Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Fintray

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Fintray »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:34 am I have nothing showing for GF on 11th, 19th and 20th now... Is this comms again, or is it actually broken?
Comms https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... 510#p45458
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Fintray wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:19 am We should have the comms back online in the next few days."
Which was on Mon 15th... Funny that it has been back on since then, but gone off again. Also that the "beta" display of the blades turning and the output is working too.
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:17 am
Fintray wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:19 am We should have the comms back online in the next few days."
Which was on Mon 15th... Funny that it has been back on since then, but gone off again. Also that the "beta" display of the blades turning and the output is working too.
The beta display on mine shows it was last updated on the 9th April, I've tried logging out and back in but still the same!
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Fintray wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:27 am The beta display on mine shows it was last updated on the 9th April, I've tried logging out and back in but still the same!
Mine too, I hadn't spotted that. Ho hum! As Joeboy (I think it was) said, the cash yield is so low now(!) that it's hardly worth logging...
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
John_S

Post by John_S »

If, on the home page for GF members, one selects the current month (the default setting) and hovers over a day, it will show the cash earned and either confirmed or estimated. All days shown, up to Thursday 18 April, are confirmed which suggests to me that they are actual meter readingsand that the lack of comms means nothing subsequently is showing. Friday, Saturday and today, show no data. I expect that they will show confirmed data when the meters are read on Monday or Tuesday.

Alternatively, look on the insights tab and it will show the confirmed or estimated kWh.

However, this still does not explain no data for 9 April.
nowty

Post by nowty »

The comms at GF is currently fecked but its still operating. :fan:
From their website,

Simon P
3 days ago · Project guy at Ripple
An engineer was on site yesterday and confirmed that the turbine is operating, but the problem is to do with the network and continues to prevent data coming through. The set up that was installed should have overcome these situations but there are systems limitations with the SCADA (system control and data acquisition) that has prevented it from working. We are putting an alternative setup in place to avoid these network issues.

Simon P
9 days ago · Project guy at Ripple
the engineer is still on site. They have identified a network issue which is complicating matters. The turbine is still generating though.

Simon P
10 days ago · Project guy at Ripple
A part is required to rectify the comm's issue at Graig Fatha and an engineer is due to be on site tomorrow. The turbine has been operational throughout though, and report from site is that there is no wind either.

Simon P
12 days ago · Project guy at Ripple
Comm's have dropped out for Graig Fatha; the respective parties have been alerted. The turbine is operational.
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

"but there are systems limitations with the SCADA (system control and data acquisition) that has prevented it from working. We are putting an alternative setup in place to avoid these network issues."

That reads like progress.Hopefully on a ups of decent multi day length and carried forward into KH & WB as lessons learned. 👍

The comms coming out of Ripple seem to have a little more timeliness and clarity than back in early days of GF operations which is excellent to see. :xl:

Transparency is all, breakdowns happen.
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

GF monitoring comms is coming back soon. :xx:

Data outages - update
22/04/2024
We are aware that the turbine communications have been off since the second week of April. We have been liaising with various parties to determine the source of the issue which appears to have been network-related, and so largely beyond our control. Those issues are apparently resolved now so engineers are on their way to the site to reset and reprogramme the router to reinstate the comms. The turbine has been operational despite these issues.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Fueltheburn

Post by Fueltheburn »

Joined the ranks at Whitelaw Brae today :D
I will be watching my calendar for a long time now awaiting the turn on in the years to come.
3kW FIT Solar
0.8kW balcony solar.
2,372 W of turbine at Whitelaw Brae
6kw Panasonic air to air heat pump for downstairs.
2 WBS. Stovax 8kw and 5kw Morso squirrel
Rointe D series in 2 bedrooms and bathroom.
Aiming to go fully electric....
nowty

Post by nowty »

Fueltheburn wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:45 pm Joined the ranks at Whitelaw Brae today :D
I will be watching my calendar for a long time now awaiting the turn on in the years to come.
I would love you to have bought 2,372 kW of it, but I guess your sig means 2,372 Watts or do you mean you've bought enough to generate 2,372 kWh per year ?

Your the first confirmed member of WB on the secret list, although MrPablo and Yuff are on the brink.

I gots to know. :mrgreen:

Longer version with the action so you can count the shots.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3