Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:03 pm My ripple site newsfeed sucks as bad as many other aspects of the "made by a kid with a crayon" website..

Just got this no more, no expandable page.

"Register for the webinar

22/02/2022
Ripple CEO, Sarah Merrick will be hosting a live webinar to talk about the second wind farm, Kirk Hill and show you how it can help protect you from f...

Kirk Hill Wind Farm, is open for public ownership! Join the webinar

18/02/2022
The wait is finally over! Our second wind farm, Kirk Hill, is now officially open for full public ownership. After only one day plus the reservation a..."
Click on the + sign at bottom of bulletpoint?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Found it thanks, its archaic not to link in within the dribble of info "hook"

Perhaps I ought to send my mate Phil in. ( decent web developer for 24 odd years)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

I only managed to watch the tail end of it but I do note she changed the reasoning of the 120% investment limit compared with what was said at the AGM and other previous occasions.

I suspect there is no likelihood of having the income seen as tax free microgeneration anymore. the argument this time seems to be if its allowed to be a higher percentage then it becomes an investment rather than a cooperative scheme. So I suspect then the income is classed as a dividend rather than interest therefore less tax advantageous if you have not used up your interest allowance.

she also mentioned the income specifically as trading allowance, which is different that what they said during the WT1 share issue. I think something has therefore happened, possibly with discussions with HMRC or recent financial advice received. It might even be something to do with the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) which is being used for WT2.

Its nothing I'm particularly concerned about as whether its interest or a dividend, I don't really care but it could do with the financial director giving some info clarifying the different emphasis on the wording ion the income between WT1 and WT2.

EDIT - The other thing I took form it was as before and as my conversation with them quite some time ago, any reasonable excuse for buying more than your current use seems to be ok. Like I'm buying an EV, fitting a heatpump or boosting storage heaters, etc.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I missed the show. What with oil over $100 per barrel 😳 the co-op WT's look even better as an investment and hedge against idiocy. Must be about a 10 day countdown to energise now? 8-)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Inskip75

Post by Inskip75 »

One other thing was that WT3 will be initially starting sometime this year - I have guesstimated at my consumption, as it will be proper use of the EV rather than a lockdown year (hopefully!) plus another HP and playing with the HP's instead of gas.

This willleave me with some extra use within the 120% for WT3.

PS and they plan to go international
5.6kW PV
0.8kW WT1 and 1.2kW WT2
9.6kWh batteries
3.5kW+2.5kW ASHP
Zappi
Seat Mii Electric
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I was making supper, so missed it completely, no you-tube video up yet (listed as going up today)

If anyone see's it, please leave it here on the thread.

& we've snuck up to 49% slots filled.

A piece in the Guardian today, by Bill McKibben urging us to defeat "petrostate autocrats" via ramping up renewables.
(comments are open)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -autocrats
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
TCA

Post by TCA »

nowty wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:03 pm Its nothing I'm particularly concerned about as whether its interest or a dividend, I don't really care but it could do with the financial director giving some info clarifying the different emphasis on the wording ion the income between WT1 and WT2.
See my previous posts. I exchanged emails with the finance director and they just don't know the tax treatment. So any references to savings classed as interest or (trading) income are pure guesswork and anything stated definitively is slightly disingenuous.

The different wording in the Kirk Hill share offer document, especially about the trading allowance, was careful to introduce that as only a possibility. Presumably just to cover all the bases. You'll notice in last night's webinar, re the tax issue, Sarah Merrick said "we understand that.......".

Until HMRC give a ruling, it could be either. But as of right now Ripple aren't in dialogue with HMRC but are looking to engage. The FD reckons they have plenty time because they're not reporting the trading benefit for a while yet!

Dividends haven't been mentioned in anything I've read.
TCA

Post by TCA »

Mr Gus wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:56 am If anyone see's it, please leave it here on the thread.
nowty

Post by nowty »

TCA wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:25 pm Until HMRC give a ruling, it could be either. But as of right now Ripple aren't in dialogue with HMRC but are looking to engage. The FD reckons they have plenty time because they're not reporting the trading benefit for a while yet!
Yeah, but WT1 starts up in only a few days time, although I guess by the time the first rebate is paid, it will be in the next tax year so we wont need to disclose it till sometime in 2023.

EDIT - Just watched the whole webinar, she kept mentioning the rebate being a trading benefit of the CoOp of which we are a shareholder of so I can now at least understand what they are talking about, rather than random financial gibberish. The only other thing I learned was splitting an inheritance on death between several people (like your children). Its not there yet, but she said there was no legal issue to it, so its on the ToDo list.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
TCA

Post by TCA »

nowty wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:46 pm Yeah, but WT1 starts up in only a few days time, although I guess by the time the first rebate is paid, it will be in the next tax year so we wont need to disclose it till sometime in 2023.
Yes, I presume that's their thinking and the timing may be kind of fortunate in that respect. It might not matter to many but I'm sure there are more than just me who'd have liked to know with certainty upfront how they'll be taxed, rather than in retrospect.

I'm still baffled as to why they haven't sought a ruling from HMRC on this. It's the sort of thing you'd think they'd want clarity on, even before any share offer document was issued. Vague indications, even from HMRC themselves, don't really count for much.