Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Please delete.
Last edited by Joeboy on Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Please also delete Cretan comms went nuts! :)
Last edited by Joeboy on Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Badges AND stickers, what a day! :)

Your member gifts are on their way!

Congratulations! You are one of the first prioneering people in the UK to be powered by a wind turbine that you own alongside hundreds of others. What an incredible milestone for renewable energy ownership!

You've transformed your carbon footprint. Together, you'll save over 1.1 million kgs of CO2 a year from your wind farm, once switched on. 

To celebrate your membership of this unique community, we are sending an exclusive pin badge to every Graig Fatha member and a window sticker that you can proudly display in your home. You should receive these over the coming weeks.  

Stay tuned for how you can win exclusive Ripple goodies using your stickers later in the year.

If you would like a window sticker for your electric vehicle too, please follow this link.  Fill in your details by Friday 13th August and we'll post one out to you.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:00 pm
You've transformed your carbon footprint. Together, you'll save over 1.1 million kgs of CO2 a year from your wind farm, once switched on. 
I thought that might be a bit of greenwash like comparing it to gas or coal, but when I did the number crunching, its about right compared to the average CO2 intensity of the UK leccy grid.

Well done Ripple for being honest. :thumbsup:
16.9kW PV > 104MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I may in the fullness of time (post WT1, pre WT2) track down a good & accurate.carbon calculator and see what squeezes out of, my life squeezed in. There is a part of me that enjoys the ongoing fluidity of this reductional gas generating lifestyle. One day I will truly embrace the figures when true stability is underfoot. It's been a busy few years and (for the good) been a while since we were static. :)

I really do enjoy chatting with you guys, night from Crete. (100% soc back in Scotland, son showered and gaming on pc or console like a maniac).
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:59 pm I may in the fullness of time (post WT1, pre WT2) track down a good & accurate.carbon calculator and see what squeezes out of, my life squeezed in. There is a part of me that enjoys the ongoing fluidity of this reductional gas generating lifestyle. One day I will truly embrace the figures when true stability is underfoot. It's been a busy few years and (for the good) been a while since we were static. :)

I really do enjoy chatting with you guys, night from Crete. (100% soc back in Scotland, son showered and gaming on pc or console like a maniac).
At the present time WT1 (Graig Fatha) would be maxed out. :D

Current Wind generation is about 7.5GW but there is not much wind in western Scotland so maybe WT2 needs to be there. If a low pressure system was further north it would be vice versa.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Certainly when we were there it was a beautiful day but the wind was constant in the area.

It would be good if they cover more bases with WT2 geographically. It's quite a thing to be a part of. :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:46 am It would be good if they cover more bases with WT2 geographically. It's quite a thing to be a part of. :)
That would be a good idea, but they seem to be talking about a sister turbine, I presume in the same place - maybe to use spare capacity built in to the grid connection infrastructure? The access road etc must be worth exploiting further too, so going elsewhere and starting again probably isn't viable.
Pity there aren't turbines with a similar philosophy round the country that they could share a connection with, and rent their spare capacity out to another organisation.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Looking ahead to Ripple switch on, bought another 3 hive plugs, used £60 incl p&p. Also got another 'bathroom' type storage heater. 850W for upstairs, general raising of ambient for mornings, can take a 6 hour charge. Will get 4 or 5 hrs into it depending on my success with Go or Faster post SMET2 repairs. 1st Winter will be a test as running at the generation edge with no bank of Summer power. Nonetheless, personal records shall fall. :) Confidence is high!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:33 pm Looking ahead to Ripple switch on, bought another 3 hive plugs, used £60 incl p&p. Also got another 'bathroom' type storage heater. 850W for upstairs, general raising of ambient for mornings, can take a 6 hour charge. Will get 4 or 5 hrs into it depending on my success with Go or Faster post SMET2 repairs. 1st Winter will be a test as running at the generation edge with no bank of Summer power. Nonetheless, personal records shall fall. :) Confidence is high!
If you got a Telsa you could move to Octopus Intelligence and get that 6hr 5p slot. :twisted:

Just saying.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3