Ripple CFD vote.....

Wind turbines
ecogeorge

Ripple CFD vote.....

Post by ecogeorge »

Guess everyone has had the email about increased costs and the CFD vote.
Totally confused ....... tell me what to vote.........
George
1600w Vertical PV micro inverters
2000w almost horizontal/south
Aarrow Becton 7 Woodburner
Dream 3kw ASHP only connected to summer Pool.
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
richbee

Re: Ripple CFD vote.....

Post by richbee »

Me too
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
nowty

Post by nowty »

What am I going to vote for ?, I'm fairly relaxed each way, I might not even bother voting. Whatever you vote for the windfarm is still going to operate and reduce the UK's carbon emissions one way or another.

I suggest you watch the video,

And the slides are here,
https://static.rippleenergy.com/assets/ ... -DW-v2.pdf

If you want an insurance policy for mega higher prices as what happened over the past two years, then vote against it and you get the status quo, but that comes at the risk of even lower rebates, especially for KH if wholesale locational pricing comes in.

If you want a guaranteed profit, vote for it. Strike price almost certainty higher than what we will get now and also what we would have got even without the cost overrun and delays and you get CPI indexing going forward for 15 years from 2016.

The option of this CFD is a one off never to be repeated offer, the deadline for the CFD auction is 19th April (hence EGM on the 15th April) and it will not ever be offered again once the KH windfarm or solar farm with DW goes live. Whatever happens with the vote, the Coop will be applying for the CFD on the borrowed money pro rata portion of the windfarm. But even if you vote for it there is no guarantee of the Coop busting the auction limit and we are still where we are with the status quo.

15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Not a cfd type person. Let it flow au natural! :twisted:

I bought into WT's so I could take advantage of real-time ebb & flow of weather across our fair islands.

I hope for this ebb & flow to be as close to real-time as possible. Poor reality is once per year. Its now being presented as once per 6 months maybe?

CFD edges us away from my eventual hope for real-time pricing on an hourly basis.

For that alone I'll stay on the wilder side. :praise:
Last edited by Joeboy on Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Something else has just occurred to me is that the 45% generators levy tax has not gone away and is still in force till at least 2028. So if the wholesale price goes above 7.5p / kWh then KH due to its size is still (partially) on the hook, whereas CFD contracts are exempt from the tax.

Gf and DW are exempt as their generating capacity is under the 50GWh annual limit unless the annual limit is further reduced. If folk recall, it was reduced from the original proposed 100GWh annual limit after a consultation.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rator-levy
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
SporranMcDonald

Post by SporranMcDonald »

nowty wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:01 am Something else has just occurred to me is that the 45% generators levy tax has not gone away and is still in force till at least 2028. So if the wholesale price goes above 7.5p / kWh then KH due to its size is still (partially) on the hook, whereas CFD contracts are exempt from the tax.
Generators Levy Tax : I don't think I have ever seen that mentioned in other discussion groups - nor even by the Ripple presentation.
My priority though is "It's all about the CO2 reduction" and the money side is a minor distraction.
I have helped build two of the Ripple projects, as a co-op member and funder.
4 kWp Solar PV : 50%/50% SE/SW : Solis Hybrid 3.6 : Pylontec 9.6 kWh
5 Kwh Air-to-Air Mitsubishi Heat Pump : single-split
Jotul 602 wood-burner ( 2012 )
Ripple : Graig Fatha & Kirk Hill . . . . plus various other renewable projects.
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Have I got this right, if someone builds a WT or a solar farm and they are paid more than 7.5p /kwh for what they produce,they pay 45% tax on the surplus.
I assume this will have been agreed by some quango who were being subsidised by Saudi armaco…… :joker:
That should get lots of interest.
That almost as dumb as charging EV owners 80-90p /kwh at public chargers including vat at 20%.
They wonder why EV sales are slowing
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 3 170 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV
NoraBatty

Post by NoraBatty »

If i am not mistaken, this was the govts brilliant idea, instead of utilising the windfall tax on oil and gas properly.

I was not a fan of the idea of a winfall tax in the first place, but am certainly against the sham that they have made it.
They created a loophole, and as such, profits have risen, with the public largely blind to it.
They now get 91% tax relief on any new venture to extract oil and gas, alongside the windfall tax.

As far as i am aware, no loophole for renewables was made. As if renewables are the issue, and were the cause of the energy crisis in the first place.
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

This country is mad and has been going this way for many many years.

My father resigned as a JP more than 30 years ago because he couldn't give the sentences he want to give.

The minority speak for the majority and common sense is banned.

I'm glad I'm getting old. :D :D
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

Yuff wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:07 am Have I got this right, if someone builds a WT or a solar farm and they are paid more than 7.5p /kwh for what they produce,they pay 45% tax on the surplus.
I assume this will have been agreed by some quango who were being subsidised by Saudi armaco…… :joker:
That should get lots of interest.
That almost as dumb as charging EV owners 80-90p /kwh at public chargers including vat at 20%.
They wonder why EV sales are slowing
They need to produce over 50GWh/yr and various expenses are also deductable, and does not apply if there is a CfD in place etc. It's a goverment thing so never as simple as it could be...