Seagreen gets bigger

Wind turbines
dan_b

Seagreen gets bigger

Post by dan_b »

https://renews.biz/81053/seagreen-gets- ... -capacity/

If I'm reading this right, the Seagreen offshore floating windfarm that is already in construction and generating power from those turbines already installed - they've got consent for the remaining turbines yet to be installed to have a power/capacity increase, to generate an additional 140MW?
So the remaining 36 turbines to be planted will be what, 14MW machines, instead of 10MW?
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Oliver90owner

Re: Seagreen gets bigger

Post by Oliver90owner »

From the link:

Para 2.

The Section 36C (S36C) application to increase the potential installed capacity of the project’s remaining 36 turbines from 360MW to up to 500MW has been granted.
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Indeed, was just trying to do the maths!
Going from 10 to 14MW machines seems entirely feasible.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

dan_b wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:20 am https://renews.biz/81053/seagreen-gets- ... -capacity/

If I'm reading this right, the Seagreen offshore floating windfarm that is already in construction and generating power from those turbines already installed - they've got consent for the remaining turbines yet to be installed to have a power/capacity increase, to generate an additional 140MW?
So the remaining 36 turbines to be planted will be what, 14MW machines, instead of 10MW?
I saw
“Seagreen, Scotland’s largest and the world’s deepest fixed based offshore wind farm, ...
and interpreted that as piled. I wouldn't expect a floating one to be moveable because of the need for power lines to the shore...
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!