Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Mr Gus

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Mr Gus »

Not ranting, you been in the arctic or anywhere that delicate?
cockwomble
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

nowty wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:06 pm
Tinbum wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:57 pm I read this as being what you use not import.

I know you can read into that what you like, but it has been on several occasions confirmed with actual examples given that it is your electricity import from your supplier. And I think it was even confirmed again recently from the WT2 webinar, I'll try and find the actual bit.

However ironically there is nothing to stop someone who does not have solar to buy all their watts based on their current leccy bill, then after install solar and your in the same situation.
Here you are Tinbum, 29:10 to 30:15 for folk with solar panels. You have to listen to it carefully especially at the end as she speaks quite quickly. She definitely says you buy the difference. And as I say its been confirmed in several times in the past for WT1 with actual examples. If it was possible I'd be weighing in myself for another 10MWh's worth.

16.9kW PV > 104MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

Thanks, don't really think that is definitive answer though. :roll:
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
Stig

Post by Stig »

AGT wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:18 pm
Mr Gus wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:08 pm Does everything have to be monetary profit !? ..that's a bonus, not the reason for our capital.
& We don't have space for a garden turbine that would doubtless cost more to buy, fit, maintain if we had.

Ffs.
That's a sh1te mindset to immerse oneself in.

That's also how inertia works as to clean up the environment or not works with the ongoing catastrophe all around us.I

Can I get paid for stopping at just one kid then & can we please charge extra for those with 2 or more as to the burden they place on societal balance!?

How far do you want to go?🤔

Finished ranting, with the usual nonsensical posts..
As I said I’m interested but the Mrs needs more convincing.
Don't take it personally, Gus is frequently ranting! :)
nowty

Post by nowty »

Tinbum wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:59 pm Thanks, don't really think that is definitive answer though. :roll:
Here you are Tinbum, another interview to watch between 3:27 and 4:10 about having solar panels and what it means to how much you can buy.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

nowty wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:53 pm The ripple output for today looks a little more realistic at 55 kWh for me as opposed to the previous forecast of 72kW but still might make the magic combined solar and wind of 100+ kWh for the first time. :mrgreen:
Actually I was looking at my fathers ripple account. :lol:

Still on here for almost the max 72kWh from WT1 and looking at the wind maps, it should defo be on or near full power. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:16 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:29 pm
nowty wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:21 pm

Lets face it nothing will be as good as the original FITs !

So its a pointless exercise trying to compare with it, maybe compare it to the less than 1% in a cash ISA or the NS&I Green Savings bonds of 1.3% which are evaporating your lump sum with inflation.

The main advantage which you wont get anywhere else, is it goes a long way to fix your energy bills for the next 25 years or more. Energy bills go up, your savings go up, energy bills go down your savings go down. And for most people the returns are tax free.
Depends on how much the OP invests to get that £300.
I will see a 14% return in year 1 alone . I have read various snippets online regarding roi and people not thinking it's enough. Yet no one presents the killer investment that beats 14% Funny that....
I echo Nowty regarding inflation and would like to add that's its not all monetary or at least it shouldn't be. In saying that 14%....
My Joe, how I sympathise with yours and Nowty's comments above. It would seem that some are scrutinising the offer to the n'th degree and going way beyond even due diligence. It does make me wonder if they are simply trying throw doubt into others minds to try and strangle the project at berth and then get some sort strange satisfaction out of doing so! :evil: A bit like alternate theories and all that. Isn't it great to be able to post actual output from WF1just to show it and WF2 are by no means a hoax and with returns that any company listed on the LSE would be delighted to report. :D
There will always be a percentage who like to stand at the side and sling mud at no cost to themselves as they have no 'skin in game'. Nothing can be done about them and they'll move onto something else soon enough, pity them. Its a shame that their prattlings may influence waverers who could instead be on standby for Kirkhill No1 to crank.

In saying that people looking to invest have to do their own due diligence as it is an investment and they shouldn't come in unless they are comfortable with the cost even on 12 payments as I did with my last chunk. There has been so much variance in the per kWh price that I laterally invested for the chance to be a part of a 'green machine' after so long in the oil game. In addition I had a happy feeling after visiting the area that my money would be helping light up the surrounding towns in part.

I've fallen fortunate and come out a winner on the background of a horrendous asset squeeze and sure i'll make 14% this year but i'd be ok if that became 4% the following year (unlikely thought that may be). From that POV I have no worries as i'm doing it to be a 'good guy', Not everyone will be in that position of have that urge. Caveat Emptor and I hope that all who pass through here and read these witterings will join the WT Co-Op Club in a way that is financially comfortable for themselves and their family.

Talking of families there is that as well. For all time and regardless of profits going forward, 'we' bought into the idea of a co-op WT and put our money where our mouths are. Regardless of the % return I will leave behind an Electrical Green Machine for my kids to inherit and who knows how long these units will run for? Regarding taxation, basis for buy in etc, these all just slide away for me in importance.

Just my thoughts above, no slight or dig at anyone intended. I think we are all doing a cracking job even if some are still thinking about it, its all a part of it.

