Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

AGT wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:10 pm Is the investment that worthwhile, with a saving of £300 ish a year

I’m genuinely interested but SWMBO doesn’t see the investment deal like the original FIT deal.
Lets face it nothing will be as good as the original FITs !

So its a pointless exercise trying to compare with it, maybe compare it to the less than 1% in a cash ISA or the NS&I Green Savings bonds of 1.3% which are evaporating your lump sum with inflation.

The main advantage which you wont get anywhere else, is it goes a long way to fix your energy bills for the next 25 years or more. Energy bills go up, your savings go up, energy bills go down your savings go down. And for most people the returns are tax free.
16.9kW PV > 104MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:21 pm
AGT wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:10 pm Is the investment that worthwhile, with a saving of £300 ish a year

I’m genuinely interested but SWMBO doesn’t see the investment deal like the original FIT deal.

So its a pointless exercise trying to compare with it, maybe compare it to the less than 1% in a cash ISA or the NS&I Green Savings bonds of 1.3% which are evaporating your lump sum with inflation.

The main advantage which you wont get anywhere else, is it goes a long way to fix your energy bills for the next 25 years or more. Energy bills go up, your savings go up, energy bills go down your savings go down. And for most people the returns are tax free.
Depends on how much the OP invests to get that £300.
I will see a 14% return in year 1 alone . I have read various snippets online regarding roi and people not thinking it's enough. Yet no one presents the killer investment that beats 14% Funny that....
I echo Nowty regarding inflation and would like to add that's its not all monetary or at least it shouldn't be. In saying that 14%....
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

nowty wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:13 pm
Tinbum wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:34 am I'm wondering about putting some more into WT2 as I understand it's based on usage and not grid import. :D
Ripple have confirmed it is net of local generation, i.e. it is grid import.

But no matter how low of a user you are, as long as you buy 6999 kWh worth or less no evidence is needed.
Example, my father has circa 300% of his usage in WT1.
I saw a post on ripples facebook that said the opposite yesterday!!
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
nowty

Post by nowty »

The ripple output for today looks a little more realistic at 55 kWh for me as opposed to the previous forecast of 72kW but still might make the magic combined solar and wind of 100+ kWh for the first time. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

I read this as being what you use not import.

85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
AGT

Post by AGT »

Is the investment that worthwhile, with a saving of £300 ish a year

I’m genuinely interested but SWMBO doesn’t see the investment deal like the original FIT deal
nowty

Post by nowty »

Tinbum wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:57 pm I read this as being what you use not import.

I know you can read into that what you like, but it has been on several occasions confirmed with actual examples given that it is your electricity import from your supplier. And I think it was even confirmed again recently from the WT2 webinar, I'll try and find the actual bit.

However ironically there is nothing to stop someone who does not have solar to buy all their watts based on their current leccy bill, then after install solar and your in the same situation.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Does everything have to be monetary profit !? ..that's a bonus, not the reason for our capital.
& We don't have space for a garden turbine that would doubtless cost more to buy, fit, maintain if we had.

Ffs.
That's a sh1te mindset to immerse oneself in.

That's also how inertia works as to clean up the environment or not works with the ongoing catastrophe all around us.I

Can I get paid for stopping at just one kid then & can we please charge extra for those with 2 or more as to the burden they place on societal balance!?

How far do you want to go?🤔
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:29 pm
nowty wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:21 pm

Depends on how much the OP invests to get that £300.
I will see a 14% return in year 1 alone . I have read various snippets online regarding roi and people not thinking it's enough. Yet no one presents the killer investment that beats 14% Funny that....
I echo Nowty regarding inflation and would like to add that's its not all monetary or at least it shouldn't be. In saying that 14%....
My Joe, how I sympathise with yours and Nowty's comments above. It would seem that some are scrutinising the offer to the n'th degree and going way beyond even due diligence. It does make me wonder if they are simply trying throw doubt into others minds to try and strangle the project at berth and then get some sort strange satisfaction out of doing so! :evil: A bit like alternate theories and all that. Isn't it great to be able to post actual output from WF1just to show it and WF2 are by no means a hoax and with returns that any company listed on the LSE would be delighted to report. :D
AGT

Post by AGT »

Mr Gus wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:08 pm Does everything have to be monetary profit !? ..that's a bonus, not the reason for our capital.
& We don't have space for a garden turbine that would doubtless cost more to buy, fit, maintain if we had.

Ffs.
That's a sh1te mindset to immerse oneself in.

That's also how inertia works as to clean up the environment or not works with the ongoing catastrophe all around us.I

Can I get paid for stopping at just one kid then & can we please charge extra for those with 2 or more as to the burden they place on societal balance!?

How far do you want to go?🤔

Finished ranting, with the usual nonsensical posts..
As I said I’m interested but the Mrs needs more convincing.