Wind turbine that works.

Wind turbines
ALAN/ALAN D

Re: Wind turbine that works.

Post by ALAN/ALAN D »

I missed this bit of information.

Quote. " Unlike turbines that require rotating rotor blades and many moving parts, making them prone to maintenance issues, the motionless and durable Aeromine solution generates more energy in less space." :lol: :D :roll:
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I hope to god that any real world testing is on the moron "so called" inventors home, ..it would result in divorce.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

I think this is the same "bladeless" wind turbine mentioned here
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1441&p=19872&hilit ... ate#p19872
ALAN/ALAN D wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:47 pm I missed this bit of information.

Quote. " Unlike turbines that require rotating rotor blades and many moving parts, making them prone to maintenance issues, the motionless and durable Aeromine solution generates more energy in less space." :lol: :D :roll:
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
ALAN/ALAN D

Post by ALAN/ALAN D »

Strange that its that one because if you click on the video you can Seeeeee rotating and moving parts underneath.

Quote. " the motionless and durable Aeromine solution generates more energy in less space." :lol: :D : :roll:

It has got Aeromine Painted on it though. :mrgreen:
Mart

Post by Mart »

There was a news article on this in Electrek - one of the comments checked the patent and I think they said it dated back about 10yrs ..... so ...... hmm!
3.58kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Mart wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:14 am There was a news article on this in Electrek - one of the comments checked the patent and I think they said it dated back about 10yrs ..... so ...... hmm!
I suspect there are a lot of people around now, dusting off old and failed devices from the past, attracting new investors and hoping to cash in on what seems to be a mini-RE revolution, caused by the energy crisis. Happens every time there is an energy crisis. Remember all those fake petrol saving gadgets that used to pop up whenever petrol prices shot up, years ago?

The idea will be to pull in money from investors to pay salaries for a year or two, then the project will fold when it turns out not to work and the investors will all lose out. In the meantime it's made some people money, paid salaries to those that dusted off the old "invention" and also provided content so that sites like Electrek can continue to earn revenue.

These things are like self-licking lollipops, they exist to make money for various individuals, without providing anything useful. Many eco websites love them, as do the media, as they provide good content that attracts clicks for ad revenue, so that helps to attract more chancers into the "investment in chocolate teapots" game. Even the politicians love them, as they can claim credit for doing something, even when they aren't.

I don't think the investors mind, either. I remember reading an article, I think by one of the Dragon's Den investors, saying that they only expect a tiny number of investments in new technology to ever pay off. They invest in stuff just because when one does turn out to be a diamond hiding amongst shards of broken glass the pay out can be very high indeed.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Mart

Post by Mart »

Yep OGB. These domestic wind turbine ideas seem to come round faster than the blades turn.

Btw, I've noticed lots of 'just add this to your tank' adverts lately interspersed with my article reading news. Plus I'm getting calls and texts about claiming the Gov fuel bill £400 allowance. Scammers gotta scam, I suppose.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

The other scam that has been resurrected are all those selling "100% efficient" electric heaters. Noticed a spate of these lately. The fact that all electric heaters are inherently 100% efficient is ignored in their advertising, with all sorts of wild claims that sail very close to being in breach of the laws on advertising.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Mart

Post by Mart »

Oldgreybeard wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:13 pm The other scam that has been resurrected are all those selling "100% efficient" electric heaters. Noticed a spate of these lately. The fact that all electric heaters are inherently 100% efficient is ignored in their advertising, with all sorts of wild claims that sail very close to being in breach of the laws on advertising.
I take it you're not convinced by these new storage heaters with the magic, sorry, special German clay .... then? :o
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
DavB275

Post by DavB275 »

FWIW we have a MiniWind 2200 that has been in use for the past 12 years. Had to have it re-wound (by an alternator repair company) about 3 years ago, and I also broke one of the blades. Fortunately, was able to source a replacement from someone on here.

Aside from that, it's been very reliable and durable (highest wind speed 74mph). Needs a stiff breeze before it does much, but I would rather have it than not.

The original company folded some years ago, so don't know if there are any second hand units out there.
Off Grid home
3.5kW PV panels 2kW wind turbine
Solar thermal tubes 2500L thermal store
Perge log boiler
6 x Pylontech batteries
9kVa Lister generator