Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:52 am I was going to say it looks like it came off a drum like that and Fintray's link suggests its a Triplex formation.

An adaptation of the trefoil formation can be found with the increasingly popular Triplex formation. Triplex cables are three conventional single-core cables supplied pre-wound in trefoil formation by the cable manufacturer/vendor, the three cores having been slowly twisted together during the manufacturing process and supplied on one drum, offering significant benefits in installation time.
Our umbilicals offshore were wrapped in this fashion too. Around thirty conductors in each. Its quite something to see the manufacturers videos.A lot like a cotton mill yet rotating. Good for expansion and contraction in the product too.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Probably going to be another 2022 record for generation today which is not that impressive as every day until June is a potential record but could be an ALL time January day generation record with over 5kW coming in and that's with quite a bit still shaded. :o

In another months time Solar PV self sufficiency will be almost here, just as Ripple WT1 starts up :evil: , but it will at least be like a very large virtual grid battery with most of the summer generation time shifted to the winter. :twisted:

More of a financial accounting battery than a real one. :oops:

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:32 pm Probably going to be another 2022 record for generation today which is not that impressive as every day until June is a potential record but could be an ALL time January day generation record with over 5kW coming in and that's with quite a bit still shaded. :o

In another months time Solar PV self sufficiency will be almost here, just as Ripple WT1 starts up :evil: , but it will at least be like a very large virtual grid battery with most of the summer generation time shifted to the winter. :twisted:

More of a financial accounting battery than a real one. :oops:

We were speaking yesterday about the timings of Ripple WT1 coming online. Couldn't really be better for banking that power from March to Oct. I wonder if they'll come forward from 1st week March energise date? The last update said excellent progress in the trenching and cable lay.

Great progress has been made on the trench construction ready for the cabling for the grid connection. Not long to go now.

I hope they do launch WT2 this week coming.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:27 pm We were speaking yesterday about the timings of Ripple WT1 coming online. Couldn't really be better for banking that power from March to Oct. I wonder if they'll come forward from 1st week March energise date? The last update said excellent progress in the trenching and cable lay.

Great progress has been made on the trench construction ready for the cabling for the grid connection. Not long to go now.

The weather has been pretty kind during January in that part of the country so its not out of the question for a slightly early switch on. 8-)
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:43 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:27 pm We were speaking yesterday about the timings of Ripple WT1 coming online. Couldn't really be better for banking that power from March to Oct. I wonder if they'll come forward from 1st week March energise date? The last update said excellent progress in the trenching and cable lay.

The weather has been pretty kind during January in that part of the country so its not out of the question for a slightly early switch on. 8-)
I thought that line read as quite optimistic.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

just found this:
Graig Fatha update
27/01/2022

Sarah was down on site at Graig Fatha last week whilst filming with the BBC. The episode will air soon and we'll share a link once it's live.
The team have been working hard on site to dig the trench that will have the grid cables laid in it. WPD have likewise been working from the other end so we meet in the middle! Great progress has been made on the trench construction ready for the cabling for the grid connection. Not long to go now.

Here's Sarah whilst on site last week - check it out here.

Image 1: Graig Fatha in the sunshine
Image 2: Pole with transformer to supply control building
Image 3: Cable joint
Image 4: Trench with cable laid on 'dust' bedding
It's looking good...
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
TCA

Post by TCA »

An update re WT2 on the Ripple Twitter account today:

"The whole team is working really hard getting ready for the launch. People who have reserved should be able to convert their reservation into ownership in a week or so."
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Thanks for the update TCA, ..nothing in my email inbox (annoyingly) thought they'd batch notify us all first as planned!?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
TCA

Post by TCA »

Mr Gus wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:02 am Thanks for the update TCA, ..nothing in my email inbox (annoyingly) thought they'd batch notify us all first as planned!?
I'm sure they will. This was just a random response to a question someone asked on Twitter.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Aah, (enlightenment moment) ..fair enough!
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more