Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Yuff wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:28 pm I’m in a similar position with insulation.
Have a survey next week to install cavity wall insulation in to the coldest part of the house.
I’ll top up to just under 7000 kWh
Interested to read how the CWI turns out? :xl:
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

In Ripple's refer a friend email:
"we're within touching distance of energising Kirk Hill Wind Farm (exciting news for those members next week!)" :xl:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
nowty

Post by nowty »

Fintray wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:47 pm In Ripple's refer a friend email:
"we're within touching distance of energising Kirk Hill Wind Farm (exciting news for those members next week!)" :xl:
The level of uncertainty is decreasing, :lol:

Before end of year.
Early next year,
Springtime,
Next month.
Touching distance,

Next week.
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

:xx:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

"Jamie A
a day ago · Projects Manager Ripple Energy

Hi Ian, I'm going to be out at Kirk Hill early next week and all being well we will have something very exciting to show you! It's been an extremely busy few weeks on site but things have been going well. There will be news coming out around the same time about the next steps, including how the dashboard will look initially too."

:xx:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:35 am
Have a survey next week to install cavity wall insulation in to the coldest part of the house.
Will do, although I’m not sure how effective it will be when our son goes out and leaves the front door wide open :freezing:
Everywhere dropped 3 degrees in an instance.
Luckily neighbour popped round and closed the door.
He picked a good day, 6 °c outside
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 3 170 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

KH is up and running! 😀

"Congratulations. We're thrilled to tell you that Kirk Hill Wind Farm has generated power for the first time!

Turbine 2 was the first turbine to generate and export to the grid, and the rest won't be far behind. Your wind farm is currently the UK's largest people-owned wind farm in operation, and you are one of the 5,600 owners who made it happen. With each of you owning an average of a credit card's sized slice of this incredible wind farm, you are actively changing the landscape of green energy in this country. That's real climate action to be proud of.

A special mention goes out to those Ripple members who have now become multi-wind farm generators, adding Kirk Hill to their ownership of our first project, Graig Fatha.

Team Ripple were on the ground to witness the very special moment. You can watch it here: "

What happens next

April - May testing period
Each turbine will be energised and commissioned individually. They will then enter an important period of trial operation. During this time, the turbines may be producing some intermittent energy. Any operating reserves that have been able to be built up during this time will be used to increase the projected savings rate in the next period after December - but the most important goal of this period is to ensure the turbines are able to fully operate without any faults. Once we are out of this trial period, the site will be fully operational. For this reason your generation will not be fully visible on your Ripple dashboard just yet

June estimated first full month energy generation
We expect the first month of full generation to occur. We aim to have your generation data available to view in your dashboard. As we aim to get this data live for you as soon as possible, we anticipate to share a high level view at first. As we start receiving more in-depth data from the wind farm we will improve the level of what we can share.

July anticipated first bill savings
Ahead of your first bill savings landing as a credit on your electricity bill, we will update your dashboard to show you how much your share has generated in kWh, your carbon emissions savings and your energy bills savings. If you have not switched yet we will be contacting you in the next few days.

August visit your wind farm
We will be inviting members to visit the site. We will provide more details on this soon, but hope to be able to open the site for guided tours for one day in August. Details to follow soon. Please remember for now, the site is still a very active construction site, so please do not attempt to visit the site.

You can head to your Ripple dashboard now to share the good news on Kirk Hill's energisation.

Take part in our Kirk Hill celebration

We are planning a celebration of Kirk Hill's energisation. If you and your family would like your names to appear in our celebration video involving the turbines, please fill in the form below by Friday 3rd May 5pm. We'll share more news on this very special video in due course.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:35 am
Property already had CWI but surveyor wasn’t sure how old it was but there were pockets where the insulation is non existent.
Remedy is to remove all the insulation from the whole property, expensive as there have been several additions over the 90 years since the property was built.
However there may be a cwi guarantee and I may be able to get the insulation for the whole house replaced. Waiting to hear back from the various agencies who deal with the guarantees.
If there is no guarantee wanted to render the front if the property and will add insulation to the render minimising the costs of insulation
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 3 170 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV
nowty

Post by nowty »

April capacity factor graph for GF, not long now before I will also be doing the KH one. :mrgreen:

Quite an epic month compared with baseline, over 50% more generation than expected, so compensates for the below par solar. :xx:

15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
ecogeorge

Post by ecogeorge »

Be aware -Ripple are requesting consumption evidence even if not above consumption limit of 7000kwh . Apparently its in the small print if you buy into several offers -eg Kirk Hill and Solar and new windfarm.
Appears unnegoitable despite not exceeding the 7000 limit. I cannot provide consumption evidence as the bill is currently not in my name but there is no movement.
I have asked my holding to be reduced to a level at which proof of consumption is not required and refund me accordingly.
So beware !!!!!
George
1600w Vertical PV micro inverters
2000w almost horizontal/south
Aarrow Becton 7 Woodburner
Dream 3kw ASHP only connected to summer Pool.
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.