Nowty, loving the new sig! We are looking at closing out the day somewhere around this set of figures.
WS 18kWh (off until 15.00 hrs today)
PV 26kWh (Epic PB for the year, on the wane but still producing)
VB 62kWh (As predicted by Ripple)
Total 106kWh non grid based power generation. :ugeek:

For a laugh, lets add the ghost of a future VB. Kirkhill is fully online and performs in line with Graig Fatha (I know, just go with it eh)?
Kirlhill VB 82.6kWh...

If I run the WS a little more I could have a 200kWh off grid day. Can anyone get their head around that? :o

There's another facet of this whole thing. The absolute awe that we are alive and that we can be doing this stuff and genuinely being grid free.
What an :idea: ! :D
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

At Nowty Towers, the PV has just popped over 51 kWh and still 1.5 kW coming in but on the way down now.

WT1 looks like 71 kWh, so a massive total of 122 kWh.
EDIT - (nowtyPB) - NOTE - I think this was based on fake forecast WT1 generation as actual generation was not shown for a week or 2 after going operational.

But looking into the future for WT2, well its windy there too today but not quite as much as in the WT1 area so I'm going to give it 80% of max output so I'm going to estimate my share would have been 48 kWh.

So if Kirk Hill was in operational service today my total for today would be a mind boggling 170 kWh and 119 kWh of that would have gone into my virtual battery, all saved for next winter. 8-)
Last edited by nowty on Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:23 pm At Nowty Towers, the PV has just popped over 51 kWh and still 1.5 kW coming in but on the way down now.

WT1 looks like 71 kWh, so a massive total of 122 kWh.

But looking into the future for WT2, well its windy there too today but not quite as much as in the WT1 area so I'm going to give it 80% of max output so I'm going to estimate my share would have been 48 kWh.

So if Kirk Hill was in operational service today my total for today would be a mind boggling 170 kWh and 119 kWh of that would have gone into my virtual battery, all saved for next winter. 8-)
It's a whole new game, single day, significant fractions of RE Megawatts. :D
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AGT

Post by AGT »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:28 pm
Adokforme wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:16 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:29 pm
Depends on how much the OP invests to get that £300.
I will see a 14% return in year 1 alone . I have read various snippets online regarding roi and people not thinking it's enough. Yet no one presents the killer investment that beats 14% Funny that....
I echo Nowty regarding inflation and would like to add that's its not all monetary or at least it shouldn't be. In saying that 14%....
My Joe, how I sympathise with yours and Nowty's comments above. It would seem that some are scrutinising the offer to the n'th degree and going way beyond even due diligence. It does make me wonder if they are simply trying throw doubt into others minds to try and strangle the project at berth and then get some sort strange satisfaction out of doing so! :evil: A bit like alternate theories and all that. Isn't it great to be able to post actual output from WF1just to show it and WF2 are by no means a hoax and with returns that any company listed on the LSE would be delighted to report. :D
There will always be a percentage who like to stand at the side and sling mud at no cost to themselves as they have no 'skin in game'. Nothing can be done about them and they'll move onto something else soon enough, pity them. Its a shame that their prattlings may influence waverers who could instead be on standby for Kirkhill No1 to crank.

In saying that people looking to invest have to do their own due diligence as it is an investment and they shouldn't come in unless they are comfortable with the cost even on 12 payments as I did with my last chunk. There has been so much variance in the per kWh price that I laterally invested for the chance to be a part of a 'green machine' after so long in the oil game. In addition I had a happy feeling after visiting the area that my money would be helping light up the surrounding towns in part.

I've fallen fortunate and come out a winner on the background of a horrendous asset squeeze and sure i'll make 14% this year but i'd be ok if that became 4% the following year (unlikely thought that may be). From that POV I have no worries as i'm doing it to be a 'good guy', Not everyone will be in that position of have that urge. Caveat Emptor and I hope that all who pass through here and read these witterings will join the WT Co-Op Club in a way that is financially comfortable for themselves and their family.

Talking of families there is that as well. For all time and regardless of profits going forward, 'we' bought into the idea of a co-op WT and put our money where our mouths are. Regardless of the % return I will leave behind an Electrical Green Machine for my kids to inherit and who knows how long these units will run for? Regarding taxation, basis for buy in etc, these all just slide away for me in importance.

Just my thoughts above, no slight or dig at anyone intended. I think we are all doing a cracking job even if some are still thinking about it, its all a part of it.

Nowty, loving the new sig! We are looking at closing out the day somewhere around this set of figures.
WS 18kWh (off until 15.00 hrs today)
PV 26kWh (Epic PB for the year, on the wane but still producing)
VB 62kWh (As predicted by Ripple)
Total 106kWh non grid based power generation. :ugeek:

For a laugh, lets add the ghost of a future VB. Kirkhill is fully online and performs in line with Graig Fatha (I know, just go with it eh)?
Kirlhill VB 82.6kWh...

If I run the WS a little more I could have a 200kWh off grid day. Can anyone get their head around that? :o

There's another facet of this whole thing. The absolute awe that we are alive and that we can be doing this stuff and genuinely being grid free.
What an :idea: ! :D

Great Post!