😎
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I know it has taken a long time to get this far with Crag Fatha, however i'd have expected a faster ramp up to turbine 2 (WT2) based on the end days interest in WT1 momentum gained, perhaps lower loan prices are based on success of WT1 as a portfolio investment by the initial money advanced?

How do others think WT2 micro investment will progress (fill) & get to build status & connection, any insight welcome.

How many WT2 places filled (reserved) based on WT1 ?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:50 am I know it has taken a long time to get this far with Crag Fatha, however i'd have expected a faster ramp up to turbine 2 (WT2) based on the end days interest in WT1 momentum gained, perhaps lower loan prices are based on success of WT1 as a portfolio investment by the initial money advanced?

How do others think WT2 micro investment will progress (fill) & get to build status & connection, any insight welcome.

It will be interesting to see if the pace changes for WT2. If it is up in Sutherland that has its own supply issues, plus a cluster of three, a whole new thing. Also to wonder if it (the cluster) can hook into an existing wind farm set. I think WT2 is going to be its own unique beasty in all respects. All WT1 owners have that small window to buy in before its thrown open to the country. Personally I hope with the fanfare and press coverage of WT1 that its sold out the door quick style. With the background noise of ramping fuel prices I cant see how it won't.

On the other hand, it took an industrial large single investing individual to get WT1 across the line at the end, That surprised me. The Herd might actually be happier with their heads down and not thinking much. In that case, who can say. I'd hope that the Scottish Govt would back WT2 as the Welsh Govt was prepped to back WT1?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Thanks joe.

To clarify / ask more..

I thought the money man was on stand by & it was the push needed for dithering micro-subscribers to get their acts together resulting in full subscription without assistance? ..y/n

You mean WT1 investors get the jump on £25 reservation holders for WT2 ? (likely just the way wot it was rote) before it is then opened to the wider public?
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:51 pm Thanks joe.

To clarify / ask more..

I thought the money man was on stand by & it was the push needed for dithering micro-subscribers to get their acts together resulting in full subscription without assistance? ..y/n

You mean WT1 investors get the jump on £25 reservation holders for WT2 ? (likely just the way wot it was rote) before it is then opened to the wider public?
Moneyman is onboard, the offer was open to a certain date for anyone to buy in. After that he bought all that remained.

WT1 investors get the jump, maybe. I think it's a 3 or 4 day window. This is my understanding but could be wrong.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Thanks Joe.

I wonder what money man's long term aim is with this ownership, or whether it is truly benevolent & the investment sum drip fed back as more wish to buy in, as I'm just a wee bit sure that it would be in excess of the 120% limit put to others ;)
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:07 pm Thanks Joe.

I wonder what money man's long term aim is with this ownership, or whether it is truly benevolent & the investment sum drip fed back as more wish to buy in, as I'm just a wee bit sure that it would be in excess of the 120% limit put to others ;)
I think he's got industrial holdings to power?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Fair play to the money man then!
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:16 pm Fair play to the money man then!
It's a fair point Gus. Great to sell to people who want to green up their lives. Then the point comes when they need to sell the unit out and build it. In come the investors purely for money or Gov't provided loan. Not great but that is life. We on here are greener than the average 🐻 and I personally see it as madness that WT1 didn't sell out much quicker and to the hoped for original formula.
Last edited by Joeboy on Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

I believe there were just 907 of us who funded WT1 and last I heard over 3k had registered for WT2, no doubt made up of up to a third from WT1.

I don't know how many registrations are required until WF2 is full but suspect it may need to be in the five figure bracket.

As for moneyman stepping in then I am pleased he did as it enabled the project to get off the ground. Otherwise we might still be waiting for an installation date, never mind one for connection to the grid!