Turbulent hydro

Water turbines and anything associated
dan_b

Turbulent hydro

Post by dan_b »

Anyone come across this type of hydro system before?

https://www.turbulent.be/
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
billi

Re: Turbulent hydro

Post by billi »

Yeah , that should be same idea like this Waterturbine operating since 2006 in Austria
http://www.zotloeterer.com/welcome/

But might not be much different to those "micro hydro low head" ideas that have a downfall pipe under the generator and wheel to create som suction
billi

Post by billi »

Thats " my" little River Front of the House , still thinking how to come Up with an easy Idea , to produce some Watts , Problem ist Flooding in Winter and Sure bigger Problem ist the local council 🤔
nowty

Post by nowty »

billi wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:33 pm Thats " my" little River Front of the House , still thinking how to come Up with an easy Idea , to produce some Watts , Problem ist Flooding in Winter and Sure bigger Problem ist the local council 🤔
An easy heat pump source !
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
billi

Post by billi »

you mean placing an heatexchanger in the water ?
Thats ontop of some hydro power, another option :roll: and the heatexchanger could be dug in over night :D
nowty

Post by nowty »

billi wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:58 pm you mean placing an heatexchanger in the water ?
Thats ontop of some hydro power, another option :roll: and the heatexchanger could be dug in over night :D
That's exactly what I was thinking, get ya ninja gear on, bury a slinky in the shale and by first light, no one will ever know ! :twisted:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
billi

Post by billi »

Thought so , Nowty :mrgreen:

Well sofar so good with the council , as i worked on the river reinforcement and added a water feature without asking ....

But ideally i would go back towards me being off grid again .... so have to think about how to do that without paperwork
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
billi

Post by billi »

Hi Moxi , the stream is pretty constant in temperature , and all year round there, but certainly not in water levels ,

When there is flooding (usually happens here in spring ) then water is rising to my door step and then , i live in "floodlands"

In former times , and thats the area i grew up in Bavaria , on a good day in winter /spring i could go ice scatting to school , in late spring i could take the canoe , .... but i only had my beloved BMX bike at the time :)

I rang this company today https://hydrowatt.de/de/en/projekte/ after i found their address linked to https://www.british-hydro.org/wp-conten ... -Paper.pdf

I was aware off that company for a long time , but was surprised that , i got them on the phone without waiting, and a great talk after, the person on the phone, instantly found my location , even about 600 km drive away , ( thats not a good thing ... :roll: but )

And a good chat , more important to me to talk to somebody without $$ -Eyes . Do go the official council road , it might never happen or take years

Anyway , i suppose i will find an anarchist idea

billi