Home wind power micro micro size?!

Wind turbines
NoraBatty

Home wind power micro micro size?!

Post by NoraBatty »

When i used to sail, it was typical to see either solar panels or small dc turbines on boats to keep the battery topped up.
I get, that large turbines are ugly to some.
I get that they can be noisy, and create light issues.

What about the smaller ones?
Okay, the smaller you go the less you get.
And yes the cleaner the air flow the better.
But as they work in marina environments, which can be just as built up as housing areas is that a reason to reject them completely?

Why is it i can have a kinetic art sculpture in my garden whuch has no problem in turbulent flow of a built up housing area, and small pinwheel bird scarers in my vegetable patch whixh also seem to have no issue, yet planning says i cannot attach a dc motor and harvest that energy?!
Trickle charging is still charging, and still adds up.

I also now have a predictable wind generator in my garden. A heatpump. Its output is consistent in direction.
Is there any way that a small micro turbine could be set up within the exit of the fan, to recapture at least some of the energy that is wasted?! And why oh why, would this also need planning permission.

Go easy, im new, not well versed in all of this, and just speaking aloud, what seems silly to me.
What would be the major pitfalls of such micro scale turbines? Even if it only powers the doorbell.
Moxi

Re: Home wind power micro micro size?!

Post by Moxi »

Nothing you have stated is technically wrong, its just that the cost of implementation for the energy recovery is minuscule, you are far better off spending the cash on another solar panel or better still some insulation to gain a bigger bang for your buck !

If you watch any of RMS you tube shenanigans you will see a similar trend, technically correct in most cases but just not efficient enough and therefore they are generally distractions to the available technologies and strategies that do work at an economical scale.

Of course for RMS who just needs hits on his you tube site to gain revenue the end point scalability isn't an issue.

just my view of course,

Moxi