Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
AE-NMidlands

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by AE-NMidlands »

just in:
Your wait to convert your wind farm reservation is almost over!

Soon we'll open the share offer for our next wind farm and you'll be able to take up your reservation. We'll publish a formal share offer document which sets out all the details you need. We'll also announce the new suppliers joining us as partners.

Here's everything you need to know over the coming weeks...
We'll email you a few days before your exclusive access to the share offer begins.

We'll email you again to let you know the share offer has opened. This email will contain a link to your member dashboard from where you can sign up. You'll be able to download the share offer document, review pricing, decide how much of the wind farm you wish to own and convert your reservation into full wind farm ownership.

You'll have the option to pay in 12 monthly instalments or a single one-time payment. There's a small discount if you choose the one-time payment option.

You will have exclusive access to the share offer for 1 week only so please ensure you keep your eye out for your email to avoid missing out.

After the 1 week exclusive access to the share offer, we will open the share offer to the public. At this point the 900 watts you have reserved will be released. If you don't join this wind farm by the end of the share offer your reservation will be rolled on to the following wind farm.

Demand has been huge with over 3,700 people reserving their shares. So we are expecting a fast sell out.
All the best,

Team Ripple
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:04 pm just in:
Your wait to convert your wind farm reservation is almost over!

Soon we'll open the share offer for our next wind farm and you'll be able to take up your reservation. We'll publish a formal share offer document which sets out all the details you need. We'll also announce the new suppliers joining us as partners.

Here's everything you need to know over the coming weeks...
We'll email you a few days before your exclusive access to the share offer begins.

We'll email you again to let you know the share offer has opened. This email will contain a link to your member dashboard from where you can sign up. You'll be able to download the share offer document, review pricing, decide how much of the wind farm you wish to own and convert your reservation into full wind farm ownership.

You'll have the option to pay in 12 monthly instalments or a single one-time payment. There's a small discount if you choose the one-time payment option.

You will have exclusive access to the share offer for 1 week only so please ensure you keep your eye out for your email to avoid missing out.

After the 1 week exclusive access to the share offer, we will open the share offer to the public. At this point the 900 watts you have reserved will be released. If you don't join this wind farm by the end of the share offer your reservation will be rolled on to the following wind farm.

Demand has been huge with over 3,700 people reserving their shares. So we are expecting a fast sell out.
All the best,

Team Ripple
Excellent, fingers poised! :D
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I don't know, I think they have a cap on ownership across both farms (upthread somethere) but I'm sure the T&Cs are going to be different this time round. Will need to look at them carefully...
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:36 pm For the benefit of my dimness here folks, does that mean we get to buy up to 900Watts during the reserved period and then after the shares go public we can buy some more if there are any spare ?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Moxi
I don't know Moxi, Intending to see how far the slider will go to the right this time after a careful reassessment of my projected electric use now that i'm mostly gas free. Changed days from when I played with the sliders on WT1. Have you reserved a 900W slot Moxi?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:36 pm For the benefit of my dimness here folks, does that mean we get to buy up to 900Watts during the reserved period and then after the shares go public we can buy some more if there are any spare ?
From what I understand (and I think know more than the average person), if you are in WT1 and before WT2 goes public, you have a week to buy any amount of watts to generate a total (across both windfarms) up to 120% of your annual import. Unless of course ALL 907 WT1 members want vast quantities which sell out the windfarm in one day, but that's very unlikely and even if it did you would still have the week to buy up to the reserved 900w.

You will be allowed to input a new estimate of annual usage, but if you go above the amount of watts to generate (across both windfarms) 6999 kWh per year (assuming same as WT1 rules), then some sort of evidence will be required, like you are already using that much OR it could be, I'm getting an EV or a heatpump fitted next year, or like me, I am boosting more storage heaters or heating bricks in my oven to displace my gas. :twisted:

If you are not in WT1 and have ONLY bought a voucher, I think you have to wait till the public offer and no watts have been reserved for you. That is the only bit which I am not 100% sure about but we did have a discussion about it a few pages back. So if anyone is not in WT1 and has ONLY bought a voucher but has received the email about the early access to the offer, please post here. Or even if you have not received the email about early access, post here as that would confirm that you need to wait for the public offer.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

The slider was "provisional" ie an estimator not a line in the sand Moxi, so you should be just fine.
Presumably the simple fix is, latterly you give them a recent bill with use, or periodically have that logged so they can see relevant changes & allow you to invest more if / when / where it becomes available.

So the heat is off you baby!
(to give you an idea of my initial problem, was changing / adding my name to the Octopus account which just needed the ripple reservation piggybacking, sixty seconds & a chat as to why ripple EV chargers were not available in the E of England ..grr)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
John_S

Post by John_S »

If I have reserved 900 watts, does anyone know if have to buy 900 watts or could I buy, say, 800 watts?

A lot will depend on the P75 annual output per watt figure. It was 2.67 for WT1 and it might be expected to be higher for Scotland, but a high figure would decrease the amount of watts available within the 120% of annual consumption headroom.

I have ended up doing more that usually EV charging at home in January and, on that basis, could argue a higher than 7,000 kWh annual consumption, but I know that this level of consumption would not be sustained throughout the year.
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.