SSE FITs meter and eonnext

Water turbines and anything associated
Djs63

SSE FITs meter and eonnext

Post by Djs63 »

Hi, I had a FITs meter fitted by SSE but am now with eonnext and the meter has now it has failed,EonNext wii not fit a export meter now and nor will they allow me to change to deemed export, what to do now please.?
Proven 6 kWh max turbine, 1.8 kWh max PV and solar hot water (15 evacuated tubes). Kia eNiro and MG Z5 EV, triple glazing, ground source heat pump and wood stove plus 3000 trees, battery electric chain saw etc, 6000 litres of rainwater storage
nowty

Re: SSE FITs meter and eonnext

Post by nowty »

I presume you mean you had a historic FITs export meter fitted by SSE and your generation meter is still OK ?

If so, have you asked your FIT provider can you fit another one yourself or by an MCS type person ?, for example we are allowed to change our generation meters if they fail.

If not you might have to opt out of FITs export and join SEG, assuming you have a smart meter.

EDIT - I'll have a look through the latest FIT guidance document to see if there is anything in it to cover your situation.
Last edited by nowty on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

From what I can find from the latest FIT guidance, there does not seem to be any difference between replacing a generation meter or an export meter. So I would suggest you contact your FIT provider and either change it yourself or get a suitably qualified person to do it for you.

FITs Guidance for Licensed Electricity Suppliers

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/sites/default/ ... 282%29.pdf

Page 103
Other modifications
8.11. The generator should notify you if a generation or export meter has been replaced,
removed or begins measuring electricity that is not generated by the accredited
installation.

-----------------------------------

Same info in the guidance to FIT Generators

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/sites/default/ ... %20v17.pdf

Page 82
Other modifications
6.20. You must notify your FIT licensee if a generation or export meter has been replaced,
removed or begins measuring electricity that is not generated by the accredited
installation.
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Ken

Post by Ken »

Maybe i am not fully understanding the problem but from the export point of view have a smart meter fitted which are both import and export and sign up to a export tariff as per eg Octopus

A FITS meter is your responsibility and can be replaced if faulty but obviously informing your FITS provider. Will need to take photographic evidence.