Highland Community Energy Society (Hydroturbine)

Water turbines and anything associated
AE-NMidlands

Re: Highland Community Energy Society (Hydroturbine)

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I am looking forward to it delivering, but this is bad news:
I am writing to you on behalf of The Highland Community Energy Society (‘the Co-operative’). Energy4All is the Data Processor for the Co-operative.

I am sorry to inform you that the Co-operative has been the subject of a cyber attack on its website which has resulted in the unauthorised disclosure of some personal data. Please read the notification here from the Co-operative for more information.
The link goes to a pdf which ends
When did we find out about this incident?
On 8 September 2022, Energy4All was notified of this incident by the website hoster that supports our website. An investigation was immediately commenced to determine the cause of the attack and the scope of the personal information affected.
The webhoster has deployed security measures to stop the hack and to monitor the site for any security issues. On 15 September, we were notified of the incident by Energy4All. By this time, security measures had been taken to remove the malicious software and we were assured that our website was no longer under attack.
Ongoing security monitoring indicates there is no evidence of remaining hacker activity.
What are the consequences of this incident?
We recognise that this incident has resulted in a loss of control over some of your personal information and we fully appreciate that news of this incident may give you cause for concern. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience or concern that may be caused to you as a result of this cyber-attack.

Measures we are taking in response to the breach
On discovering the attack an investigation was immediately commenced to stop the attack and protect your personal information. Security measures taken have removed malicious software placed onto our website by the hacker and have stopped the attack. Ongoing security monitoring indicates there is no evidence of remaining hacker activity. We are continuing to monitor the website.
At this stage of our investigation the precise cause of the hack is not yet determined.
Although there is no evidence at this stage that your personal data has been copied or removed by the hacker, because there is evidence of an unauthorised access to a part of our website containing your personal data, this incident has been reported to the UK’s data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO). We will also be reporting it to the Police.
The Co-operative takes its obligations under data protection law extremely seriously and together with Energy4All and Northerwood Systems, is undertaking a thorough investigation to establish the circumstances that led to the cyber-attack.
In addition to this initial notification we will update you in due course if we have any further information to share.
Do I have to do anything?
• You may wish to exercise greater care than normal with your banking, for example being alert to any unexpected contact or activity on your account and if you do witness anything unexpected, immediately report this to your bank or financial services provider and consider changing your password.
• Be vigilant for suspicious emails and avoid clicking on any emails or attachments if you do not completely trust them. For more information about phishing emails and how to spot them please visit the National Cyber Security Centre’s website here.
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Hmm, not a clear cut "how" ..which always annoys me as to culpability & liability where data breaches are concerned.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

They are fast running out of weekends for the proposed Sept open day. I had been going to go up for a look and photos to share. :cry:
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Ken

Post by Ken »

ref post 10 by nowty -why so much landfill gas in Norfolk?
nowty

Post by nowty »

Ken wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:56 am ref post 10 by nowty -why so much landfill gas in Norfolk?
You have either looked at it wrong or are colour blind, the Norfolk RE stuff is wind. The only landfill gas they have is in Northern Ireland. :mrgreen:
Last edited by nowty on Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16.9kW PV > 102MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

After Oct kids hols for the open day. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

There will be an open day on Thrsday 25th Oct at 12.00 noon to see in the turbine house and again Saturday 29th Oct 10am to noon for any interested parties.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

I presume it made the deadline for FITs, so no revenue capping. :twisted:
16.9kW PV > 102MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:07 pm I presume it made the deadline for FITs, so no revenue capping. :twisted:
As far ad I am aware. Their last comm said this was the expectation? TBH they don't communicate well but I'm looking forward to a drive up there late Nov to see what I can.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:07 pm I presume it made the deadline for FITs, so no revenue capping. :twisted:
Commissioned, July 22 and qualified for the FIT. :D

Can't find early generation figures though and the comms seem to be a single annual report issued in Sept. Sadly no Kinlochbervie generation figures in this years report. :roll:

It is a 200kW turbine and predicted to generate 579,000 kWh pa. :ugeek:
A shame that the FIT has went away as it kills further small scale hydro projects. :(
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs